Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Captain America: Civil War-- NON-SPOILER THREAD

Comments

• Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited November 2015
    Easily my favorite Marvel Movie trailer. Has an epic feel to it, that feels more like a culmination of multiple character arcs, instead of an event. Also... Don't be dead Rhodey!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Easily my favorite Marvel Movie trailer. Has an epic feel to it, that feels more like a culmination of multiple character arcs, instead of an event. Also... Don't be dead Rhodey!

I think he'll get hurt bad, maybe a coma, but not death.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    The trailer was pretty epic. Also, I agree. Don't be dead Rhodey. Please don't be dead.
  • Options
    I think Disney marketing is better than the ones behind Terminator Genysis. I doubt they'd ruin it in a commercial.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    It looks great. If Bucky alone is the main catalyst for the fallout, that would be a bit of a strain for me (though it makes more sense for the MCU than what happened in the comics), but I'm guessing there's more to it than that.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    chrisw said:

It looks great. If Bucky alone is the main catalyst for the fallout, that would be a bit of a strain for me (though it makes more sense for the MCU than what happened in the comics), but I'm guessing there's more to it than that.

What if Winter Soldier is linked to the death of Howard Stark?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    aquatroy said:

chrisw said:

I've been under that impression since Winter Soldier.

M
  • Options
    chrisw said:

From what I gather, the fight at the Bazaar, carry over from Banner's rampage, & the building question of hero vs. vigilante that's the fallout.

For @bralinator, I'll put this out there. The Avengers get shutdown from the above factors. All their gear gets confiscated & Rhodey goes back to working for the government. Wilson & Rogers locate Barnes & try to prevent his "arrest." They're all seen as vigilantes/criminals. Civil War ensues.

I theorize the notion of Wilson "knowing a guy (Lang)" is to break into the facility where their gear is stored. Red Skull will be revealed inhabiting a new body & pulling the strings behind it all. Peggy will have died of old age. Rogers dies similar to the source material. His "war" is over & the two can finally be together. Barnes' redemption begins filling in as Cap.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

chrisw said:

From what I gather, the fight at the Bazaar, carry over from Banner's rampage, & the building question of hero vs. vigilante that's the fallout.

For @bralinator, I'll put this out there. The Avengers get shutdown from the above factors. All their gear gets confiscated & Rhodey goes back to working for the government. Wilson & Rogers locate Barnes & try to prevent his "arrest." They're all seen as vigilantes/criminals. Civil War ensues.

I theorize the notion of Wilson "knowing a guy (Lang)" is to break into the facility where their gear is stored. Red Skull will be revealed inhabiting a new body & pulling the strings behind it all. Peggy will have died of old age. Rogers dies similar to the source material. His "war" is over & the two can finally be together. Barnes' redemption begins filling in as Cap.

M
    If they did go that route, all the way to a Death of Cap style ending to Civil War, then they do have a lot of loose mumbo-jumbo coming with The Infinity War story. Certainly a cosmic environment with lots of power could give them an easy way to bring Rogers back.
  • Options
    David_D said:

Matt said:

chrisw said:

M
    If they did go that route, all the way to a Death of Cap style ending to Civil War, then they do have a lot of loose mumbo-jumbo coming with The Infinity War story. Certainly a cosmic environment with lots of power could give them an easy way to bring Rogers back.
    That's what I'm thinking. End Part 1 or begin Part 2 with Steve ripped from paradise with Peggy & back to the land of the living to lead the final fight against Thanos.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited December 2015
    Great ideas @Matt and @David_D ! I'd go to the movies for that.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

David_D said:

Matt said:

chrisw said:

M
    That's what I'm thinking. End Part 1 or begin Part 2 with Steve ripped from paradise with Peggy & back to the land of the living to lead the final fight against Thanos.

M
    Could be. Though I would guess, rather than being ripped from paradise, if they went that way, to continue to play up the self-sacrifice/ doomed love angle that we saw in the first Cap movie, he would actually have to choose to leave that reality behind to rejoin the fight.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    I kinda feel like when Steve says "Sorry Tony but Bucky is a friend" is very much understating there relationship. Because Bucky is family he isn't just a friend.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    aquatroy said:

chrisw said:

Did they imply that yet in the films? I seem to think they did, but I may be mis-remembering. If so, I'd forgotten that. It would definitely add more layers to it.

I'm not worried about the Bucky thing being mishandled, just thought that the trailer, aside from a brief mention of previous events, makes it look like everyone's throwing down because Cap wants to protect his buddy (who technically is a fugitive from justice, and with good reason).
  • Options
    chrisw said:

aquatroy said:

chrisw said:

Did they imply that yet in the films? I seem to think they did, but I may be mis-remembering. If so, I'd forgotten that. It would definitely add more layers to it.

I'm not worried about the Bucky thing being mishandled, just thought that the trailer, aside from a brief mention of previous events, makes it look like everyone's throwing down because Cap wants to protect his buddy (who technically is a fugitive from justice, and with good reason).
    I feel like it was a newspaper clipping displayed on Zola's screen as he was stalling Cap & Widow. Can't remember...which I guess means I'll have to rewatch it!

M
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I
    Matt said:

chrisw said:

aquatroy said:

chrisw said:

I feel like it was a newspaper clipping displayed on Zola's screen as he was stalling Cap & Widow. Can't remember...which I guess means I'll have to rewatch it!

M
    It was implied that Hydra killed Stark which was on the Zola computer screen but I do not think Winter Soldier was referenced as being a part of that.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/03/robert-downey-jr-politics-iron-man-civil-war

Robert Downey Jr. on the politics of Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Official International Trailer (2016) Marvel Movie HD
    https://youtu.be/dcI8KLgluPc
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    mwhitt80 said:

mphil said:

I haven't read Civil War in forever, was there a villain in it?

Depends... Whose side are you on?
    Oh, sorry, I assumed that what would happen is what is happening in Batman v Superman. They two factions are "opposed" but at the end of the movie they combine forces to fight a common enemy. Does this not happen in Civil War?
  • Options
    mphil said:

mwhitt80 said:

mphil said:

Oh, sorry, I assumed that what would happen is what is happening in Batman v Superman. They two factions are "opposed" but at the end of the movie they combine forces to fight a common enemy. Does this not happen in Civil War?
    In the source material? No.

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Merry Christmas to me! Just got word that my bro is taking me to the Hollywood Premier for Civil War!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    edited December 2015
    mphil said:

mwhitt80 said:

mphil said:

Sorry I was quoting all of Marvel's PR from the summer Civil War came out. "Whose side are you on?" Was on everything Marvel.

In Civil War its Team Cap vs. Team Tony from start to finish. There is no big bad, just guys in red white and blue tights punching dudes in red and yellow metal armor
  • Options
    You have to power through some unfunny commentary, but great breakdown of the trailer:

http://youtu.be/VKBSCAXkUuY

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Vision goes unsubstantial, zips through each of Cap's guys while turning slightly solid in passing to knock each one out..movie done.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Maybe he's trying NOT to kill everyone? :)
  • Options
    Imagine if Spider-Man is just off-screen in Tony's side. =p

And no scenes of Emily Thorne yet!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2016

Maybe he's trying NOT to kill everyone? :)

No, no... just a little pin-point solidity to cut O2 off enough to knock them out..
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Vision goes unsubstantial, zips through each of Cap's guys while turning slightly solid in passing to knock each one out..movie done.

Honestly, that line-up should be enough to wipe out Cap's team, even without Vision going intangible.