Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Am I the only one that squeed a bit over seeing the plan to rename the city Star City?
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    RIP Sara. I'm going to miss them..I mean her.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433

RIP Sara. I'm going to miss them..I mean her.

Major Spoilers

Yeah that was pretty crazy but I always thought she'd get killed eventually because Laurel has to become Black Canary and this will be the path for to become Canary and hopefully she gets the Sonic Scream to.

But also who killed her? The big one is Merlin but I think if it was him they would have shown him. So I think it will be Thea or maybe she'll be the red herring and it actually was Merlin but for now my guess is Thea.

I don't know a lot about the Canary character but wasn't Dinah's mother the 1st Black Canary? We'll if she was in Arrow they mad her sister the 1st Canary.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Decent start. Lot going on. Really liked routh. So sick of these characters going over the same arguments again and again though.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Man they killed the wrong Lance sister. I liked Sarah but I can't hardly stand to look at Laurel.

And I wish Roy had more than one facial expression.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mihawk said:

I don't know a lot about the Canary character but wasn't Dinah's mother the 1st Black Canary? We'll if she was in Arrow they mad her sister the 1st Canary.

A very odd retcon turned her into her own daughter.

Kinda.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    WetRats said:

kgforce said:

Good season opener. I really like Brandon Routh's character... would love him to become the Atom someday. And about that ending!?!? I think we all can guess where that will lead.

Must. Be. Disciplined.

Season 2 just dropped on Netflix yesterday. Trying to plow through it before watching Season 3 opener.

When Routh's Ray Palmer does become The Atom it will likely happen on The Flash's show. The producers mentioned in a recent interview they wanted to keep the more "superpowered" elements outside of the Arrow series.
  • Options
    Sergeant Lance's call sign is Delta Charlie 52!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Season 2 really hit its stride when Barry Allen showed up.

Fancy that...
  • Options
    Why does Ollie always grab his bow before he puts on his fighting togs?
  • Options
  • Options
    What's really interesting is I've read this article that says that the Supergirl TV series there working on and this Titans series that is in the works will be set in same universe as Arrow and The Flash even though there on different networks.

If that actually happens that would be awesome.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Um...

Not the best episode.

The motorcycle fight
    was
    just
    so
    stupid.
  • Options
    How do you not tell a father her daughter is dead? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

How do you not tell a father her daughter is dead? Am I missing something?

Because he's got a bad heart.

Standard Soap Opera Contrivance #17.

Remember the ridiculously-perfectly-timed reminder to take his heart pills?

The truth could KILL him! Dun dun dunnnn.
  • Options
    I'm sorely tempted to keep watching the show in seasonal binges.

The godawful CW soap opera silliness is less overwhelming when I know I don't have to wait another week to get on with the damned plot.
  • Options
    Okay. I was trying to remember if he didn't know if she was alive or not. To his credit Brandon Routh has been the best thing on the show so far.
  • Options

Okay. I was trying to remember if he didn't know if she was alive or not. To his credit Brandon Routh has been the best thing on the show so far.

Really.

Has he been aging backwards since Superman Returns?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    WetRats said:

Really.

He has the same form of vampirism Dick Clark had. (The spin doctors called it a stroke but Van Helsing got Clark in the end).
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Really.

Right now the show is so maudlin and down and just comes in happy-go-lucky with some energy. Arrow and The Flash are polar opposites in terms of mood.

Geez he's 35. I am guessing virgin blood.
  • Options
    People need to calm down it's only the 2nd episode of the season and coming off a giant cliffhanger from the Season premiere.

I think this episode did a really good job of setting up all of the character arcs this season. Ollie is going to be consumed with finding Sarah's killer and finding Thea.

And this wanting for him to have life outside of being Green Arrow and being able to have a relationship is the thing that separates him from Batman. Because for Batman no matter what's going on the mission to him isn't everything it's the only thing.

And Laurel there clearly setting up her arc in becoming the Canary and with Wildcat casted it's only a matter of time before we see him. But I really do hope she at least gets her sonic scream. I really don't think that would be that hard to pull off on a TV Series.

And I really thought Thea was the one who killed Sarah but with her and Malcolm not even in the country it can't be any of them. So at this point I have no idea who it could be?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I have to agree with people that I don't understand why nobody told the dad about Sarah. I also thought it could have been Thea who killed Sarah but I guess it's not. My theory is that it's probably someone from the League. Or maybe it's Ra's himself. I like Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer and I like his plan for the city. Laurel as Black Canary does not appeal to me as I think she's the weakest part of the show. I do like the idea of her being trained by Ted Grant. I kind of wish he was a bit older but that's just a small gripe. I'm really liking Roy this season.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Episode 3 was pretty good my favorite so far. Inserting Malcolm is always a good thing for this Series because even though Deathstroke was awesome Malcolm is the best Arrow villain.

Thea certainly came a long in just 5 months lol I guess she's just a natural. And I do hope she realizes yes Ollie lied to her but she's trusting a guy that killed thousands of people. And I wonder if Ra's will be upset that Malcolm taught someone who isn't part of the League?

Laurel arc is getting interesting I like she had 0 success on her first try and I like that she tried to get Ollie to train before going to Ted and it's a realistic reason why Ollie would decline to teach her. My biggest complaint is Ted isn't a old guy now that he's young you just know him Laurel will romantic feelings which is lame.

I liked that Felicity at the end set up her guest role for the next Flash episode it reminded me of old school comics. And didn't understand the significance with Roy Palmer at the end there with all those blueprints?
  • Options
    My wife's Aunt Ruth is a breast cancer survivor who recently discovered she has a brain tumor. We sent her this image

...and she loved the hell out of it.
  • Options
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Latest ep was pretty damn silly. So disappointed to see the sister back. Was really enjoying that character and actress absence.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

Latest ep was pretty damn silly. So disappointed to see the sister back. Was really enjoying that character and actress absence.

No kidding. Okay so they can't take their weapons in the plane. Ok. Ollie can't just go buy a bow when he arrives he has to Make a homemade bow from a bed frame and some Venetian blinds? Every mom in America just walked into their kids bedroom to see the curtains pulled off the walls and the mattress tossed to the side. Kids be like,"I saw it on arrow!". Then Roy (who's never seen this bow before goes into battle with an untested weapon. They Know the mercenary has information about Diggle's family and instead of just capping the guy and resolving the problem you wait until said mercenary sells the info to another bunch of idiots so we have to run around like the frakkin A-team. This episode had plot holes you could drive a Mack truck through.
  • Options
    That was a decent episode. The reveal of Sara's killer being Roy makes sense. She recognized the person and was not in a defensive stance. Need to explain why he had a weird voice. Possession. Really enjoying Brandon Routh on the show.

And Ollie and Speedy are going to be roomies? They both think this is a good idea with the secrets they are hiding?
  • Options
    So I just started watching this series on Netflix. I just finished the second Huntress Episode. I enjoyed this introduction, but please tell me that Oliver will evolve a little more, because right now its feels pretty monotonous.