Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Think you're a true geek?

WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
Think you're a true geek?

Try this quiz and see your results...here is mine:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Tech-Culture/2012/0125/Think-you-re-a-true-geek-Take-our-quiz/gadgets-break?cmpid=prc:geek:b

You are a geek
Congratulations! You exhibit many geeky traits, but not so many that we should be worried. Woot

So it looks like I am not a true geek, although many people would argue with the results of this quiz.

Best Answers

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Answer ✓
    You are a geek

Congratulations! You exhibit many geeky traits, but not so many that we should be worried. Woot!

How little they know...
  • tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

Congratulations! You've picked up a few geeky quirks, but seem to maintain a healthy balance. Live long and prosper.
  • Justin_TheBuckJustin_TheBuck Posts: 253
    Answer ✓
    I was irked by this so called quiz then I saw it was on a Christian then it all made sense.

You are a geek
    Congratulations! You exhibit many geeky traits, but not so many that we should be worried. Woot!
    Answer ✓
    @Justin_TheBuck, The Christian Science Monitor is actually a very respectable paper/website.

And question #42, with the repeated use of every nerd's favorite word, "actually", was brilliant!
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Answer ✓
    You are a geek

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

Congratulations! You've picked up a few geeky quirks, but seem to maintain a healthy balance. Live long and prosper.
  • ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Answer ✓
    You are a geek

Guilty, and I actually caught all of the errors in the test, not just one. I embrace it :)
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓
    Guilty, and I actually caught all of the errors in the test, not just one. I embrace it :)
    I totally did not know there were mistakes.
    also my favorite car is the muth a****in Bandit I went with the ateam van even if the General Lee is rad
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Answer ✓
    My dream car is a Volkswagon Thing. Nothing close to it on the list. Picked the Aston Martin just to pick something.
    Answer ✓
    also my favorite car is the muth a****in Bandit I went with the ateam van even if the General Lee is rad
    My favorite car is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Answer ✓
    My dream car is a Volkswagon Thing.
    My second favorite is the Schwimmwagen.
  • ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    Answer ✓
    I have actively sought out an AMC Gremlin and currently a Porsche 924/944 (that is the VW "porsche") and one of my biggest regrets in life was passing on a Delorean I could have bought. TBF, the outside is stainless but almost everything else turns to rust, they are heavy and drive terribly... still regret it almost weekly.

Right now I am just waiting for VW to finally release their microbus.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Answer ✓
    You are a geek

• batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Answer ✓
    Like many on here, I'm a geek. My dream car was actually KITT.
    Answer ✓
    Oh, and let's not forget Dragula...

• DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

I don't even like Star Trek ;))
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓
    You are a geek

Throughout my childhood my favorite cars had been HERBIE and Hannibal Twin-8

Today I don't even drive anymore.....
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Answer ✓
    Your results:

You are a geek overlord

We cower at your greatness! We can only assume that you are an evil genius bent on world domination, and will be using your robot army for the coming apocalypse. Please accept us as your humble servants and use us to do your bidding. We bow before you oh great Geek!

.... yeah that sounds about right.
  • Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

Seems to fit. Spend too much of my time with sports to get overly geeky
  • Whistling_PeteWhistling_Pete Posts: 111
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

Congratulations! You've picked upa few geeky quirks, but seem to maintain a healthy balance. Live long and prosper.

It's all about balance.
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Answer ✓
    You are well rounded

I think I scored low because I'm not really a gamer, or at least not since i left my 20's behind (ago and dice joke! Rare!)
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Answer ✓
    Your results
    You are well rounded

I figured I would get a higher ranking. I think my not liking Star Trek and Firefly made my score so low.
  • SonofthorSonofthor Posts: 73
    Answer ✓
    You are a geek

• GrimsisterGrimsister Posts: 35
    Answer ✓
    1. can i say that 'test' took me FOREVER!!! and
    2. I think I'm a bit more geeky than the result I got...

Your results
    You are well rounded

Answers