Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    edited February 2014
    I had to do some googling. I just want you to know all of you raising your hands are old, and to bring it back to me Fran Tarkington was Damn Good Dawg.
  • mwhitt80 said:

I had to do some googling. I just want you to know all of you raising your hands are old, and to bring it back to me Fran Tarkington was Damn Good Dawg.

To be fair (to me at least), I was only a kid when that show aired, you impertinent whippersnapper.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited February 2014

WetRats said:

rebis said:

Even Fran Tarkington, John Davidson, and Cathy Lee Crosby are thinking WTF.

Only about four of us are gonna get that.
    (raises hand)
    Ditto (got to be an extra on a segment when I was +/-11!)

Whoops! Old age set in... wasn't THAT show. The extra thing was Real People.
    edited February 2014
    I was toddling around learning how to be a good neighbor from Mr. Rogers, that cookies are an acceptable food for all blue monsters, and it is not easy when you are green, while you guys were oogling Fran Tarkington's cohost.

edit: I was also learning Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler ever, Horseman 4 Life
    mwhitt80 said:

I was toddling around learning how to be a good neighbor from Mr. Rogers, that cookies are an acceptable food for all blue monsters, and it is not easy when you are green, while you guys were oogling Fran Tarkington's cohost.

edit: I was also learning Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler ever, Horseman 4 Life

Uhm... GET OFF OF OUR LAWNS!!!!

???

:D
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

... while you guys were oogling Fran Tarkington's cohost...

Well, to be fair, John Davidson did have a magnificent head of hair and...

Oh you mean Cathy...yes...ahem...Tarkenton was a heckuva football player, wasn't he? *cough* *cough*

He won a national championship with my beloved university and I'm a terrible speller. I zoned out of the letters part of PBS ok.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited February 2014
    Since we're apparently all adults here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II16JZaEwOU

ENN ESS EFF DOUBLEYEW
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:

Since we're apparently all adults here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II16JZaEwOU

ENN ESS EFF DOUBLEYEW

Adult. Not thirteen and hopped up on the hormones. (I must be the only one that doesn't find these funny. Sorry, carry on...) :)
    fredzilla said:

Adult. Not thirteen and hopped up on the hormones. (I must be the only one that doesn't find these funny. Sorry, carry on...) :)

Just thought it was a funny segue.
  • WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

Counting me it's six.

• LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    hauberk said:

WetRats said:

rebis said:

(raises hand)

Well, they were practically the same show, the biggest difference being That's Incredible! had like 25 fewer hosts than Real People.

hauberk said:

WetRats said:

rebis said:

(raises hand)

Well, they were practically the same show, the biggest difference being That's Incredible! had like 25 fewer hosts than Real People.
    Could be. My recollection was that Real People was more human interest. The segment I was in was a feature on a college professor that lost a leg to a German half track during WWII and want on to be a really amazing soccer player and coach.

That's Incredible was more Monty Pythons 'And Now For Something Completely Different' ... A Man That Catches Arrows With ... His Teeth (Eyelashes/Buttocks/etc)!
  • WetRats said:

rebis said:

I... I get this reference...

:(

I. Am. Old.
  • hauberk said:

hauberk said:

WetRats said:

rebis said:

(raises hand)

Could be. My recollection was that Real People was more human interest. The segment I was in was a feature on a college professor that lost a leg to a German half track during WWII and want on to be a really amazing soccer player and coach.

That's Incredible was more Monty Pythons 'And Now For Something Completely Different' ... A Man That Catches Arrows With ... His Teeth (Eyelashes/Buttocks/etc)!
    The only segment I remember from Real People was the one on the lady who ate dirt.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited February 2014
    All I remember about Real People was a guy named Skip Stevenson, a girl named Sarah Purcell (sp?) and Peter Billingsley (Ralphie from A Christmas Story) were hosts/emcees.

hauberk said:

hauberk said:

WetRats said:

rebis said:

(raises hand)

The only segment I remember from Real People was the one on the lady who ate dirt.
    To me, That's Incredible!

see what I did there?
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318

WetRats said:

rebis said:

(raises hand)
    *sheepishly follows suit*
  • kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Torchsong said:

All I remember about Real People was a guy named Skip Stevenson, a girl named Sarah Purcell (sp?) and Peter Billingsley (Ralphie from A Christmas Story) were hosts/emcees.

I remember this episode about a guy who had cancer, who built this boat out of reeds, and circumnavigated the world. By the time they presented the episode, the man had died. I remember Sarah Purcell choking up at the end of the episode.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Man. . . it sounds like reality TV was really weird in the '50s.

;)
    David_D said:

;)

X_X
    David_D said:

;)

Hahahaha coldblooded.

edited February 2014
    David_D said:

;)

My lawn is currently buried under several tons of snow, but get off it anyway.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    David_D said:

;)

The worst part of TV back then was when the small mammoth we used as a vacuum cleaner would accidentally suck up the small bird who lived in our remote control and would fly out to change the channel.

David_D said:

;)

The worst part of TV back then was when the small mammoth we used as a vacuum cleaner would accidentally suck up the small bird who lived in our remote control and would fly out to change the channel.
    "It's a living."
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

;)

"It's a living."
    I got that one!
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2014
    Robocop (the most recent one) is a surprisingly good movie. I highly recommend it.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I was just thinking, I would totally watch a B.P.R.D. television series.