Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    NoamNoam Posts: 2
    Hi, My name is Noam Weiss, I am an Israeli and I've been listening to the podcast for about two years now (or so I think, can't really be sure). I work as a computer programmer and I mostly listen to the podcast either driving to\from work or while I'm working.
    So two truths and a lie:

1) The first comic book issue that I've read was an original X-Men #1.
    2) I started reading comics on the first free comic book day.
    3) I started reading conics as a dare.
  • Options

Hey, all. My name is Chad.

I once regrettably shot a pig in the left testicle
    I ate a raw piece of bacon just to see what it tasted like.
    I enjoy black licorice.

I'm saying that #1 is the lie. You really didn't regret it.
  • Options
    The_Ancient_OneThe_Ancient_One Posts: 11
    edited August 2014
    I'm guessing I'm the oldest one on this forum, or close to it.

1. I bought FF #11 off the rack at my local drugstore for 12 cents and I've still got it.
    2. I shook hands with Jimmy Carter.
    3. I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
  • Options

I think @WetRats‌ and I could give you a run for your money.
  • Options

I think @WetRats‌ and I could give you a run for your money.
    Well, I more hobble than run at this point, but I'm game if WetRats is!
  • Options
    mirnellmirnell Posts: 1
    Hiya folks, my name is Sarah, and I'm terrible about communicating online (other than on twitter), but I'm going to try. I've been listening to CGS for a few years now; podcasts are one of my happy places, they make me feel like I have friends, even when I don't have anyone to talk to in person.

Okay, my 2 truths and a lie:

1) I am published in a Doctor Who book.
    2) My favourite character is the Flash.
    3) I have 14 tattoos.
  • Options
    BattrusBattrus Posts: 4
    Hi folks, I'll introduce myself through the game:

1. I'm a writer
    2. I live in the Philippines.

3. I'm female.
  • Options
    Hi All. I've been listening to CGS for a few months now and especially love the Spotlight episodes (who doesn't?). I wrote up a review on my blog that sums up my thoughts on the show: http://exploringmarvelu.blogspot.com/2014/09/podcast-review-comic-geek-speak.html

So, 2 truths and 1 lie:

1. I live in NJ
    2. I love reading digital comics
    2. I think Man of Steel was a terrible movie
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Josh, been a comics fan since the early 90s, and a CGS fan since 2012. I know, I'm a newbie. I'm mainly a Marvel guy, but I love learning about the histories of characters I never thought I cared for. Until CGS that is.

1)I recently moved from New Jersey to Oregon
    2)I have never seen a single episode of the 60s Batman show.
    3)I'm a huge sports fan.
  • Options
    I'm Brett Thompson, owner or Eon Comic Art Boards.
    Here are my 2 Truths and a Lie... you pick which is the lie...

1. When I was 10, I made my first tandem skydive jump.
    2. When I was 19, I was in a movie where I played the eldest son of 18 children mothered by Mary Steenburgen.
    3. When I was 21, I started Eon Comic Art Boards after being frustrated with poor quality of available comic art boards. www.eonprod.com
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Eonprez said:

I'm Brett Thompson, owner or Eon Comic Art Boards.
    Here are my 2 Truths and a Lie... you pick which is the lie...

1. When I was 10, I made my first tandem skydive jump.
    2. When I was 19, I was in a movie where I played the eldest son of 18 children mothered by Mary Steenburgen.
    3. When I was 21, I started Eon Comic Art Boards after being frustrated with poor quality of available comic art boards. www.eonprod.com

welcome. I'm going with #2 on that list.
  • Options
    Hello!, I just became a member, nice to meet you all :D

I make comic books about bear hugs and gut punching, visit-> Loco Flex Comics

OK, two truths and a lie:
    - I am a ninja.
    - I am way stronger than I look.
    - I am a vampire.

Best regards.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    LocoFlex said:

Hello!, I just became a member, nice to meet you all :D

I make comic books about bear hugs and gut punching, visit-> Loco Flex Comics

OK, two truths and a lie:
    - I am a ninja.
    - I am way stronger than I look.
    - I am a vampire.

Best regards.

welcome! keep your teeth to yourself.
  • Options
    Hello , my name is David Weidenbenner. Just joined the forum, but I've been listening to CGS for around 4 years now and love learning about new things to read from you guys. I will always read something once and then decide if it deserves to feed my furance or grace my bookshelf

My two truths and a lie.

1)My actual job is to catch bad guys.
    2)My cat's name is Natasha
    3)I met my wife at my first comic con.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Corey Neighbors, and I've been listening to CGS since May of 2011, but I just now decided to join the forums. I've been a Marvel fan for as long as I can remember, but this podcast has given me an appreciation for DC that I never thought I would have. Anyway, without further ado, here are my two truths and a lie.

1) I think Tobey Maguire was a better Peter Parker/Spider-Man than Andrew Garfield
    2) I think The Dark Knight Rises should never have been made
    3) I think Man of Steel was the best Superman movie
  • Options
    Hello CGS community!

My name is Chris Cocking and I've been a CGS listener since 2010. I love the show and am happy to finally dive into this community forum and geek out with you all! I work in advertising and i play bass in a jazz/funk band called Biofeedback. I've been reading comics (DC & Marvel) since the late 70s. I managed a comic shop called the Dragon's Den in Yonkers NY in the early 2000s and used to work for the orignal wizardworld.com, back when it was still directly operated by Wizard Magazine.

Two truths and a lie:

1) I was once body slammed by the Ultimate Warrior at a comic convention.
    2) John DeLancie tells a story about me in the documentary Trekkies.
    3) I own a Detective Comics #38, which my grandfather bought from a newstand back when it was originally released in 1940.
  • Options
    1.) My favorite comic book character is Batman.

2.) I've never read any issues of Superman.

3.) I'm a huge Transformers fan.
  • Options
    TrineTrine Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Hello, my name is Trine, and I come from Norway. I have recently started listening to CGS, and it has quickly become one of my morning rituals. I have been into comics since the 90s (well, whatever I could get my hands on in the Norwegians shops. Very limited). I am almost fluent in English, but I do have some grammatical challenges, and do not be afraid to point them out to me.

Two truths and one lie.

1. I am currently reading Swamp Thing (by Alan Moore).
    2. I have nine fingers, like Frodo.
    3. I have recently started writing my thesis.
  • Options
    Hello Fellow Fans!
    My name is Phil. I, amongst the many masses of THE MOVEMENT know as THE MOVEMENT (IE: Comic Book Lovers United) Lol....., have been reading comics since the early teenage years. Earliest recollection is going up to the corner store as a kid and picking up my GI Joe book distributed by, I believe Marvel. Anyhow....I am a College Graduate earning my Masters Degree in Historical Studies: Pop-Culture/WW2/American History. I am currently teaching a course on Graphic Novels as Literary Merit at a HS in the St. Louis area.
    Some small points about me....I love to chatter!
    Loves: SIMPLE-----Comics! That's why I am introing myself!
    Hello All! And hope to meet quite a many of YOU! :-)

• Options
    Hii all joined to talk comics am glad to be here with you all :)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    HalJrdn74 said:

Hello Fellow Fans!
    My name is Phil. I, amongst the many masses of THE MOVEMENT know as THE MOVEMENT (IE: Comic Book Lovers United) Lol....., have been reading comics since the early teenage years. Earliest recollection is going up to the corner store as a kid and picking up my GI Joe book distributed by, I believe Marvel. Anyhow....I am a College Graduate earning my Masters Degree in Historical Studies: Pop-Culture/WW2/American History. I am currently teaching a course on Graphic Novels as Literary Merit at a HS in the St. Louis area.

Welcome aboard @HalJrdn74‌ !
  • Options
    David_D said:

Welcome aboard!
    TY nice to meet you :)
    David_D said:

HalJrdn74 said:

Hello Fellow Fans!

• Options
    David_D said:

Welcome aboard!

David_D said:

Welcome aboard!
    TY nice to meet you :)
    David_D said:

HalJrdn74 said:

Hello Fellow Fans!

welcome aboard :)

• Options
    SpydesSpydes Posts: 35
    Hi everyone!

Excited to be joining the forums and look forward to exchanging thoughts on all things geek and hopefully making some new friends in the process. My comic back story is that I didn't actually engage in reading comics until about a year ago, well into my adult life. I had always had an interest in geeky things (e.g. gaming, quirky movies, etc.), but for whatever reason never picked up many comic books as a young kid. Lucky for me, I was inspired by the incredible storytelling of modern television and movies (The Walking Dead and Avengers, specifically) to research the comic genre and I can tell you that my life will never be the same! I have dived headfirst into the hobby, visiting several regional cons and becoming a regular at my local shops.

I am by no means an expert yet, but that actually adds to my enthusiasm because there are so many great things to explore. I have found the CGS podcasts to be very valuable resources in enriching my understanding of what is available and worthy. Plus the vibe of the shows are so welcoming that you feel like you are among longtime friends as you listen.

I can't wait to use the forums to learn even more about comics (and other geek culture), and pledge to always bring a positive and friendly perspective to the boards.

Look forward to hearing from you all!
  • Options
    Hello im chad from oil city,pa and i have been listening for a few yrs but decided to finally join the forums
  • Options
    I'm a ninja sent from the future that currently goes by the name of Todd. In my spare time; which is very little considering I am always honing my ninja skills, I read a lot of classical literature. I also recently started reading comics after a long hiatus.

1. Spawn is the first comic I ever read.
    2. I once met Philip K. Dick.
    3. I skipped two years of high school and graduated early.
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Mark and like Todd that posted on here before me I am from the future but I am not a ninja I am actually from a rival pirate clan. We are known as the Pirate Guild of the Americas or PGA for short but I'm not sure for how much longer we can go by that a bunch of golfers are suing us over the PGA part and its not looking good for us. I mean yes we are evil pirates but they have lawyers and you don't want to screw with lawyers. I'm actually not officially a pirate since I cant swim I cant have full membership, some kind of silly pirate qualifications, but I do run and get their lunch when they come to shore so that's cool and pretty close to being a pirate. Since I am from the future my two truths and a lie will be about life in the future.

1. The sun still rises and sets jut like it always has.

2. Global warming kicked into high gear so the oceans are much larger which has led to the boom in the pirating industry.

3. Marvel and DC fanboys have stopped arguing about which is better and now just enjoy great storytelling and art no matter which for profit corporation the material is produced by.
  • Options
    Hi, Brian Philbin, here. Failthful listener since 2005. I've been reading comics since I was 4 and have traversed from the mid-Silver Age to present. I've been collecting since I was 8 and have two girls who love comic books & a wife who really appreciates my hobbies.

Two truths and a lie, huh? But not in that order, I expect. I'll try to think of items you won't be able to figure out:

1. I've been traveling the world for the past 17 years with my barbershop quartet.
    2. I've appeared on TV with Dick Van Dyke.
    3. I can't eat pizza.