Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    fredzilla said:

@bralinator --Wasn't trying to be cheeky. I just figured some forum members would benefit from such knowledge too. Cheers!

I never thought you were - I agreed with you @fredzilla !
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Awesome.

This show is so damn bold.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited April 2015
    Episode 20

Really good now everyone knows everything. The beginning was awesome loved seeing The Flash use his windmill arms. That scene with Cisco and fake Wells was great loved how they pulled out the shifter guy and finally the cards where laid out Eobard knows they know lol.

And the ending Iris I guess knows Barry is the Flash because of the spark? And Eobard taking Eddie wonder what he's master stroke will be? Maybe telling him Iris marries Barry.

And I want to understand this right. Is the Flash that goes back in time to save his mom go there on purpose? Because Wells says he went to kill Barry and killed his mom when he couldn't kill Barry. But then why would have Barry gone back because for that Flash his mother shouldn't have been murdered yet?
  • Options
    Hard to answer those questions... but let me ask some of my own.

Can Wells/Thawne not go forward in time? Because he said his goal is to get back home (time, not place). His objective, possibly to accomplish that is to kill Barry, but seemingly also help him be the most capable (out of many alternate timelines) Flash. Does that Flash become so good that he can not just go back in time, but also forward in time?
  • Options
    I loved when they were questioning "Gideon" when Barry asks if she knows who he is and she goes (paraphrasing):

"Of course. You're Barry Allen. Alias The Flash. Founding member of the ... "

Gideon is then suddenly cut off by another question, so allow me to finish the sentence ... "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA"!! ^:)^
  • Options

I loved when they were questioning "Gideon" when Barry asks if she knows who he is and she goes (paraphrasing):

"Of course. You're Barry Allen. Alias The Flash. Founding member of the ... "

Gideon is then suddenly cut off by another question, so allow me to finish the sentence ... "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA"!! ^:)^

There's also this. In the episode they pointed out the writer of the article "Iris West-Allen" but did anyone read the actual article itself?

• Options
    If the Flash disappeared, could that be him going back in time?
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited April 2015

Hard to answer those questions... but let me ask some of my own.

Can Wells/Thawne not go forward in time? Because he said his goal is to get back home (time, not place). His objective, possibly to accomplish that is to kill Barry, but seemingly also help him be the most capable (out of many alternate timelines) Flash. Does that Flash become so good that he can not just go back in time, but also forward in time?

In the episode Wells kills Cisco Wells says he needs Barry to go faster so he can go back to the future.

And in the episode that they show the flashback of Reverse Flash and Flash fighting each other Gideon tells Wells he used up to much of the Speed Force going back in time to Time Travel again.

So everything Wells/Thawne has done is for the sole reason of getting Flash to the point that he can use his power to Time Travel again.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    As with most successful exploitations of comic book properties, The Flash embraces the source material enthusiastically, rather than 'running' from it. This must be why I enjoy it so much.
  • Options
    TravisTravis Posts: 35
    I've been expecting Eddie to turn bad the entire time. Something about his look.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Well THAT was slightly eventful.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Is it my imagination, or is the costume Flash is wearing in the news photo closer to the traditional silver-age costume? I was too busy reading the headline and news clipping to pay it direct attention, and only noticed it as the scene changed.

You know, I got a sudden chill when Welles told Eddie that he was a kind of back-up plan -- and I remembered how Eobard absorbed Welles' identity and personality...
  • Options

Is it my imagination, or is the costume Flash is wearing in the news photo closer to the traditional silver-age costume? I was too busy reading the headline and news clipping to pay it direct attention, and only noticed it as the scene changed.

You know, I got a sudden chill when Welles told Eddie that he was a kind of back-up plan -- and I remembered how Eobard absorbed Welles' identity and personality...

I haven't watched this weeks episode (I'm like 3 weeks behind) but even in the pilot the photo had him in something closer to the silver age costume. If it's the same then yes.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

I haven't watched this weeks episode (I'm like 3 weeks behind) but even in the pilot the photo had him in something closer to the silver age costume. If it's the same then yes.
    Then I feel really dumb for having missed something so obvious.
  • Options

Yep. Cisco praises the brighter red and the white on the logo. Then wonders if changing the suit would now be a paradox.
  • Options
    Since we know Rip Hunter will be in the spinoff series, could he show up at the end of this season of The Flash because of the time shenanigans?
  • Options
    There's going to be a spinoff series?
  • Options

There's going to be a spinoff series?

Atom?
    Firestorm?
    Hawkgirl?
    Rip Hunter?
    Captain Cold?
    Heat Wave?
    Caity Lotz in some fashion?
    Streetwise Young African American Guy to be named soon?
    How did you miss this?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Yeah! They're calling it Sovereign 7! :)

/runs for cover...
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Torchsong said:

/runs for cover...

No, it used to be called Sovereign 7, but as soon they named it that, the ratings dropped into negative numbers. Which is really weird since it hasn't even aired yet. So they changed the name to Legends. Everything's back on track now.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

/runs for cover...

No, it used to be called Sovereign 7, but as soon they named it that, the ratings dropped into negative numbers. Which is really weird since it hasn't even aired yet. So they changed the name to Legends. Everything's back on track now.
    Rip Hunter saw the bad ratings in the future.
  • Options
    The first few pre-titles minutes were chock-full of more great moments than this entire season of Arrow.

"Mazel-tov."
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited April 2015
    I love the fact that they explored Cisco's bad future, as well as Barry revealing to everyone that he time-traveled.

They avoided the trope of "Poor Communication kills". You've seen it on other shows, where the characters won't relay important info to each other.
  • Options
    You know, even with all the superhuman abilities and pseudoscience and time travel and soap-operatic relationships, tho one thing that's hard to suspend my disbelief over is that there will still be newspapers in 2025.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:

You know, even with all the superhuman abilities and pseudoscience and time travel and soap-operatic relationships, tho one thing that's hard to suspend my disbelief over is that there will still be newspapers in 2025.

I said the same thing to my wife. "Wait, what's a newspaper doing in 2025? Is this like vinyl albums?" She just shrugged her shoulders.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    fredzilla said:

WetRats said:

I said the same thing to my wife. "Wait, what's a newspaper doing in 2025? Is this like vinyl albums?" She just shrugged her shoulders.
    2025 hipsters are totally into newspapers. They even buy old ones at thrift stores just to put on their coffee tables. Right next to their digest-sized TV Guides.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Maybe it's a website designed to look like a newspaper or some crap like that. In situations like this I just ask my good friend Joe Quesada what to think.

He's says it's magic. They don't have to explain it.

Good enough for me. :)