Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Wrapped up Dollhouse. Really enjoyed it enough to wonder how any network exec could have even contemplated giving it a green light.

High points: Alan Tudyk. Both series finales. Victor, especially as Topher 2.0.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Just discovered MICROCOSMOS is available.

Thrill at the epic struggle of the Dung Beetle.

Swoon at the passion of the Lovestruck Snails.

DO NOT MISS THIS!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    hauberk said:

Wrapped up Dollhouse. Really enjoyed it enough to wonder how any network exec could have even contemplated giving it a green light.

yeah season two is surprisingly good. or rather the whole thing in total is better than any individual episode, like Eccleston's season of Who. Way better character development than we've gotten from AOS and yes Victor as Topher was great.
    the
    Did i fall asleep?
    For a little while.
    line in the AOS ep The Well was kind of a treat.
  • Options
    random73 said:

hauberk said:

yeah season two is surprisingly good. or rather the whole thing in total is better than any individual episode, like Eccleston's season of Who. Way better character development than we've gotten from AOS and yes Victor as Topher was great.
    the
    Did i fall asleep?
    For a little while.
    line in the AOS ep The Well was kind of a treat.
    I had forgotten about that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I should also note that I was surprised by Echos final upload. I anticipated that Alpha might be more involved with that resolution.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited February 2014
    Started Attack on Titan today. Haven't been into anime for years, but the fact that I heard about this one non-stop for months now made me curious. Only 5 eps in, but its pretty good so far.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I just started Parks and Rec.

We used to DVR The Office and would catch the beginning of P&R before the recording would quit. I always thought it looked hilarious but we always had too many other shows to watch.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Mr_Cosmic said:

We used to DVR The Office and would catch the beginning of P&R before the recording would quit. I always thought it looked hilarious but we always had too many other shows to watch.

First season is a bit wobbly. It really gets better, though.

LOTS better.
  • Options
    I'm about to start the second season of Game Of Thrones.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457

is this on netflix?
  • Options
    shroud68 said:

is this on netflix?
    Everyone knows Chuck don't mess with streaming!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    WetRats said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

First season is a bit wobbly. It really gets better, though.

LOTS better.
    Yes. Stick with it. It outclasses The Office, eventually and Ron Swanson is a modern day classic.
  • Options

shroud68 said:

is this on netflix?
    Everyone knows Chuck don't mess with streaming!
    Got that right!

I just received the first disc, so I'll be watching it over the next couple of days.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    chrisw said:

DAR said:

Before Sunrise was pretty good. B

Now I'm watching Cloud Atlas, it's interesting

My wife and I watched Cloud Atlas over the weekend. It was her choice, but she ended up not liking it at all.

I did find it a little pretentious and heavy-handed at times, but I was also impressed by the amount of work put into it. Some intriguing ideas and some great performances, but it just kept trying so hard to be important.

And, in my opinion, the least convincing actor - Tom Hanks. The only role I bought him in was the future segment. Every other time, I kept thinking "Here comes Tom Hanks with a new funny nose and wig."
    I want to see this. I enjoyed the book but wondered the whole time how it could possibly be made into a coherent movie.
  • Options
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    WetRats said:

Happy, this makes me.

About time.
  • Options
    The Clone Wars has proven that it's definitely better to start off mediocre and then improve, rather than start great and slide into mediocrity.

Longer trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpd501LM6T8
  • Options
    Speaking of Clone Wars, where was THIS version of the Emperor in ANY of the prequels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
  • Options

Currently watching the first season of The Clone Wars.

Not streaming on Netflix...

No, I don't stream. I get the DVDs each week.

And this week I'll be getting into the third season of The Closer.
    Streaming now, it is.

And exclusively no less... @Chuck_Melville
  • Options
    I read yesterday that one third of the evening internet traffic is Netflix streaming.

ONE THIRD!
  • Options
    Wrapped up The People vs George Lucas last night. I thought it was well presented and offered a few pieces of information of which I had either forgotten or been previously unaware.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    I'm watching JFK: The Smoking Gun. I'm only about a 1/3 of the way into it, but I'm finding is fascinating.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Just finished the first season of The Newsroom -- which I absolutely loved. Looking forward to eventually seeing the second season when it rotates through my list.
  • Options
    Watched a documentary on Muscle Shoals. (Was it called Muscle Shoals?) Very good.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Started watching Supernatural with the boy and we're halfway through the second season of Batman Brave and the Bold.

We've burned through all of the Godzilla movies on Netflix, moving to Hulu, Amazon and other streamiing services to find more.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Greg said:

Started watching Supernatural with the boy

I love Supernatural. I put off watching it for a long, long, long, long time. I'm glad I finally gave in because it is a wonderful show.

• Options

Go now and watch Milius the life story of one of the most influential and controversial film directors in the history of Hollywood, John Milius. From his childhood aspirations to join the military to his formative years at the USC Film School, his legendary work on films such as Apocalypse Now, Jaws, Conan The Barbarian, Dirty Harry and Red Dawn, to his ultimate dismissal from Hollywood due to his radical beliefs and controversial behavior.

• Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163

Go now and watch Milius the life story of one of the most influential and controversial film directors in the history of Hollywood, John Milius. From his childhood aspirations to join the military to his formative years at the USC Film School, his legendary work on films such as Apocalypse Now, Jaws, Conan The Barbarian, Dirty Harry and Red Dawn, to his ultimate dismissal from Hollywood due to his radical beliefs and controversial behavior.

I second that! I thought this was a very well done documentary and I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

Just finished the first season of The Newsroom -- which I absolutely loved. Looking forward to eventually seeing the second season when it rotates through my list.

This is one of the best shows that's been on TV in the last few years. Seriously quick, intelligent, funny tv. Can't talk highly enough of it.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

Watched a documentary on Muscle Shoals. (Was it called Muscle Shoals?) Very good.

Yes, Muscle Shoals is the title. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but I hope to correct that soon.