Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    WetRats said:

All right then, what's unsuitable? (He asked curiously, not combatively.)

WW is a lot mature for a nine year old. The opening story of WW deals with why amazons hate men. I'm with Greg I wouldn't want my little girl reading it until she was older.
    I love the BA run; it's been the best New52 series from issue 1, but it's not for young kids.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    mwhitt80 said:

WetRats said:

WW is a lot mature for a nine year old. The opening story of WW deals with why amazons hate men. I'm with Greg I wouldn't want my little girl reading it until she was older.
    I love the BA run; it's been the best New52 series from issue 1, but it's not for young kids.
    That and in general, some of the characters, and imagery with Cliff's style of art would not have settled well with her. I would like to go through my books so that I can give you some specific examples, but I can't do that from work. Also , I think it was Brian who said something to the effect that this take on Wonder Woman was a bit of a horror book, as a parent that further told me that if the writer is saying that, then maybe this new Wonder Woman is not for my girl.

As for Dave Finch, I liked his stuff from Top Cow, I was out of comics during his run with Marvel. It's just gives me a sad to see the team-up of Brian and Cliff come to an end on WW.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Torchsong said:

I'm giving it a day in court. I'm subscribed anyhow, so we'll see how it goes.

What are the issues people seem to have with Finch? (like WR said, curious, not combative).

It's nothing against Finch, but rather the integration into the nDCU.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

What are the issues people seem to have with Finch? (like WR said, curious, not combative).

I think he’s a good enough artist as far as technical skill goes, but he over-renders for my tastes. Too much fussy detail muddying up the page. Most people seem to love his stuff though.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I don't like his style. Too sketch-like, his faces are always mushy, and all said mushy faces look the same. But that's not to say he hasn't changed. The last book I picked up of his was either his New 52 Batman book or Marvel's Ultimatum mini.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

WetRats said:

It is a crime and a travesty that DC's books are not suitable for kids, and designed to be so. When we all die out, so will their comics.

The fact that they consider Scooby Doo to be their "gateway" comic for kids is about the stupidest thing ever.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

WetRats said:

And why do you expect that to change with Finch and an integration into the DCU, in which she's sleeping with Superman and championing the need to kill villains?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

And why do you expect that to change with Finch and an integration into the DCU, in which she's sleeping with Superman and championing the need to kill villains?

I can't wait to jump off the WW trades with Brian A. I would have happily bought and read BA's WW as long as DC wanted to publish it (because it's great) but DC wants to give me an excuse to free up cash.
  • Options
    DC gave me that excuse months ago... I only get about three of the New52 titles anymore.
  • Options
    How come every time your basement floods the water goes for the comic box first?!?
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

How come every time your basement floods the water goes for the comic box first?!?

because God hates you?
  • Options
    random73 said:

because God hates you?
    God wants his own collection to get more valuable.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

random73 said:

because God hates you?
    too true. He is something of a scoundrel.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

random73 said:

because God hates you?
    Well then he missed the mark with my stuff. Though who knows, I heard that Death of Superman comic I had was pretty was pretty rare.
  • Options

WetRats said:

random73 said:

because God hates you?
    Well then he missed the mark with my stuff. Though who knows, I heard that Death of Superman comic I had was pretty was pretty rare.
    keep that shit in the bag, man!
  • Options
    random73 said:

Superman gets beaten to death by Doomsday and saves the city. In case you were wondering what happened in the comic ;)
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

random73 said:

Superman gets beaten to death by Doomsday and saves the city. In case you were wondering what happened in the comic ;)
    Spoiler Alert!
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Azzarello and Chiang were definitely a huge factor in me picking up Wonder Woman monthly.

Normally, I'm a story first and an art second reader. I mean, I can put up with a lot of less than amazing art if the story is amazing.

With Azzarello and Chiang, I never had to do that, because the art was close to perfect for the story. As a matter of fact, there was a fill-in issue NOT drawn by Chiang early on that made me think, "If Chiang ever leaves this title, I'm gone."

That was unusual.

I have nothing against Finch, and may keep picking up the book, depending on the writer. There are rumors, but I don't know that anything has been comfirmed. For now, I'm in wait-and-see mode.
  • Options

Spoiler Alert!

*awkward silence ensues*

• Options

I have nothing against Finch, and may keep picking up the book, depending on the writer. There are rumors, but I don't know that anything has been comfirmed. For now, I'm in wait-and-see mode.

Apparently, his wife will be writing.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    I was really debating whether or not this was worthy of it's own thread, but I relented. I've now made it to 1,000 posts here on this forum. *whew* I just hope one day I could be up there with the big dogs!
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I was really debating whether or not this was worthy of it's own thread, but I relented. I've now made it to 1,000 posts here on this forum. *whew* I just hope one day I could be up there with the big dogs!

Time for you to make 2 top ten lists in honor of your milestone. Top ten #1s & top ten #100s. Interptt those lists as you see fiit
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited March 2014
    This one was *almost* worthy of it's own thread:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/08/rapper-biz-markie-to-make-cameo-on-sharknado-2/

"Rapper Biz Markie to make cameo on ‘Sharknado 2’"
    ‘Sharknado 2: The Second One,” the sequel to last summer’s social-media smash, will air July 31 on Syfy.

Rapper Biz Markie and Pepa, from Salt-N-Pepa, are among those who will have cameos in the movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Comedian Robert Klein and pro wrestler Kurt Angle have also joined the cast as the ex-mayor of New York and the city’s fire chief, respectively, according to the report.

Like “Sharknado,” the plot of “The Second One” revolves around a freak weather system that spawns a tornado of sharks, this time wreaking havoc on New York City.Last summer’s movie was a huge hit on Twitter.

Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, who starred in “Sharknado,” are reprising their roles in the sequel.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

This one was *almost* worthy of it's own thread:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/08/rapper-biz-markie-to-make-cameo-on-sharknado-2/

"Rapper Biz Markie to make cameo on ‘Sharknado 2’"

‘Sharknado 2: The Second One,” the sequel to last summer’s social-media smash, will air July 31 on Syfy.

Rapper Biz Markie and Pepa, from Salt-N-Pepa, are among those who will have cameos in the movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Comedian Robert Klein and pro wrestler Kurt Angle have also joined the cast as the ex-mayor of New York and the city’s fire chief, respectively, according to the report.

Like “Sharknado,” the plot of “The Second One” revolves around a freak weather system that spawns a tornado of sharks, this time wreaking havoc on New York City.Last summer’s movie was a huge hit on Twitter.

Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, who starred in “Sharknado,” are reprising their roles in the sequel.
    It will only be thread-worthy if Biz writes the theme song.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Excelsior!
  • Options
    Finally started watching Hamlet, I mean The Charlie Hunnam's Ass Show, I mean Sons of Anarchy.

Why didn't anyone tell me that half the cast of Deadwood was on the show?
  • Options
    I don't know why it bugs me, but it does. When you say, "one more time!" then it should be one more $&#@)* time! I mean, I thought maybe it was one more time through the rhythm phrase, but nope. He did the beat of the day FOUR MORE TIMES! X(

Anyway, that was fun. I enjoy me some Biz.