Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Name a series/character you like that's not popular

Comments

• Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Why the hell can't I get images to post!!!!?

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

luke52 said:

I was also gonna take a line from Taylor Swift...

Haters gonna hate :D

Haven't been going to your Pop Tripe Anonymous meetings, have you?
    I've relapsed. I'm not proud of myself. :((
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    luke52 said:

luke52 said:

I was also gonna take a line from Taylor Swift...

Haters gonna hate :D

Haven't been going to your Pop Tripe Anonymous meetings, have you?
    I've relapsed. I'm not proud of myself. :((
    Wait a minute! Taylor Swift is about the most popular person in music right now. That means she's no longer cool to like. Which means I don't like her any more.

This thread has cured my addiction!!! Thank you all :)>-
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    popestu said:

Matt said:

"passive aggressive"
    "noob"

i can't apologize for being more comfortable rocking the boat and feeling the way i do

not gonna happen

Ultraforce
    The Shadow
    Catman
    G.I. Joe

that's just a few but they're all less popular than Batman, Justice League, and Avengers in the minds of the masses

I feel like I'm caught in a Benjy Bronk-type vortex & should be pulling away from...

What boat are you rocking? That not everyone likes Batman, Justice League, & Avengers? That's not a revelation. Is it that some people like Batman, Justice League, & Avengers because they're fair weather fans? That's old news too. Is the boat you're "rocking" that you don't like those characters, nor Star Wars despite their popularity? If so, that's not a boat getting rocked, just a rubber ducky in a tub.

What does it matter if the masses like Batman, Avengers, JLA, & Star Wars? I'm not interested in the popular Harry Potter books & movies. I find the Beatles to be overrated, but I don't write an opus about it as I raise my rebel flag in defiance.

M
    A little piece of me died when I read the words "Beatles" and "overrated" in the same sentence. Feel free to correct your typo anytime.
    I'm not retreading this path again. They're a band I lack the passion their fans have; apparently my parents & older sister feel the same because I don't recall hearing the group much when I was growing up.

I don't believe the group or their fans suck, I just don't share the reverence others do.

I think there's a thread in the Off-Topic section about it.

M
  • Options

popestu said:

Matt said:

"passive aggressive"
    "noob"

i can't apologize for being more comfortable rocking the boat and feeling the way i do

not gonna happen

Ultraforce
    The Shadow
    Catman
    G.I. Joe

that's just a few but they're all less popular than Batman, Justice League, and Avengers in the minds of the masses

I feel like I'm caught in a Benjy Bronk-type vortex & should be pulling away from...

What boat are you rocking? That not everyone likes Batman, Justice League, & Avengers? That's not a revelation. Is it that some people like Batman, Justice League, & Avengers because they're fair weather fans? That's old news too. Is the boat you're "rocking" that you don't like those characters, nor Star Wars despite their popularity? If so, that's not a boat getting rocked, just a rubber ducky in a tub.

What does it matter if the masses like Batman, Avengers, JLA, & Star Wars? I'm not interested in the popular Harry Potter books & movies. I find the Beatles to be overrated, but I don't write an opus about it as I raise my rebel flag in defiance.

M
    A little piece of me died when I read the words "Beatles" and "overrated" in the same sentence. Feel free to correct your typo anytime.
    No. No. Nooooo! I've already survived the "Beatles are overrated" thread takeover once (poor poor "Movie News: Man of Steel"). I don't think I could take it a second time.
    Agreed.

M
  • Options

hauberk said:

So, is clicking the insightful button the new version of Dislike? @nweathington Dude, if that's the case, you may well be the most disliked person on the board.

It's true. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me. Think I'll go eat worms.
    This is exactly what I say every time I see someone pouting.

M
  • Options

If we're doing this thread for real now, can I say, I've loved The Maze Agency pretty much from the second I heard about it. Not an easy book to find back issues of.

This thread is on like Donkey Kong.

I got the series bound with covers I designed. I do recall it took some time for me to get every issue; and the other titles the characters appeared following the series' conclusion.

M
  • Options
    To be fair comics as a past time are not particularly popular to the wider population as a whole.

Surely that makes any comic that any one likes 'cool'???
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    popestu said:

popestu said:

The Heckler

Whoever awesomed this must be of high character, have many leather-bound books, and have an apartment that smells of rich mahogany.
    One out of three.
  • Options
    Matt said:

hauberk said:

So, is clicking the insightful button the new version of Dislike? @nweathington Dude, if that's the case, you may well be the most disliked person on the board.

It's true. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me. Think I'll go eat worms.
    This is exactly what I say every time I see someone pouting.

M
    Worms are so overrated.

Beetle larvae are much cooler.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

popestu said:

popestu said:

The Heckler

Whoever awesomed this must be of high character, have many leather-bound books, and have an apartment that smells of rich mahogany.
    One out of three.
    So that's why I saw you buying those cans of Rich Mahogany Air Freshener.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    How'd this thread get past me?

Arion, Lord of Atlantis
    Amethyst
    Omega Men (okay they got a new book coming out...let's see how long it lasts)
    Cyclops (you can't tell me Summers is popular, but he's my favorite jerk!)
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Comics? I'm all about anything Don McGregor did: Killraven, Black Panther, Sabre, Detectives Inc, Nathan Dusk.

Character wise, I am a HUGE Doc Savage fan, and have read all of the original novels. I like Kirby's Eternals and what Roy Thomas did with them after Kirby left, but most of the other Eternals stuff leaves me cold. The THUNDER Agents is a concept I like, even if Wally Wood himself got bored with them after a couple of months.

And I am a sucker for any of the characters from First comics back in the 80's. I felt they had a killer lineup.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited April 2015
    Torchsong said:

How'd this thread get past me?

Arion, Lord of Atlantis
    Amethyst
    Omega Men (okay they got a new book coming out...let's see how long it lasts)
    Cyclops (you can't tell me Summers is popular, but he's my favorite jerk!)

The Omega men what an incredibly great and weird series. I love the first half, then crisis happens and then the book goes off the rails in sucha spectacular and entertaining way.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Omega Men is insane; there is an off the wall lobo story. They literally finish their mission within the first 14 issues and it keeps going. Then it goes nuts after crisis.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Based purely on the title of this thread; "Name a series/character you like that's not popular", this pretty much sums up my collecting habits.

It has become a running joke at my LCS, that as soon as I start to rave about how much I LOVE a particular title, it gets the axe within 3-6 months.
    Recent examples: Spectacular Foes of Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Avengers Undercover, New Warriors, She-Hulk, Invaders, I was even enjoying the Scarlet Spider... should I go on?

The only DC books that I really enjoyed in the last 5 years or so; Booster Gold, and then Nu52 OMAC

A title that I really, really miss; Quasar.
    How about ROM, Alpha flight, or as someone mentioned earlier Darkhawk. I would like to see more of that Kree Wraith guy from the Annihilation cross overs.

C'mon, too easy. My collection is filled with this sort of deadwood. I have a real soft spot for the D-list characters.
    Last night I was reading everything about the Liberty Legion I could dig out from my collection.
  • Options
    Hex said:

The only DC books that I really enjoyed in the last 5 years or so; Booster Gold, and then Nu52 OMAC

Boy do I miss OMAC.

You can add Resurrection Man, Demon Knights and Vibe to that list. Swamp Thing is the latest addition.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Here's a few more characters I love who I wouldn't say are on the tip of everyone's tongue:

Nightshade - particularly her goth look in Shadowpact
    Amanda Waller (back when she knew her way around a sandwich)
    Azrael (Jean Paul Valley version)
    Anarky
    'Mazing Man (and supporting cast)
    Paladin
    Colleen Wing
    Every single person who ever was a part of the Micronauts. :) Even Devil. :)
    All three Shogun Warriors - Combatra, Danguard Ace, and Raydeen.
  • Options
    Shadowpact was a great book.
  • Options
    Metal Men - we need to see more of them in the New 52.
  • Options

WetRats said:

popestu said:

popestu said:

The Heckler

One out of three.
    So that's why I saw you buying those cans of Rich Mahogany Air Freshener.
    </block
    They come in mahogany!?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Hex said:

as soon as I start to rave about how much I LOVE a particular title, it gets the axe within 3-6 months.
    Recent examples: Spectacular Foes of Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Avengers Undercover, New Warriors, She-Hulk, Invaders, I was even enjoying the Scarlet Spider... should I go on...

Last night I was reading everything about the Liberty Legion I could dig out from my collection.

This is my story...
  • Options
    American Flagg

Sandman Mystery Theater

Mage

Astro City

Espers
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Torchsong said:

Every single person who ever was a part of the Micronauts. :) Even Devil. :)
    All three Shogun Warriors - Combatra, Danguard Ace, and Raydeen.

I think I might have to hug you.
  • Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    Dazzler

Mister Miracle

Slingers

Sovereign Seven

Oh, and any character created by J.M. DeMatteis. I'm probably the only person in the world anxiously awaiting the triumphant return of Judas Traveller and Conundrum to Spider-Man's rogues gallery.

• Options
    The Scourge of the Underworld
    ("Justice is served!")