Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    A great deal of disappointment for last night's SNL. Not sure what I was really expecting. Alas, even Weekend Update was a letdown - that Pope Frances impression was a poor stepcousin to Guido Sarducci. Also, can Miley Cyrus be officially over?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited October 2015
    @rebis celebrity bowling is the best. Why didn't USA bring it back in the early 2000s? It would have fit perfectly with their late night programing (post up all night).

The 70s was a weird decade for TV. Battle of the network stars dominated by Mr. Korver.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

For @torchsong. Sorry TS

I saw this picture today and thought about you

Hey, we pulled it off against those Cowgirls! Drew hit a couple more milestones and at this point I'll take a win at any time.

I think the South is coming down to you Dirty Birds and the Panthers, and of the two of you I think Atlanta has the easier season as far as matchups. Be nice to see ol' Matty Ice get a ring before he retires. I'll deny I ever said that, of course. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'd just like to see the Falcons back in the super bowl before I retire.

That was a good win. I fell asleep during the last series (@1:30 in the 4th) so I missed ot.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    mwhitt80 said:

@rebis celebrity bowling is the best. Why didn't USA bring it back in the early 2000s? It would have fit perfectly with their late night programing (post up all night).

The 70s was a weird decade for TV. Battle of the network stars dominated by Mr. Korver.

I still remember Gabe Kaplan kicking Robert Conrad's ass. Where's your battery now, Pappy?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Mr. Kotter Dangit.
    Stupid autocorrect misspelled it twice in my correction post. I'm glad you knew who I was typing about.

USA Network could have put Celebrity Bowling on after farmclub.com.
    Let's see how many of you Dynamite Hack fans remember that show.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Mr. Kotter Dangit.
    Stupid autocorrect misspelled it twice in my correction post. I'm glad you knew who I was typing about.

I'm old.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    For my money Circus of the Stars is still probably one of the weirdest celebrity show ideas.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mr_Cosmic said:

For my money Circus of the Stars is still probably one of the weirdest celebrity show ideas.

Agreed.

I was always more of a Laff-A-Lympics fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4l-P20V-Q
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Wacky Races was where the allstars competed
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ESi7uGMNaMs

Well allstar celebs might be a stretch.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The local Kroger (King Soopers here in Denver) has started offering donuts with breakfast cereal as a topping. THIS TREND NEEDS TO STOP!
    The cereal absorbs the moisture from the icing and becomes a stale mushy mess. It's also big pieces of crap that fall in my lap.

STOP THE MADNESS.

rant over.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    rebis said:

I've noticed that the local Kroger has started offering donuts with breakfast cereal as a topping. THIS TREND NEEDS TO STOP!
    The cereal absorbs the moisture from the icing and becomes a stale mushy mess. It's also big pieces of crap that fall in my lap.

STOP THE MADNESS.

rant over.

Or, you could buy the donuts that don't have cereal sprinkled on them. Maybe a nice jelly donut or bear claw?
  • Options
    hauberk said:

rebis said:

I've noticed that the local Kroger has started offering donuts with breakfast cereal as a topping. THIS TREND NEEDS TO STOP!

STOP THE MADNESS.

rant over.

Or, you could buy the donuts that don't have cereal sprinkled on them. Maybe a nice jelly donut or bear claw?
    IT'S A FREAKIN RANT. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO LOGIC!

Btw, I didn't buy the donuts. They were leftovers from a "lunch and learn" held at work. I don't buy donuts from the supermarket. I have an old school donut place near my home and buy my donuts there.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    rebis said:

luke52 said:

I just finished reading Final Crisis for the first time... I have no idea what happened or what it was really about.

Yeah. It starts one direction and then ends up someplace really different.
    Did you read Superman Beyond? I think that's an essential part of the story.
    So essential, that they included it in the Final Crisis trade.
  • Options

rebis said:

luke52 said:

I just finished reading Final Crisis for the first time... I have no idea what happened or what it was really about.

Nice!
  • Options
    edited October 2015

rebis said:

luke52 said:

Does it come with 3D glasses?

I did not read Superman Beyond when ii was reading Final Crisis. Boy did I need CGS; I've since gone back and gotten most/all FC tie-ins (post event buys are the best). I think I'm going to move it to the top of my long term reading pile (reserved for essentials, showcases, omnibuses, and big arcs)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited October 2015
    "BIZARRE PAINTINGS OF MECHA ROBOTS ATTACKING EAST EUROPEAN PEASANTS OF THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY"

And, despite the headline, they are actually not all images of them attacking. Some of them, like this one which was my favorite, is just imaging a moment in a world where this is true:

• Options
    That image reminds me of Kevin Smith, his Superman pitch, and a giant mech spider in Wild Wild West.
  • Options
    Saw an ad for something called Rocky Mountain Con. Any Denver area geeks going?
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    rebis said:

George Perez is going to be there. I'd like to go, if for one day.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    fredzilla said:

rebis said:

George Perez is going to be there. I'd like to go, if for one day.
    I'm in the same predicament. I don't know if I could make it Saturday, but would like to go on one of the days.
  • Options
    Boy I'm glad I'm a Georgia Bulldawgs.

Sometimes having loyalties sucks. Why couldn't I have been born in Boston.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited October 2015

In marketing their upcoming sixth scale, $240 Punisher figure, they wanted to answer our obvious question, "But what about his butt?" So one of the product photos is just that.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So I had an odd yesterday afternoon. I get home from lunch and there has been a car accident in front of my house. That isn't unusual I live; I've been in a pretty dangerous wreck there (got tboned,it was my fault, but fortunately neither the other driver or me were hurt). Yesterday however a guy tried to turn left and got hit by a semi. You don't win those.
    The silver lining, I wasn't at home when the wreck happened or ambulance came. Be careful driving around guys; all it takes is a second for something to go wrong.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    mwhitt80 said:

So I had an odd yesterday afternoon. I get home from lunch and there has been a car accident in front of my house. That isn't unusual I live; I've been in a pretty dangerous wreck there (got tboned,it was my fault, but fortunately neither the other driver or me were hurt). Yesterday however a guy tried to turn left and got hit by a semi. You don't win those.
    The silver lining, I wasn't at home when the wreck happened or ambulance came. Be careful driving around guys; all it takes is a second for something to go wrong.

I can relate; about two months ago someone hit my car when it was parked in front of my house and left no insurance information (we think it might have been a teenager trying to pull an illegal U-turn). A few weeks later my insurance company declared the car totaled and I had to start looking for a new one.

Thankfully, I managed to find a new car in a couple of days (my old car was a 2003 Toyota Matrix and my new car is Scion XA which is essentially the same vehicle...excpet no sunroof).
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

In the 15 years in our current house, we've had four cars wreck in our front yard—all single-car accidents. We live on a long curve which you don't necessarily need to slow down for, but which you shouldn't speed excessively on either. After the last one, the county put up new speed limit signs on each end of the curve. Surprisingly, that seems to have helped, as we haven't had an accident since. Although someone did run off the side of the road when it was really wet—they 4-inch deep ruts in the grass and almost went into our ditch.