Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Dark Knight Rises Discussion *Spoilers*

123457»

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited September 2012
    @Matt

That time jump/chase from Wall Street had to either be a chunk that got cut, or Nolan was purposefully, perhaps in an arty way (Brecht comes to mind) trying to play with time and expectations by having it suddenly be night. Because that Wall Street scene starts with the opening bell, so that's 9:30 in the morning. Even in the fall darkness shouldn't come that fast. So that was either a production problem (maybe the location they wanted for the chase they could only get late at night? I believe you can get more access that roads that need to be closed for a shoot in a city if you are working after the business day) that they decided they would go ahead and eat in the final edit, or else something artistic was going on. Because if he was being literal and realistic it just doesn't make any sense unless the chase went on for hours and hours before Batman got involved.

Whatever the choice was supposed to be, I find it a very strange jump in the film. (Though only a minor thing. It was still a fun chase.)
  • Options
    after reading this Thread i basically agree with everything Matt has said and I also agree on the nitpicking thing. Don't take this as snark but if your argument has to do with too many comic stories they folded together in a certain way because you read them all doesn't really hold because this film needs to be judged on what it is and not it's influences. I can't seriously knock Star Wars because it's blatant use of Flash Gordon, The Searchers, Etc.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    rumors of a director's cut

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

rumors of a director's cut

I'm in if this is true. I heard about the missing origins of Bane (hints about why there is a long scar down his spine), but other than that I have not heard much about any missing scenes. In fact, the novel basically follows true to the film.

M
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    After my recent 4th viewing (and still really enjoying the movie), I noticed there's a city not too far from the pit prison Bruce escapes from (its even got a seaport.) Also, the last timeframe established before Bruce escapes, was 23 days until detonation. There's no indication Bruce only escaped the day before he returned to Gotham.

Also, I came to realize how much immortality fits into this trilogy. Ra's "taught" that to Bruce in BB, than again in TDKR. It makes more sense Blake becomes Batman because "there's more than 1 way to get immortality."

M