Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Comics Rebirth

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited August 2016
    Rebirth has did its job. DC comics is once again the #1 publisher in terms of sales. (At least for and probably only for one month) :smile:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-sales-top-marvel-in-july-thanks-to-rebirths-strong-performance

• Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    That and Marvel trying it's hardest to disenfranchise readers.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    mphil said:

That and Marvel trying it's hardest to disenfranchise readers.

Bingo.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited October 2016

The first two issues of All Star Batman have been excellent.

I was a little disheartened to see Wonder Woman and Shazam in Hellblazer Rebirth (I honestly thought that page was a Snickers ad at first), but the first issues of the regular series have been good, and feel like Hellblazer comics. So it may be that the superhero cameos in Rebirth were meant to establish (and pee on for ownership?) that, yes, fine, this book is still in the DCU, but then after getting that over with, Oliver and Moritat are able to bring the character back to London, and he and Swamp Thing can be back in their own little pocket and, hopefully, we won't see the superheroes dropping in again. We'll see. But it is off to a good start.

And I don't usually read Wonder Woman, but Rucka, Scott, and Sharp have got me on board for a Wonder Woman book twice a month.
  • Options
    David_D said:

And I don't usually read Wonder Woman, but Rucka, Scott, and Sharp have got me on board for a Wonder Woman book twice a month.

I wasn't sure how the back and forth story telling was going to work but it's been great. I mean, in all honesty, we are getting two different WW books they're just sharing the title...but both stories have been entertaining.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mr_Cosmic said:

David_D said:

I wasn't sure how the back and forth story telling was going to work but it's been great. I mean, in all honesty, we are getting two different WW books they're just sharing the title...but both stories have been entertaining.
    I'm curious how the trades are gonna work on this series. Two sequential volumes, or two volumes separated by storyline?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

David_D said:

I'm curious how the trades are gonna work on this series. Two sequential volumes, or two volumes separated by storyline?
    Good question!

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I think I remember Rucka saying that they would be two seperated by storyline in one of his WordBalloon debriefs.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    mwhitt80 said:

I think I remember Rucka saying that they would be two seperated by storyline in one of his WordBalloon debriefs.

Cool.

I have almost completely become one of those dreaded trade-waiters.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Started reading WW. Love the art. Liking the story ok, but not digging the flip flopping back and forth in time between issues. Don't think it's benefitting the book.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    WetRats said:

Cool.

I have almost completely become one of those dreaded trade-waiters.

We accept him one of us!
    We accept him one of us!
    Gooba gobba gooba gobba
    We accept him we accept him!