Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Ant-Man (Non spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Marvel just finished principle photography a week ago and Marvel has now released an updated synopsis for the Ant-Man movie
    The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man.” Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in
scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Marvel’s “Ant-Man” stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Corey Stoll as Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket, Bobby Cannavale as Paxton, Michael Peña as Luis, Judy Greer as Maggie, Tip “Ti” Harris as Dave, David Dastmalchian as Kurt, Wood Harris as Gale, Jordi Mollà as Castillo
 and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym.
    Anyone know any of the characters in bold (beyond the obvious)?

Ant-Man comes out July 17, 2015
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

Anyone know any of the characters in bold (beyond the obvious)?

Darren Cross in the comics is a 70's Ant Man villain from when Scott Lang was the main Ant Man. He was turned into a red Hulk by his atomic powered pace maker. He is also the cousin of Crossfire, possibly just because they had been given the same surname.
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/Z-pFrplmexo
    The original test footage from SDCC

I expect the official trailer for the movie should arrive within a few days...
  • Options
    New banner art featuring the Yellowjacket
  • Options
    Here's the first look at the new Ant-Man trailer which will debut during ABC's Marvel's Agent Carter on Tuesday, January 6. Marvel released this 17-second teaser Friday in "ant-size." (cue groans)

WARNING: it's decidedly small.

I suppose this what you can get away with when your big-screen track record is nearly undefeated. I assume the trailer's real debut this coming Tuesday will be full-sized.

• Options

Here's the first look at the new Ant-Man trailer which will debut during ABC's Marvel's Agent Carter on Tuesday, January 6. Marvel released this 17-second teaser Friday in "ant-size." (cue groans)

WARNING: it's decidedly small.

I suppose this what you can get away with when your big-screen track record is nearly undefeated. I assume the trailer's real debut this coming Tuesday will be full-sized.

Will the theater version be "Gi-ANT sized" then?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Man, I hate trailers for trailers!
  • Options
    The full size version of the teaser is now online. I'll give a thought I have about it after some time elapses.
  • Options

The full size version of the teaser is now online.

Link?
  • Options
    Teaser for trailer at Bleeding Cool.
  • Options
    So now they're releasing teasers for world premiere of a teaser?

Sheesh

http://youtu.be/ent7BoDR1yE
  • Options
    But is what we'll see on Tuesday a teaser or a trailer?
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Gotta say I'm not very impressed with by this. I had higher hopes... I really like Paul Rudd.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    kgforce said:

Gotta say I'm not very impressed with by this. I had higher hopes... I really like Paul Rudd.

It's just a teaser. I rarely expect much when there's a teaser for a teaser.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    It is definitely more of a low-key, character-POV sort of teaser than they usually do. (And I suppose the Avengers 2 teaser or trailer or whichever that was being so fresh on our minds makes this one seem that much quieter and smaller). But, and I didn't mean this as a pun, but I think Ant-Man is meant to be a smaller, quieter movie. More of a hard luck, "Am I cut out to be a hero?" story than a story about someone who is clearly Avengers material from the jump. In a way, this looks like Marvel is using this to make something more like the a Spider-Man movie in scale and tone, and in that way, different from their prior solo franchises, about characters who are much more confident and larger than life (Iron Man, Thor, Cap).

So this is a teaser that makes for less of a 'Wow! Look at all that!' feeling. But that's okay. That may very well be what they are going for- that this one is a change up from the Avengers sorts of heroes.

Regardless, I'm in. Marvel Studios has not let me down yet.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    It looks good but my biggest problem is that Hank is a 70 year old man. I've never liked Scott Lang and always liked Pym so this is gonna be tough for me. And not mention whatever there going to do with Wasp.

I really feel like they only did this so they could do an interesting story with Yellow Jacket as villain. Which is interesting so maybe that will save it for me
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

It looks good but my biggest problem is that Hank is a 70 year old man. I've never liked Scott Lang and always liked Pym so this is gonna be tough for me. And not mention whatever there going to do with Wasp.

I really feel like they only did this so they could do an interesting story with Yellow Jacket as villain. Which is interesting so maybe that will save it for me

When you say "Wasp", do you mean the identity or Janet? If you're concerned about the identity, I'm sure Pym & Janet's daughter, Hope, will take up the mantle.

M
  • Options
    I do like the notion of Pym not being the current Ant-Man. It'd potentially open the door for a young Pym appear in Agent Carter at some point.

M
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    David_D said:

It is definitely more of a low-key, character-POV sort of teaser than they usually do. (And I suppose the Avengers 2 teaser or trailer or whichever that was being so fresh on our minds makes this one seem that much quieter and smaller). But, and I didn't mean this as a pun, but I think Ant-Man is meant to be a smaller, quieter movie. More of a hard luck, "Am I cut out to be a hero?" story than a story about someone who is clearly Avengers material from the jump. In a way, this looks like Marvel is using this to make something more like the a Spider-Man movie in scale and tone, and in that way, different from their prior solo franchises, about characters who are much more confident and larger than life (Iron Man, Thor, Cap).

So this is a teaser that makes for less of a 'Wow! Look at all that!' feeling. But that's okay. That may very well be what they are going for- that this one is a change up from the Avengers sorts of heroes.

Regardless, I'm in. Marvel Studios has not let me down yet.

I agree . . . I was pleasantly surprised by the teaser. I'm optimistic about this one.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

I do like the notion of Pym not being the current Ant-Man. It'd potentially open the door for a young Pym appear in Agent Carter at some point.

M

For Pym to have been a contemporary of Stark & Carter would mean that Douglas' Pym is 90ish. Perhaps closing in on 100. However, that doesn't mean that Pym couldn't have been some kind of Mozart level wunderkind. Kind of a 1940's Amadeus Cho.

damn, i like that idea.
  • Options
    rebis said:

Matt said:

M

For Pym to have been a contemporary of Stark & Carter would mean that Douglas' Pym is 90ish. Perhaps closing in on 100. However, that doesn't mean that Pym couldn't have been some kind of Mozart level wunderkind. Kind of a 1940's Amadeus Cho.

damn, i like that idea.
    Supposedly, a post-credit scene in AoU has Peggy & Stark approaching a young Pym to join SHIELD.

If not, any chance Agent Carter could "time jump"? Season 1 following the war, season 2 in the 50s, etc?

M
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2015
    Matt said:

rebis said:

Matt said:

M

damn, i like that idea.
    Supposedly, a post-credit scene in AoU has Peggy & Stark approaching a young Pym to join SHIELD.

If not, any chance Agent Carter could "time jump"? Season 1 following the war, season 2 in the 50s, etc?

M
    Perhaps there could be a division of SHIELD called ATLAS.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    He's on a flying ant!!!
  • Options
    Atwell is definitely in Ant-Man according to the casting call back in November...
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I mean I'm in for this movie... but this trailer didn't blow me away. Average at best. No real laughs, no real intrigue, not a lot of anything really.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Matt said:

kgforce said:

M
    It's nearly 2 minutes long though. That's more trailer then teaser.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

Matt said:

kgforce said:

M
    It's nearly 2 minutes long though. That's more trailer then teaser.
    It was teased as a teaser. It's YouTubed as a teaser. Trailers for this genre are 2.5-3 minutes long. It might be nearly 2 minutes, but at this point, it's still a teaser.

M
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    Least interesting off all the Marvel movies so far, but I've got my fingers crossed.