Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Fantastic Four Reboot. (And Marvel vs. Fox)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    tazmaniak said:

The Wrap is reporting Michael B. Jordan has had several meetings with Fox for the role of Johnny Storm. Jordan recently worked with Fantastic Four's director, Josh Trank, in last year's Chronicle.

The article says securing the role depends upon whether or not he has chemistry with the other actors who are up for roles.

...and if FOX decides that Susan Storm Richards is either black or her brother was adopted or they aren't even related. Leave it to FOX to toy with the idea of tweaking the history of Marvel's first family...
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Matt said:

I actually like Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm/Thing.

M

I Liked him too. If they decide to go with motion capture for the new film, there's no reason they couldn't get Mr Chiklis to do it.
  • Options
    Anyone see this? comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/02/miles-teller-up-for-mr-fantastic-role-in-fantastic-four-reboot/

I guess they are going for a more "Ultimate FF" root. I think its a little sad that because FOX made 2 mediocre movies they feel they have to completely rethink the franchise. It wasn't the concept that was flawed, it was the execution. Even if the reboot is good it won't be a real FF movie. FF isn't about just 4 people with a specific power set, its about a family who happen to be superhero adventurers.

I'm not certain there would ever be a good FF movie in general.

Except The Incredibles.
  • Options
    I really want to see Pixar get their hands on the Fantastic Four.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

For a CGI/Incredibles version? Great, another comic book movie I won't see. I hated the Incredibles.

M
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

For a CGI/Incredibles version? Great, another comic book movie I won't see. I hated the Incredibles.

M
    That's just crazy talk.
  • Options
    rebis said:

Matt said:

M
    That's just crazy talk.
    Having to sit through a Pixar FF movie? Yeah, that IS crazy talk.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

rebis said:

Matt said:

M
    That's just crazy talk.
    Having to sit through a Pixar FF movie? Yeah, that IS crazy talk.

M
    I think Pixar could channel Lee/Kirby and make a very fun FF movie.
  • Options
    I've only ever seen 4 Pixar movies (none by choice) and they just don't do anything for me.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I've only ever seen 4 Pixar movies (none by choice) and they just don't do anything for me.

M

Who hurt you?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tonebone said:

Matt said:

M

Who hurt you?
    The conservative/liberal democrat-republican bastards!

M
  • Options
    Tonebone said:

Matt said:

M

Who hurt you?
    Pixar movies do not do a ton for me either but the prospect of of the company lending their style to a film like that could come up with some insane results. This is not just another incredibles movie because it would feature a franchise that you love. I understand the hesitation, but on the other hand do you really wanna see another FF live action movie?
  • Options

Tonebone said:

Matt said:

M

Who hurt you?
    ...do you really wanna see another FF live action movie?
    YES.

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I still think the FF movies have been fun back then. Fun I say.
  • Options
    I'm good either way. I'd rather have a live-action film, but I don't have any problem with a Pixar version. The one thing Pixar would have in its favor is that it would be likely to have a better written script.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Even a live action FF movie will be all CGI when they use their powers.
  • Options
    What do you guys think the movie should be about? I would personally like to see another five to ten years go by before the franchise is touched again.
  • Options

What do you guys think the movie should be about? I would personally like to see another five to ten years go by before the franchise is touched again.

I'd like to see the reboot and its inevitable sequels revisit Doom, do the Negative Zone/Annihilus, introduce the Inhumans, take on the Frightful Four or real Skrulls, even Molecule Man if it was done interestingly... Really I just want a cool adventure movie in the style of 80's Spielberg, only about a super-powered family. Maybe less of the usual "villain set to destroy everything mankind holds dear" plot that had been reused in CBMs for the decades, but that goes for all comic book movies.

• Options
    That's a good point. FF works best when it's about family and adventure. The villain is almost secondary to that.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Yes, but I was taking about a full length Pixar-ed movie. I couldn't sit through that IF I would even go to see it.

M
  • Options
    rebis said:

That's a good point. FF works best when it's about family and adventure. The villain is almost secondary to that.

Incredibles nailed it. Just sayin'.
    Matt said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Yes, but I was taking about a full length Pixar-ed movie. I couldn't sit through that IF I would even go to see it.

M
    I weep for you. It would be awesome.

If you really REALLY hate Pixar, per se.. try a non-pixar CG movie... How to Train Your Dragon is awesome, as is Paranorman (Which is stop-motion, not CG.). Also, Wreck-It-Ralph and Hotel Transylvania are great. I am 45 years old.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tonebone said:

rebis said:

Incredibles nailed it. Just sayin'.
    Matt said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

M
    I weep for you. It would be awesome.

If you really REALLY hate Pixar, per se.. try a non-pixar CG movie... How to Train Your Dragon is awesome, as is Paranorman (Which is stop-motion, not CG.). Also, Wreck-It-Ralph and Hotel Transylvania are great. I am 45 years old.
    Don't cry for me Argentina...I mean @ToneBone.

Would The Lorax & Shrek count? I didn't care for them either. Truthfully, I'm not a big "family-movie" fan. I've never been. I think that's why I don't like the idea of Daimen in Batman comics, the kid in Superman Returns, or the son in The Legend of Zorro.

I didn't see the movies you mention because I didn't find the plots interesting.

M
  • Options

I'd like to see the reboot and its inevitable sequels revisit Doom, do the Negative Zone/Annihilus, introduce the Inhumans, take on the Frightful Four or real Skrulls, even Molecule Man if it was done interestingly... Really I just want a cool adventure movie in the style of 80's Spielberg, only about a super-powered family. Maybe less of the usual "villain set to destroy everything mankind holds dear" plot that had been reused in CBMs for the decades, but that goes for all comic book movies.

This is interesting, there is a lot more to this franchise than I originally thought. It would be fantastic if the next movie drew more from the Lee Kirby incarnation.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited August 2013
    I'm still mad about the dust cloud.

• Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

This is interesting, there is a lot more to this franchise than I originally thought. It would be fantastic if the next movie drew more from the Lee Kirby incarnation.

I may be wrong, but I think Marvel Studios owns the Inhumans. I know a rumor about them planning an Inhumans film pops up every few months.