Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Captain America: Civil War-- NON-SPOILER THREAD

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

luke52 said:

Not strictly Civil War related, but...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kevin-feige-confirms-the-identity-of-the-next-big-screen-spider-man

Looks like odds are we'll get another Spidey origin story. I really hope they find a way to do him in high school without doing the origin AGAIN.

Hoping to see an Ultimate Spider-man-esque take on the character.

"Ultimate Spider-man-esque" meaning?

Morales? Way too risky.

Origin? Makes sense with the last 2 incorporating it.

Dialogue? I'm hoping not. Bendis-type dialogue is why I could never get into a Ultimate Spider-man or New Avengers. Although I haven't seen ASM2, I have heard the dialogue mirrored Bendis' style. No sure that'd be good.

M

the hell?

:p
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    luke52 said:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kevin-feige-confirms-the-identity-of-the-next-big-screen-spider-man

Looks like odds are we'll get another Spidey origin story. I really hope they find a way to do him in high school without doing the origin AGAIN.

I don't know about seeing other origin. I remember them talking about not doing one after the spider-deal was made.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Matt said:

luke52 said:

"Ultimate Spider-man-esque" meaning?

Morales? Way too risky.

Origin? Makes sense with the last 2 incorporating it.

Dialogue? I'm hoping not. Bendis-type dialogue is why I could never get into a Ultimate Spider-man or New Avengers. Although I haven't seen ASM2, I have heard the dialogue mirrored Bendis' style. No sure that'd be good.

M

Apologies, I should have specified... I actually mean Ultimate Spider-man the cartoon.

I'd like to see him struggling to juggle his school life along with his after school super heroics. I like how Peter's antics are portrayed in the show too. And if I could see him bouncing off Samuel L Jacksons Nick Fury like he does in the cartoon, you'll get some laughs from that.

I just don't want another 30 mins of wasted screen time going over his origin again. I think the whole planet knows it now. I mean if my 84 year old grandad knows it, I think the rest of the population will too! And those that don't are probably not interested in finding out at this point. Let's skip it and get straight into the story.

And if it really needed to be done again a voice over the opening credits explaining things would be an easy, quick way to do it.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

And if it really needed to be done again a voice over the opening credits explaining things would be an easy, quick way to do it.

Or a credits montage like the Norton Hulk.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

luke52 said:

Or a credits montage like the Norton Hulk.
    Heck, even Spider-Man 2 and 3 did a quick montage to catch viewers up. Granted, those were sequels, but still...
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited May 2015
    Promo art "Leaked":

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Interesting art.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Promo art "Leaked":

I wish they would stop trying to tweak Cap's uniform. I know it's for the marketing division, but it's nearly overkill.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I'm... not convinced that image is actually a leak. It looks like a fan creation to me.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    David_D said:

I'm... not convinced that image is actually a leak. It looks like a fan creation to me.

Ditto
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    I dunno, it looks in line with official art Marvel has released in the past:

• Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    EVERYONE IS IN THIS!!! ITS AVENGERS 2.5!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/24428-ant-man-vision-war-machine-join-marvel-s-civil-war-as-it-begins-production.html

Marvel Studios has commenced principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia on “Captain America: Civil War,” the third installment of its Super Hero franchise. The production will shoot on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production, as well as locations in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland.

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, “Captain America: Civil War” is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The Winter Solider,” Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger”). The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    they should rename it AVENGERS 2.5 - CIVIL WAR - IRON MAN v CAPTAIN AMERICA !!!
  • Options
    I hope it is written as a Cap-centric movie.

I'm far more interested in Captain America 3 than Avengers 2.5.
  • Options
    Mackie has been calling it Avengers 2.8.

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Cap 3 has MORE stars than Age of Ultron... but a significantly lower budget. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Marvel can rely on the story to make a great film, and not the special effects.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Hex said:

Cap 3 has MORE stars than Age of Ultron... but a significantly lower budget. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Marvel can rely on the story to make a great film, and not the special effects.

Same crew behind Cap 2?

I have faith.
    Absolutely... It is going to be killer.
    More faith in this than any other upcoming Marvel movie. Not that I don't believe in the other movies, but this is one I'm looking forward to more than anything (I might be biased).

...and just so you know, that list of characters/stars isn't complete.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if Peggy dies in this. Not from anything other then old age (certainly not to imply the overly used label of 'girlfriend in the refrigerator'). If she dies & Steve dies, I can foresee either here or in IW an afterlife scene of the two finally together...just to be torn apart by Steve coming back to life.

M
  • Options
    I seriously dig that the Iron Man armor this time around looks based on the Bleeding Edge armor. That's one of my favorite Iron Man looks.

Like a lot of people, I've been concerned about the size of the cast, but after seeing how they handled all the characters in Age of Ultron, I have faith. The other Avengers might not be especially central.
  • Options
    Is it weird that the casting announcement I'm most excited about is the return of William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross?
  • Options
    I think we have to remember that each side of a war needs an army, so of course the cast is huge. As long as they keep the focus on a core group it will be fine. I'm not expecting major character developments for Ant-man or Hawkeye in a Cap movie. A lot of characters' arcs only need to be, "which side do I choose?"
  • Options

Is it weird that the casting announcement I'm most excited about is the return of William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross?

No. That's interesting. Particularly, since we'll most likely be Hulk-free.
  • Options
    Hex said:

No Hulk cuts a huge chunk out of the budget.
  • Options
    If you think about it, you can essentially get '2 heroes for 1' in the scenes. Rather then have 5 heroes fight 5 "red shirts", you'll get 10 heroes fighting...just each other.

M
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

BINGO! Thunderbolt Ross without something of a Hulk appearance makes zero sense.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Hex said:

WetRats said:

BINGO! Thunderbolt Ross without something of a Hulk appearance makes zero sense.
    If I had to call in the Army to deal with superheroes battling each other, who else would I put in charge but the guy who's faced the most powerful one of all?
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Dare I mention ... (*gulp*) ... Red Hulk??

:-)
  • Options

Dare!

Dare!
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245

That would be....incredible.