Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Warner Bros Announces DC Films through 2020

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    edited November 2014

Apologists works fine.

That's right!

I'll tell you, if it is one thing the Internet, especially comic book message boards have too much of, it is people willing to wait and see. Those not willing to criticize things months or years before they come out. It's a scourge! Where's that rush to judgment that fuels fandom? We're drowning in a sea of good will and benefit of the doubt!

Thank you, @bralinator‌. We need you on that wall. Please make sure that all the people you disagree with are given their proper labels. We need to know who they are!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Apologists works fine.

Strangely enough, on another forum I'm labeled a DC hater.

I know there's a glass with equal amounts of liquid & space, yet perception of others seems to vary.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    This has all become rather silly. I love you guys, all of you. I don't always agree with your opinions, but we all share a love for a medium that I'm both passionate and nostalgic for. I feel like we should all be able to voice our opinions here about whatever we like and don't like or about the way these properties get handled. Like many of you, I also like to offer my reasons as to why I feel the way I do. There may or may not be good arguments against such reasoning, but it rarely changes that person's understanding of the situation once they've had their reaction and developed an opinion. Like art styles, food tastes, attractions or desires, very often these opinions are relative. "One man's trash is another man's treasure..." and all that.

Most importantly, if I've pissed anyone off by implying that you regularly defend DC's strategy or if I've created strife by way of sharing, and then defending my opinions, or been insulting of you differing opinions, then I apologize. The last thing I wish is to upset like-minded people (read: comic lovers). So, while I think DC could have held back this casting announcement until a later date, (perhaps during the TV series' summer hiatus, or at least wait until a director and script had actually been prepared), you guys felt it was perfectly fine. To me it felt rushed and unnecessary and kind of a jab at their acclaimed TV series, but neither of us has changed our initial opinions. We disagree and, heaven forbid, I even used pejoratives.

I think many things DC does with their publishing and cinematic efforts often generate results that are less than their full potential, while I also feel like their TV efforts are often top-shelf. No longer being a DC fan, I suppose I'm biased and my opinions could be tainted by that. So in my disappointment in DC, maybe I've become too prone to irritation whenever someone defends what they're doing, although I disagree. By the same token, if anyone disses the TV shows, I might vehemently disagree with them.

So while I still believe it was an ill-timed announcement, regardless of the lack of negative (or positive) results, I'm not willing to "die on this hill". Again, please accept my apologies, all.

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    According to Variety:

Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead) is set to develop and direct Warner Bros.’ “Wonder Woman” movie starring Gal Gadot.

• Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited November 2014
    kgforce said:

According to Variety:

Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead) is set to develop and direct Warner Bros.’ “Wonder Woman” movie starring Gal Gadot.

That's the first news I've read about the DCCU movies that actually makes me want to see one. MacLaren directed some of the strongest episodes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and knows her way around dynamic action. Her work on both of those shows in particular really stood out and after Alan Taylor (GoT's other standout director) got the Thor 2 job I was waiting for someone to tap her for a major project. I really can't think of a better choice for the material.