Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    For everyone who doesn't know who Rhonda Rousey is or what she looks like.... To me... there really aint that much a difference. S

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Planeis said:

For everyone who doesn't know who Rhonda Rousey is or what she looks like.... To me... there really aint that much a difference. S

no clue who this is but aint she the spitting image of the hunger games/mystique actress? anyway, this lady has more the right upper body for WW imo (boobs not included). Gal is just too obviously Hollywood. But shes my least concern of the movie and im sure shell be good enough for my needs at least anyway. WW is a near impossible standard to find in the real world composed of way too many subjective attributes. As long as theyre pointed generally the right direction they miss the mark by too much and people will be satisfied.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    wonder woman needs muscle
    i doubt gal gadot can beat robin in an arm wrestling match
    plus does anyone really think she will be able to act? her acting seemed pretty weak in Fast n Furios
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited July 2014
    bamfbamf said:

wonder woman needs muscle
    i doubt gal gadot can beat robin in an arm wrestling match
    plus does anyone really think she will be able to act? her acting seemed pretty weak in Fast n Furios

Muscle or ripped? Gadot looks to have muscle, but not ripped like Cavill & Affleck. A young Catherine Zeta-Jones (circa The Phantom & Zorro) always looked like she could take on the Diana role as is. She wasn't ripped either.

Was it weak or minimal? I am as concerned with her being able to act the role as most are. I'm not going to use her F&F performance as a solid example of her acting ability because she really do much in those movies. Too small a sample size.

M
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I think she looks great. I don't care what anyone else says... there's nothing that will keep me from seeing this movie opening weekend. I've always been a DC guy... Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and more in the same movie? Oh, yeah!
  • Options
    of course i'll still see the movie

just might have a been a good opportunity to advance the image of women in movies and comic books
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bamfbamf said:

just might have a been a good opportunity to advance the image of women in movies and comic books

Like Ripley, Sarah Connor, Leia, Buffy, & Lucy, to name a few? I'd say they are advancing (well, actually I would say "continuing") the image of women & comic books.

M
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    bamfbamf said:

I agree that playing WW in DoJ is an opportunity to advance the image of women. I disagree with the notion that a woman has to be "buff" for that image to advance.
    A woman can be strong and feminine.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Moving away from the awkwardness of most of the last few pages, what if the teaser that was shown at SDCC is a look into future movies, not exactly the content of BvS? By that I mean, Marvel has all those end credit scenes, what if DC did something similar but took a page from their comics where they would show "One Year From Now" panels at the end of first issues? I think at the end of JSA and Booster Gold they did that. So the scene is an actual scene from Dark Knight Returns but only because it's showing us what could be in the future? That would rock. A clip of that, a clip of the Justice League movie, a clip of the WW movie. Doesn't even have to be a direct clip - could just be suggestions of what might happen. All to say, I hope they do something different since I wonder if we'll even really see that scene in the movie. 50/50!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited July 2014
    RepoMan said:

Moving away from the awkwardness of most of the last few pages, what if the teaser that was shown at SDCC is a look into future movies, not exactly the content of BvS? By that I mean, Marvel has all those end credit scenes, what if DC did something similar but took a page from their comics where they would show "One Year From Now" panels at the end of first issues? I think at the end of JSA and Booster Gold they did that. So the scene is an actual scene from Dark Knight Returns but only because it's showing us what could be in the future? That would rock. A clip of that, a clip of the Justice League movie, a clip of the WW movie. Doesn't even have to be a direct clip - could just be suggestions of what might happen. All to say, I hope they do something different since I wonder if we'll even really see that scene in the movie. 50/50!

That could be. Especially as I think they have already announced that Snyder is directing Justice League (right? Or did I make that up?) It could be that BvS could give some flash forwards to preview what we will see in Justice League, since he (and maybe even the same DP) will be making that one, too.
  • Options
    I've yet to be convinced this is actual movie footage & not just teaser footage like Raimi did for Spider-man.

M
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    RepoMan said:

I wouldn't do an after credits scene. I would do it like they did Iron Man I with him declaring he's Iron man. Let the last scene you see in the actual move be the flash forward to the full on Justice League.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

rebis said:

bamfbamf said:

I agree that playing WW in DoJ is an opportunity to advance the image of women. I disagree with the notion that a woman has to be "buff" for that image to advance.
    Ha! I forgot about the "dawn of justice" subtitle. Now every time I see it I'm going to think "Batman v. Superman: Department of Justice"
    "Miscarriage of Justice"?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

bamfbamf said:

Ha! I forgot about the "dawn of justice" subtitle. Now every time I see it I'm going to think "Batman v. Superman: Department of Justice"
    "Miscarriage of Justice"?
    More like Dick Wolf's Department of Justice: Batman v. Superman

With a special appearance by Det. John Munch.
  • Options
    y does batfleck look so stiff?
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

Because he's in a Zach Snyder film.
  • Options
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1890232/joss-whedon-batman-superman/

“I think that both studios have kind of different agendas, different ways of approaching the superhero genre, and the ethos of the thing, and the aesthetic,” Whedon said during an interview with Nerd HQ at Comic-Con (via ComicBookMovie.com). “They go very dark and serious and sometimes it works amazingly, and Marvel tends to be a little lighter.”

“I would not want them to do what Marvel does,” he continued. “I like what they do when they get it right. When you get a Heath Ledger [performance], and ‘Batman Begins,’ and those things that really grip you. That’s something nobody else is doing, and I like it. I want them to do what they’re doing.”
  • Options
    Bleeding Cool just posted this about 10 just announced release dates for DC movies. All untitled except for the known BvS:DoJ, also it has a new date. We've also known though about a Justice League movie. I wonder which date that is.
  • Options
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Awesome! We get Batman v Superman two months earlier and both movies are free and in the clear to perform on their own. That's a smart business decision. Looks like both companies are staking out dates with a To Be Determined movie to be added later. I'll be surprised if they stick to the dates - I expect more shuffling around for both.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I like the move. Plus the first Hunger Games film opened in March as did Alice in Wonderland and both of those films were big hits
  • Options
    March is the new April, which was the new first week of May only 5 years ago, which was Memorial Day just 10 years before that. I can't wait for the summer movie season to start in February.
  • Options

March is the new April, which was the new first week of May only 5 years ago, which was Memorial Day just 10 years before that. I can't wait for the summer movie season to start in February.

The LEGO Movie was a February release.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    bamfbamf said:

Tight waistcoat?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

bamfbamf said:

Because he's in a Zach Snyder film.
    When you have to pretend to have huge lats, you have to be stiff.
  • Options

DC blinks.

There were literally thousands of comments much like this over on the reddit machine. The truth is, they were never going to be released on the same day and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cap 3 ends up moving too. Keep in mind, as far as we know, and I feel like we would, Cap 3 hasn't started filming yet, even though its less than two years away and its coming out only one year after Avengers 2. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up getting delayed.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I have a theory: They are filming Batman v Superman and the Justice League movie at the same time. Like they did for LOTR.