Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I hope it continues to gain momentum and viewers. This season has been excellent.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed last weeks episode. Kree/Inhumans stuff playing out as most of us suspected, but with some nice twists that maintains my interest.

I think the biggest improvement this season is that the show is laying the groundwork for thinks to come in the movies in the future (being proactive) instead of dragging on waiting for The Winter Soldier to come out so they can respond to it (being reactive).

So much better!

Any speculation on what going on between Mac and Bobbi?
  • Options
    I think the podcast guys were completely correct about Kyle MacLachlan's character. Did anyone catch which song he was humming to Skye? It was quite a giveaway.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    This show is freaking amazing this season.

And the guys discussed it? Man, I need to catch up on the podcasts.
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen...Agents of effing Shield.
  • Options
    Back in episode 1513, Comic Book Movie and TV Talk, yes. I believe it was Murd who predicted the identity.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    So glad I didn't give up on this show. Amazing
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2014
    Whirlwind said:

I think the podcast guys were completely correct about Kyle MacLachlan's character. Did anyone catch which song he was humming to Skye? It was quite a giveaway.

Not until now :) And RIP Trip. Knew he was a goner as soon as he went in that chamber. Shame was he didn't need to destroy the crystals. So I guess they will look for other Inhumans and the Inhumans will search for Skye/Daisy? And who will lead Hydra?
  • Options
    I had a feeling about Trip as well. Dammit. I liked his character. I thought it was interesting to see what happened to Skye/Daisy. Did that happen to Raina as well because I couldn't tell. This was a great episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where this show goes for the second half.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Dammit. Trip, you'll be greatly missed.

Now that we have the Skye/Daisy reveal, I'm kind of disappointed. I like what I've seen of the Daisy Johnson in the comics and I just feel that Chloe Bennet can't live up to the character.
  • Options
    Greg said:

Now that we have the Skye/Daisy reveal, I'm kind of disappointed. I like what I've seen of the Daisy Johnson in the comics and I just feel that Chloe Bennet can't live up to the character.

I feel that she'll be a different, but enjoyable take on the character.

I wouldn't have said that in season one. But this season? Bennet has been knocking it out of the park.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946

Greg said:

I feel that she'll be a different, but enjoyable take on the character.

I wouldn't have said that in season one. But this season? Bennet has been knocking it out of the park.
    Hopefully. I'll give Bennet a chance but she still has a lot of growing to do as an actress.
  • Options
    My favorite character, Trip, literally bites the dust!

Great episode.

I've thought Skye's been portrayed much better this year. We've gotten rid of the outsider looking in, which I usually like to have in a show, but this time it really works. And now she'll be an inhuman version of quake. Very interesting.

Murd nailed the identity of daddy. Very good.

Does anyone think Raina is the character shown here now? Man, she looked like Tigra in the glimpse we got of her during the transformation.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2014
    Props to Skye for pumping some lead into Ward. Is Agent 23 going to be Madame Masque?
  • Options
    Yeah. Skye (or Daisy) did what I think a lot of people wanted to see happen. I'm curious as to what will happen with Ward and Agent 23 going forward. What will their purpose be?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Wow... that was a totally satisfying mid-season finale. When Sky and Raina entered the Terrigenesis chamber I was on the edge of my seat. So satisfying to finally see the crystals after months of speculation, and find out "who" Skye really is. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Raina. There is talk of her becoming Tigra, but I don't see it. I think her powers will be more plant based. What little we saw of her transformation, it looked more like thorns than fur to me.

I was impressed that Skye plugged Ward. My wife even commented "wow, that was a lot of bullets". Looking forward to see what sort of trouble Ward and Agent 33 get up to.

Shame about Trip. He was one of my favourite characters on the show. It felt kind of random that he ended up in the chamber with Skye and Raina. Fingers crossed we haven't seen the last of him (but I doubt it, since he turned to dust).
    At least it looks like we'll get Mac back.

I am loving this show.
    Looking forward to Agent Carter!
  • Options
    Agent Carter debuts Tuesday, January 6, 2015.

It will be a 2 hour premiere episode, so remember to adjust your DVRs accordingly.
  • Options

Props to Skye for pumping some lead into Ward. Is Agent 23 going to be Madame Masque?

Madame Masque - I was trying to remember her name. Excellent!
  • Options
    That would be interesting. She's been heavily involved with Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye books. That could be interesting.
  • Options
    One of the emergent strengths of this show is that it is giving us all of the minor villains (and heroes!) that would never make it into the films. To that end, Agent 23 becoming Madame Masque would be a perfect fit.
  • Options
    Apparently Agent Carter's series premiere is two episodes back-to-back for a two-hour premiere. The two episodes are "Now is Not the End" and "Bridge and Tunnel."
    In the episode "Now is Not the End," Peggy is contacted by old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger") when he is framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons and can trust no one else. To help Peggy clear Stark's name, he insists his butler, Edwin Jarvis, be at her beck and call--whether she likes it or not. But the risk is great: If caught, Agent Carter could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison...or worse.

In the episode "Bridge and Tunnel," Howard Stark's deadliest weapon has fallen into enemy hands, and only Agent Carter can recover it. But can she do so before her undercover mission is discovered by SSR Chief Dooley and Agent Thompson?
  • Options
    RIP Trip. I liked him, but felt that he was underused/underdeveloped. His death would've made more impact if he was...

Skye as Daisy? Hope they do some good and fun things with her. It just seemed a bit off how they showed her breaking out of her "cocoon" though... A bit cheesy, I think.

Overall, I've been loving season 2 and i can't wait for it to continue. March is a long wait, but at least Agent Carter will tide us over. And when SHIELD comes back, we'll be THIS CLOSE to Avengers 2, which can only mean things are gonna heat up even more, especially with the (expected) movie tie-in
  • Options
    Here's Peggy trying to keep her spy life a secret from her roommate. Cute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5Kt_c1-7U
  • Options
    It wasn't actually been resolved, but the conspiracy between Bobbi Morse, Mack, and Agent Hartley remains somewhat underdeveloped. If anyone remembers Bobbi and Mack’s discussion of Lance Hunter’s involvement in their little conspiracy, this should tweak comic fandom a bit if they know Hunter's comic book background.

Lance Hunter is British secret agent and head of S.T.R.I.K.E., the British equivalent of S.H.I.E.L.D. In the Civil War crossover event, Lance helped craft a British version of the Superhuman Registration Act. Could that plot be used to tie Agents of SHIELD to Captain America: Civil War down the road?
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    demonbear said:

RIP Trip. I liked him, but felt that he was underused/underdeveloped. His death would've made more impact if he was...

Agreed, it seems that once they retired the Fitz/Simmons/Trip love triangle they lost all use for him. His only noteworthy moment of Season 2 (other than his death) was getting shot.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I'm way behind. But, I'm re-watching the first episode on Netflix and noticed they mentioned an "un-registered gifted"

Is this the first time they mention "registration" in the MCU? Do they every mention it in the show again? Was this possibly an error in the show?
  • Options
    It comes up again. They have a Rolodex of gifted.
  • Options
    Who watched Peggy Carter Agent of SHIELD? I think it's miles ahead of where Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was at the beginning of its tenure and although the dames outshine the gents here, other than Agent Souza, this is of course Peggy's show. And it looks like a smart beginning. I'll stick around.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

Who watched Peggy Carter Agent of SHIELD? I think it's miles ahead of where Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was at the beginning of its tenure and although the dames outshine the gents here, other than Agent Souza, this is of course Peggy's show. And it looks like a smart beginning. I'll stick around.

I haven't watched much of the comic book-related shows this year—nothing's really engaged me—but Agent Carter was by far my favorite of what I've seen. Good writing, solid acting, good soundtrack. It looks like I've finally found a comic-based show I want to watch every week.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Loved Agent Carter. Looking forward to next weeks episode. Hopefully it will do well in the ratings.