Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    jaydee74 said:

I could see him sacrificing himself for the good of the team. No. He can never come back to the team and I hope they don't bring him back because it would never jive with me that anyone could forgive him. Especially Fitz and Simmons.

oh! like some sort of noble redeeming sacrifice. some "Darth Vader-save-my-son-and-chuck-the-Emperor-over-the-ledge" moment? nah. I'd still rather see Ward go down spitting curses.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    random73 said:

jaydee74 said:

I could see him sacrificing himself for the good of the team. No. He can never come back to the team and I hope they don't bring him back because it would never jive with me that anyone could forgive him. Especially Fitz and Simmons.

oh! like some sort of noble redeeming sacrifice. some "Darth Vader-save-my-son-and-chuck-the-Emperor-over-the-ledge" moment?
    #Spoilers

• jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Hmm. I could see him going down spitting curses while saving Skye. I could see that being a thing.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Ward won't be redeemed, but if he were to die, it would certainly be by doing something he deems "noble".

Ward won't be redeemed, but if he were to die, it would certainly be by doing something he deems "noble".

That's the only way I could see it going down as well.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    Molecular Nitromene? I'm drawing a blank.
    Anyone?
    I don't know. All I cans say is January can't come fast enough.
  • Hex said:

Anyone?

Perhaps it's an organic chemical that can change an ordinary man... into an Exploding Man??

BTW, spot-on portrayal of Jarvis in this clip. With him as a supporting character, "Agent Carter" can't help but be entertaining! I'm happy that relative newcomers to Marvel and its lore will finally learn that the name "Jarvis" belongs to a person, and not just a smart-alecky A.I. program.
  • Yeah... this show has me excited... Jarvis!
    edited November 2014

Hex said:

Anyone?

BTW, spot-on portrayal of Jarvis in this clip. With him as a supporting character, "Agent Carter" can't help but be entertaining! I'm happy that relative newcomers to Marvel and its lore will finally learn that the name "Jarvis" belongs to a person, and not just a smart-alecky A.I. program.
    Always been a big fan of Edwin Jarvis. Having "real" Jarvis as a supporting character on "Agent Carter" is a huge bonus.

Can't wait to see how (if?) the crossovers work between Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. Agents of SHIELD got off to a great start with the season opener Howling Commandos' flashback. More of that please!

Also... fingers crossed for more Golden Age Marvel characters; The Phantom Reporter, Blonde Phantom, The original Angel, or even some Atlas Characters (Gorilla Man!). Blazing Skull would be a hoot.
  • Attilan. Yes or no? I say yes.
  • RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Definitely yes. The image on the bottom of one of the artist's paintings was "A magical place". Not to mention the 3D model of the writings seemed very Kirby-ish. Closest thing yet to push the Inhumans among us angle. And speaks to Skye's dad being an Inhuman - that's why Skye wasn't affected by the alien blood: because her blood is already of that same genetic make-up! Someone said her father should be Maximus the Mad - that would be amazing. HAHA.
    Attilan. gotta be.
    Although the recently announced Inhumans movie feels a long way off to be working the Inhumans into Agents of SHIELD now.

There are only a few other hidden cities that I can think of; K'un-Lun (Iron Fist), Necropolis in Wakanda (Black Panther), Olympia (Eternals), the hidden underground city in Agent of Atlas, or even the underground city from Hickman's SHIELD mini-series. None of them feel as good of a fit with the show as Attilan.
    Question. In the episode called "A Fractured House", Coulson was talking to another agent that he called on two occasions "Agent Walters". Did anyone think that the agent in question might had been Jennifer Walters? At least until she was killed? That would have been pretty cool.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    In the recent episode “The Writing on the Wall,” there's possibly a Marvel Comics reference that might be an Easter egg, or something more.

Remember when Skye received some info from someone she referred to as “Micro?” While there are no characters named Micro in in comics, there is a character named "Microchip" in the Marvel U, and Marvel is too good at this stuff by now for that to have been an accident.

David “Microchip” Lieberman was once an ally of The Punisher, before going villain in recent years. He supplied Frank Castle with weapons and technology, as well as friendship. Marvel recently announced they had retained the film rights to The Punisher and I think after failing at big screen success with him, they might go the small screen route of either AoS or possibly Netflix.

Of course, "Micro" it could have just been a techy enough word to use for a generic hacker handle.

I'm just speculatin' again!

In the recent episode “The Writing on the Wall,” there's possibly a Marvel Comics reference that might be an Easter egg, or something more.

Remember when Skye received some info from someone she referred to as “Micro?” While there are no characters named Micro in in comics, there is a character named "Microchip" in the Marvel U, and Marvel is too good at this stuff by now for that to have been an accident.

David “Microchip” Lieberman was once an ally of The Punisher, before going villain in recent years. He supplied Frank Castle with weapons and technology, as well as friendship. Marvel recently announced they had retained the film rights to The Punisher and I think after failing at big screen success with him, they might go the small screen route of either AoS or possibly Netflix.

Of course, "Micro" it could have just been a techy enough word to use for a generic hacker handle.

I'm just speculatin' again!

In my mind, there was absolutely no question that "Micro" was a reference to the Punisher's little nerd pal.

Unless it was MicroMax!
    Which, as awesome as that would be, feels highly unlikely.

I'm loving this season!
    Attention Netflx subscribers: if you missed some (or all) of the episodes from season one and haven’t picked up the box set yet, then you can binge watch the first season starting this weekend, November 20.

This season is really good. I'm liking where everything is going and I'm curious to see how it ties into future movies. I like this a lot.
    This season is amazing.

I am going to explode when they finally say 'Attilan".
    I'm a bit intrigued as to what they are going to do with Grant. He's a villain straight-up abut he's interesting and I'm curious as to what they wind up doing with him.
    Jeffrey Bell just confirmed with TV Guide that the blue alien found in the Guest House was in fact a Kree. This will become official on December 2nd when the episode Ye Who Enter Here airs.
    “Our people don’t know anything about the Kree or that there’s a planet full of them,” notes Bell. “What they do know is that the strange carvings created by Coulson after he was injected with the Kree serum are actually the map of a city, and they need to find that city before Hydra does. But where is it? Here or on another planet?”
    We’ve already seen other Kree in the Marvel Cinematic U with the villain Ronan the Accuser in Guardians of the Galaxy. Incidentally, this race has ties to the Inhumans.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    CBR has a piece today speculating on how things go when the Inhumans are incorporated into Agents of SHIELD next season.
  • David_D said:

CBR has a piece today speculating on how things go when the Inhumans are incorporated into Agents of SHIELD next season.

Nice to see the words "next season".
    The kept saying "sentry", and I thought we might see some robot action. But I'll accept Mack going crazy.

The kept saying "sentry", and I thought we might see some robot action.

My thoughts exactly. Was really wanting to see a big blue and purple robot.
    The Inhuman connection feels like a foregone conclusion at this point.
    There was an uptick in ratings last night. Yay.