Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Yeah I had purchased it
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Safety Not Guaranteed. Netflix watch instantly.

Really liked this, can't say the comedic bits worked for me but definitely worth checking out. B+
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I just put the tv show Spaced on my queue - scifi comedy with Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, the new Scotty on Trek). Heard it's pretty good - looking forward to checking it out.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    ctowner1 said:

I just put the tv show Spaced on my queue - scifi comedy with Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, the new Scotty on Trek). Heard it's pretty good - looking forward to checking it out.

e
    L nny

Well, it's not SF, but it IS very good.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Almost done with season 1 of The West Wing. Really, really digging it, but I keep hoping CJ's gonna snap and start screaming at everyone to stop treating her like the slow kid in class. She got a little bit back at the end of the episode where everyone's worried about polling data, but it didn't feel like enough.

I know Aaron Sorkin has a reputation for sometimes treating his female characters with an attitude of "Quiet, pumpkin, the grown-ups are talking," so I've kinda been expecting this, but still... yeesh!
  • Options
    ajcasperiteajcasperite Posts: 221
    The other nite I tried to watch Ghost Rider 2- (electric boogaloo) but could only make it 20-25 minutes in, ugh. I could not watch it anymore. Very bad. To bad he's a cool character. What a waste.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

Well, it's not SF, but it IS very good.

agreed! I'd always thought it was set in outer space! lol nope! :^)

e
    L nny
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Almost done with season 1 of The West Wing. Really, really digging it, but I keep hoping CJ's gonna snap and start screaming at everyone to stop treating her like the slow kid in class. She got a little bit back at the end of the episode where everyone's worried about polling data, but it didn't feel like enough.

I know Aaron Sorkin has a reputation for sometimes treating his female characters with an attitude of "Quiet, pumpkin, the grown-ups are talking," so I've kinda been expecting this, but still... yeesh!

We're about halfway through Season 2. I continue to utterly loathe Josh.

• Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    hauberk said:

We're about halfway through Season 2. I continue to utterly loathe Josh.

I loved the entire cast of characters on WW. Josh could be hard to take at times, especially when his ego got out of hand, but his humanity often enough comes through to make up for his excesses. Toby was the one I had difficulties with, and just when I'd had just about enough of his attitude, they would, once again, reveal his humanity and I'd come away loving the man. Plus, Richard Schiff is a fascinating actor who strikes me, first, as somewhat cold and distant, but then turns that into an asset just before getting hot and passionate.

CJ may seem somewhat like the slow kid early on, but she sharpens up very quickly; she's nobody's fool.
  • Options

I loved the entire cast of characters on WW. Josh could be hard to take at times, especially when his ego got out of hand, but his humanity often enough comes through to make up for his excesses. Toby was the one I had difficulties with, and just when I'd had just about enough of his attitude, they would, once again, reveal his humanity and I'd come away loving the man. Plus, Richard Schiff is a fascinating actor who strikes me, first, as somewhat cold and distant, but then turns that into an asset just before getting hot and passionate.

CJ may seem somewhat like the slow kid early on, but she sharpens up very quickly; she's nobody's fool.

Totally agree. Just a top notch show top to bottom. And you really felt that you were getting to know the characters on a deeper and deeper level as the seasons progress.

One warning tho: Creator Aaron Sorkin leaves the show after the 4th or so season, and the show takes on a bit of a different character. At first I was really not into it - but I think it really rebounded nicely and the later seasons are well worth watching as well.

e
    L nny

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Started watching both He-Man and She-Ra with the kids, working through Futurama and ST;TNG with the wife and chugging away through the selection of rockumentaries.
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    I'm re-watching Ken Burn's The War. I think it's the definitive World War 2 documentary but then again I'm being biased because Ken Burns can do no wrong with me as far as American history documentarians go.
  • Options
    GiannaD11GiannaD11 Posts: 50
    I don't own Netflix anymore but I'm watching the Walking Dead.
  • Options
    Currently watching the second season of New Tricks, a great little light-hearted BBC drama about retired London coppers brought back to work as a special cold-case unit.
  • Options
    I use it every now and again to watch things like Hot Rod, The Walking Dead, Sherlock, and Important Things with Demetri Martin
  • Options

Pretty much my feelings exactly. Josh can be a little grating sometimes, but on the whole I like the character a lot (and I love his interplay with Donna). Toby just mostly annoys me, but your right, he'll just get to the point where I think I kinda hate him and then he lowers his guard just a bit and see what's really motivating him, and that I think we're supposed to kinda hate him a lot of the time and Schiff is doing a really good job in achieving that.
  • Options
    In doing research for my senior thesis I can across a documentary on Netflix called "Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue" which is all about symbolism in horror films. If you're into that sort of thing, it is a really cool doc with some awesome commentators. I believe it is based off of a book as well, if that is more your style.

Also, YAY FOR MY FIRST FORUM POST!

I just started listening a few months ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just finished the second season of Law & Order: UK. Interesting spin on the classic US series.
  • Options

In doing research for my senior thesis I can across a documentary on Netflix called "Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue" which is all about symbolism in horror films. If you're into that sort of thing, it is a really cool doc with some awesome commentators. I believe it is based off of a book as well, if that is more your style.

Also, YAY FOR MY FIRST FORUM POST!

I just started listening a few months ago.

That does sound interesting. Always on the lookout for good documentaries. Thanks for the heads-up.

And welcome!
  • Options
    Last night I streamed Bones Brigade: An Autobiography. Brought back a lot of memories as I used to watch these videos back in my college days. Another fine documentary from Stacy Peralta, a nice companion to Dogtown and Z Boys, and I highly recommend it to any other "retired" skaters out there.
  • Options
    Just an FYI a bunch of Cartoon Network shows including Justice League are now on watch instant
  • Options
    DAR said:

Just an FYI a bunch of Cartoon Network shows including Justice League are now on watch instant

I refer you to the "DC Animated Series have been added to Netflix today" thread.

• Options
    Just finished the National Geographic documentary Madness in the White City about the serial murder spree by H.H. Holmes leading up to and during the Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The book Devil in the White City is far superior, but I continue to be amazed and horrified by this story.
  • Options
    Eureka season 5 is on Netflix now..
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    I've been watching the Justice League cartoon for the first time. Having just watched the introduction to Aquaman (it's a 2 parter) I have a major complaint.

JL Aquaman blows compared to the Outrageous Aquaman of Brave and the Bold.
  • Options
    Just got finished with Ken Burn's documentary series on The Prohibition, and am now expecting Terry Pratchet's Going Postal.

Meanwhile, from my own collection, I'm doing an X-Files marathon.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    My fiancee and I are happy to finally watch Fringe now that Netflix is streaming it. Never watched it when it was on, and I've avoided learning anything about it, so it's all new to us.
  • Options
    Watching the painfully short lived Damien Lewis series Life. Granted, Lewis moved on to Homeland which, I'm told is amazing, but I still wish it had gone on longer.
  • Options
    Watching Justice League Unlimited, Adventure Time, and Batman Brave and the Bold with the kid. Lost, West Wing, and Downtown Abbey with my dog. Standup by Craig Ferguson, Aziz Ansari, Jim Gaffigan, etc with my wife because she's so busy right now with work and school. It's nice to just be able to pop an uncommitted hour long special on and laugh together before returning to our reading chairs or heading to bed.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

My fiancee and I are happy to finally watch Fringe now that Netflix is streaming it. Never watched it when it was on, and I've avoided learning anything about it, so it's all new to us.

It starts off a bit slow but gets A LOT better as s1 goes on. So if you're not wowed by it rigth away, hang in there!

e
    L nny