Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: X-Men Apocalypse

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Matt said:

hauberk said:

look how that turned out for us.

Correct, but oh well, it's no longer canon.

Just like every Star Wars game or comic you've ever read (except for the adaptations.)

So, the original Star Trek & TNG series & movies aren't canon either?!

M
    Matt said it in fewer words.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980

hauberk said:

Just like every Star Wars game or comic you've ever read (except for the adaptations.)

Um. That story was written before DOFP even came out. Given that DOFP directly references all the movies, even X3 and Wolverine: Origins... I'm pretty sure they are still part of the series.

Some Timey Whimey stuff happened. Scott is still alive. Jean is still alive. But since DOFP came out, none of the creators have said "yea those movies never happened." They've said basically, "some things have been kinda re-arranged". The X-Men still could have gone to Alkali lake, Jean could have still struggled with the Phoenix. Magento still could have attacked Alkatraz to get the cure. But not everything ended up the way it originally ended up. Not a big deal. No different then Marty McFly changing his life around a little through time travel. He still had the same parents, lived in the same town, on the same street, and had the same number of siblings.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Planeis said:

hauberk said:

Um. That story was written before DOFP even came out. Given that DOFP directly references all the movies, even X3 and Wolverine: Origins... I'm pretty sure they are still part of the series.

Some Timey Whimey stuff happened. Scott is still alive. Jean is still alive. But since DOFP came out, none of the creators have said "yea those movies never happened." They've said basically, "some things have been kinda re-arranged". The X-Men still could have gone to Alkali lake, Jean could have still struggled with the Phoenix. Magento still could have attacked Alkatraz to get the cure. But not everything ended up the way it originally ended up. Not a big deal. No different then Marty McFly changing his life around a little through time travel. He still had the same parents, lived in the same town, on the same street, and had the same number of siblings.

It would appear that this creator essentially said it...

X-Men writer and producer Simon Kinberg answers fan questions about X-Men: Days OF Future Past, the other X-Men films and the future of X-Men: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/simon-kinberg-answers-questions-uncut-145216066.html

“We changed the timeline for everything that came after ‘DOFP’ – so ‘X-Men 1’, 2 and 3, even ‘The Wolverine’. So Jean was not killed in ‘Last Stand’, nor was Scott, and a whole lot of other things rippled…

But I suppose it's all dependent on interpretation (or hyperbole),
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited October 2014
    hauberk said:

Planeis said:

Mihawk said:

My hope is that Cyclops Will finally get his moment to shine in one of these movies for once. He's basically done nothing in all the movies he's been in. He's one of the most important members of the X-Men so please FOX finally treat him like one.

I blame the director. He had two whole movies with Cyclops and didn't do much. Sure, Ratner killed him off, but Ratner didn't write the movie and I find it hard to believe that was his decision alone, since one of the writers also helped write X2. They made Cyclops disposable.
    I seem to recall that was, at least in part, Halley Berry's (or her people's) doing. She wanted more and better screen time (this being the same time when they were talking about spinning her Jinx character off from the James Bond movie where she appeared.
    Ha! I remember that. I always wondered what happened to the Jinx spin-off.

(This was before I ever looked up behind-the-scenes Hollywood stuff on the internet)
  • Options

hauberk said:

Planeis said:

Mihawk said:

My hope is that Cyclops Will finally get his moment to shine in one of these movies for once. He's basically done nothing in all the movies he's been in. He's one of the most important members of the X-Men so please FOX finally treat him like one.

I blame the director. He had two whole movies with Cyclops and didn't do much. Sure, Ratner killed him off, but Ratner didn't write the movie and I find it hard to believe that was his decision alone, since one of the writers also helped write X2. They made Cyclops disposable.
    I seem to recall that was, at least in part, Halley Berry's (or her people's) doing. She wanted more and better screen time (this being the same time when they were talking about spinning her Jinx character off from the James Bond movie where she appeared.

(This was before I ever looked up behind-the-scenes Hollywood stuff on the internet)
    You ever get the feeling that the people that start those kinds of stories are actually the publicists and managers for the actor/actress and not necessarily the studios?
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    mphil said:

Mihawk said:

He is?
    It is funny for the bulk of my X-men reading from the mid 80s he was not even on the team anymore. So I am not one of those fans who thinks Cyclops needs a bigger role.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

hauberk said:

Planeis said:

Mihawk said:

You ever get the feeling that the people that start those kinds of stories are actually the publicists and managers for the actor/actress and not necessarily the studios?
    It would make sense on some occasions.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245

Planeis said:

hauberk said:

It would appear that this creator essentially said it...

X-Men writer and producer Simon Kinberg answers fan questions about X-Men: Days OF Future Past, the other X-Men films and the future of X-Men: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/simon-kinberg-answers-questions-uncut-145216066.html

“We changed the timeline for everything that came after ‘DOFP’ – so ‘X-Men 1’, 2 and 3, even ‘The Wolverine’. So Jean was not killed in ‘Last Stand’, nor was Scott, and a whole lot of other things rippled…

But I suppose it's all dependent on interpretation (or hyperbole),

Selective reboot.
  • Options
    According to The Wrap, Chloe Moretz, Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld are being eyed for the role of Jean Grey, while Ben Hardy, Charlie Rowe and Timothee Chalamet are being considered for Scott Summers.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    that all sounds terrible
  • Options
    Deadline is reporting Oscar Isaac has signed on to play Apocalypse.
  • Options
    More unpleasant news, for some. It appears that James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender will be the only Professor X and Magneto around for this installment. Patrick Stewart confirmed that he and Ian McKellen are not expected to reprise their roles, even though Stewart had shown interest in doing so.

See his interview with Larry King on Yahoo! Movies where he explains. Looks like this, along with First Class and Days of Future Past are being considered a trilogy. I like that format and it makes a lot of sense. I just really like Stewart in the the role of Xavier.

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

More unpleasant news, for some. It appears that James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender will be the only Professor X and Magneto around for this installment. Patrick Stewart confirmed that he and Ian McKellen are not expected to reprise their roles, even though Stewart had shown interest in doing so.

See his interview with Larry King on Yahoo! Movies where he explains. Looks like this, along with First Class and Days of Future Past are being considered a trilogy. I like that format and it makes a lot of sense. I just really like Stewart in the the role of Xavier.

I would've been more surprised if they were in it. I took the ending of DoFP as the original cast's curtain call (with the exception of Jackman).

M
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited April 2015
    Olivia Munn = Psylocke

Soooo freakin HOT. And I LOVED her in the Newsroom. But I mean...DAMN. (Sorry, normally I try to keep those comments to myself...but DAMN shes hot)

• Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
  • Options

Olivia Munn = Psylocke

Soooo freakin HOT. And I LOVED her in the Newsroom. But I mean...DAMN. (Sorry, normally I try to keep those comments to myself...but DAMN shes hot)

You'll get no resistance from me. I've never found what makes her appealing to guys.

M
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

Olivia Munn = Psylocke

You'll get no resistance from me. I've never found what makes her appealing to guys.

M
    As Randolph Scott said in Ride Lonesome, "She ain't ugly."
  • Options
    Matt said:
    This photo needs a Zac Snyder filer...
  • Options
    Singer sucks... this is going to be another crappy X-men movie
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

Singer sucks... this is going to be another crappy X-men movie

Yet you will still go to see it.

M
  • Options
    i think i saw First Class in theaters and thought it was ok
    Days of Future Past was a rental and it was not very good
    and this looks like a rental too

but I am going to Ant-Man TONIGHT!!!
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    We can't quite see if Apocalypse has the giant A on his belt. If it's there I'll forgive the rest of the costume. (As an aside, just realised that the classic X-Factor Apocalypse design is a man cosplaying as a Celestial, which makes perfect sense given his origin).

On the positive side, Mohawk Storm!
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

i think i saw First Class in theaters and thought it was ok
    Days of Future Past was a rental and it was not very good
    and this looks like a rental too

but I am going to Ant-Man TONIGHT!!!

But if you don't like the vision of the directing doing his 4th interpretation of the same material...why waste your time?

I didn't like ASM, I dont need to view ASM2 in the theatre, rental, or FX to know the interpretation isn't for me.

M
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    coz i'm a comic book fan and a comic book movie fan! even if the movie might suck
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Olivia Munn *IS* Psylocke.