Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Welcome to the new forums!

Comments

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Ok now it seems to auto mark read in some way. I never seem to have more than 2-3 unread even though there were definitely more posts between visits.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    dubbat138 said:

Trev said:

I used to have an option at the top that allowed me to mark everything read and now it is gone. Was there some kind of change? Anybody else notice this?

I noticed it. Made a thread about it. I loved that feature. Maybe Deemer will be able to add it back.

It's back.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    WetRats said:

dubbat138 said:

Trev said:

I used to have an option at the top that allowed me to mark everything read and now it is gone. Was there some kind of change? Anybody else notice this?

I noticed it. Made a thread about it. I loved that feature. Maybe Deemer will be able to add it back.

It's back.
    Kind of. See my post above. For example this thread was marked read when I pulled up the site but I had never seen your post.
  • Options
    Trev said:

WetRats said:

dubbat138 said:

Trev said:

It's back.
    Kind of. See my post above. For example this thread was marked read when I pulled up the site but I had never seen your post.
    OK.

It's back.

And it's mad.
  • Options
    i love this show, I got to meet Jamie at The Great Allentown Con and it will be awesome to meet all of you guys at the Hershey Comic Con. I have table there, it's going to be fun.
  • Options
    finally got over to the new boards....was on the old ones a lot and finally was in front of a computer while listening to an episode so I got over here, and registered. hi everyone!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

finally got over to the new boards....was on the old ones a lot and finally was in front of a computer while listening to an episode so I got over here, and registered. hi everyone!

Welcome back brah. Good to see you again.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    So great to see you back Hugh!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Oooooooo, lookit all them shiny badges and colorful doohickies.
    A better take on, but not as passive-aggressive as "karma" I suppose.
    You should be able to print 'em out and wear 'em on a sash at CGS functions.
    That's what I'm gonna do.

YAY Marty is back . How have you been doing brah?
  • Options
    Marty_DevineMarty_Devine Posts: 57
    edited October 2012
    dubbat138 said:

Oooooooo, lookit all them shiny badges and colorful doohickies.
    A better take on, but not as passive-aggressive as "karma" I suppose.
    You should be able to print 'em out and wear 'em on a sash at CGS functions.
    That's what I'm gonna do.

YAY Marty is back . How have you been doing brah?
    Lots of bumps in my personal highway the last year.
    Without going too much into detail, it's been a trying time the last 12-16 months.
    Where else to make lemons into lemonade than here, right?

• Options
    I wish I could monkey around with some of the settings here on the new forum.
    Some of that text is kinda small for us seasoned citizens.
    The fact that a lot of it is also very light gray doesn't help much.
    Bryan, is it possible to add some customization to these Vanilla Forums?
  • Options
    Oh, nice! Sorry that I haven't been here to post earlier! The boards still have that new board smell! Whoo hoo!
  • Options
    Not too shabby...
  • Options
    PrilloPrillo Posts: 23
    Working the forums from a razor HD isn't too hard. Not bad, I have seen some very phone unfriendly forums before.
  • Options
    The achievements are a cool idea. Gamification of forums!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Let me say the last 2 weeks have showed me this is the best comic book forum on the internet. Its easy to say I'm bias since its origins stem from a podcast I participated on, but its true.

I have been frequenting a website for some decent current information. I found myself reading posts and had to jump in to make some corrections:

Stuff like saying "Captain America is just a ripoff of Bane. They're both super-soldiers." Or "Hulk cannot beat Bane." Aren't just completely inaccurate, but just ridiculous. That wouldn't fly around here.

Saying that Marvel just copies everything DC wouldn't fly around here.

The same people who shredded everything Man of Steel 2 thus far NOW saying it'll bury Cap 3 in 2016, and would not fly here.

Making unfounded exclamations with no reasoning wouldn't fly here.

Hell, voicing an objective opinion about Marvel gets you labeled 'boring' & a 'Marvel fanboy.'

I would say this forum is like dealing with adults. We don't always see eye to eye, but more times then not we can have solid conversations. You know, ones that don't end with "you're boring," "great story, bro," or personal insults.

M
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    You're crazy.

No, wait... you're not, really.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Great story bro.
    :)

Sounds like college sports all over again... DC vs Marvel...
  • Options
    ping33ping33 Posts: 2
    Guess they're the old forums now... they're still new to me. Glad to see so many familiar old faces in these parts, sorry that it took bad news to bring me back.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Question ...what are the points that are listed on our profile page? I have 181.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    popestu said:

Question ...what are the points that are listed on our profile page? I have 181.

It is part of the Vanilla Forums platform that this forum uses. Points are rewarded from reactions that your posts get from other users, as well as the badges that accrue. Vanilla explains their system here: Introducing Vanilla Reactions and Badges

• Options
    David_D said:

popestu said:

It is part of the Vanilla Forums platform that this forum uses. Points are rewarded from reactions that your posts get from other users, as well as the badges that accrue. Vanilla explains their system here: Introducing Vanilla Reactions and Badges

Thank you @David_D
  • Options
    popestu said:

David_D said:

popestu said:

Thank you @David_D
    So, I can't buy anything with them or trade them in for stuff? No flights to Spain?
  • Options
    popestu said:

popestu said:

David_D said:

popestu said:

Thank you @David_D
    So, I can't buy anything with them or trade them in for stuff? No flights to Spain?
    I wish...
  • Options
    Just to give a heads up-- @brydeemer is aware that the forum is experiencing some buggy performance, and is in touch with Vanilla Forums about it. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I think forum performance is finally back to normal as of today. Has that been your user experience?

I know that Vanilla launched a new version in the past week, and I am guessing that is what may have made things buggy on their side as host. But hopefully things will now be back to normal without all the need to refresh or resubmit a post.

EDIT-- Hmm... might have spoken too soon. Been getting some timeouts again.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I'm getting time outs. I'll reload the page a couple of times before something finally shows up.

Not mad, just an annoyance. Technology happens.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    fredzilla said:

I'm getting time outs. I'll reload the page a couple of times before something finally shows up.

Not mad, just an annoyance. Technology happens.

Yeah, I'm getting those too. To be honest, I was thinking it was a problem on my end until I saw these posts.