Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

So, are these guys accepting applications for their new addition to staff, or ... ?

TIME: "NASA Has No Time for Your Astrology Nonsense"

I miss Joe Kelly's Zodiac, from Dark Reign.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

So, are these guys accepting applications for their new addition to staff, or ... ?

Is that the one that killed the old group? If it is I really enjoyed him. I felt like Marvel never used him though.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Is that the one that killed the old group? If it is I really enjoyed him. I felt like Marvel never used him though.
    Yes, it was. He appeared in a Heroic Age one-shot and a mini series that introduced the current Ms. America. He alluded to things he was planning. They never happened.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Man, I hope @mwhitt80 wasn't eating during the Tennesee/Georgia game.
  • Options
    Oops my bad. The New Zodiac was Joe Casey.

Which he created before going to DC and killing the book Superman/Batman.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Westworld tonight
  • Options

Man, I hope @mwhitt80 wasn't eating during the Tennesee/Georgia game.

I'll be honest when Jacob Easom threw the interception at 2:30, I decided that I could have a better a time tucking my daughter in bed (wasn't wrong btw). So I actually thought ESPN had the wrong score when I checked it after bed time.

When I saw the last play all I could think was this is What happens when a former coach recruits 5'8 corners in a world of 6'5 receivers.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Every week there's about a couple dozen knuckleheads wearing football jerseys at church. I thought I would join in on the fun.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Westworld definitely had enough intrigue to get me back. Also checked out the IMDB page Ed Brubaker is credited as a writer on one episode.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2016
    The frst episode of Timeless was on NBC last night and it was really, really good.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Ok couple of random things.

Space-X exploding due to sabotage is the best conspiracy going right now.

However my favorite conspiracy of the last 10 years is when I found out our President Barack Obama is a Chrononaught that helped establish a forward base on Mars to defend against alien invasion.

Ric Flair has a new podcast, and he possibly gave Halle Barry a ride on Spaçe Mountain (post Dave Justice divorce).

I started exercising again for the first time in a while (I was starting back in may, but our summer happened and threw everything out of whack). Apparently I am so fat now I broke the wheel on my elliptical machine. So one more thing I had to replace; the freaking wheel was $80.00 with shipping.

I might have stumbled across a bootleg copy of Lucha Underground season 2. I also might be finishing a bootleg copy of season 1 as I exercise. So two things were possibly put on hold when my equipment malfunctioned.

Finally if you haven't filled your 2015 tax return please remember that final deadline is October 15.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

Ok couple of random things.

Space-X exploding due to sabotage is the best conspiracy going right now.

However my favorite conspiracy of the last 10 years is when I found out our President Barack Obama is a Chrononaught that helped establish a forward base on Mars to defend against alien invasion.

Ric Flair has a new podcast, and he possibly gave Halle Barry a ride on Spaçe Mountain (post Dave Justice divorce).

I started exercising again for the first time in a while (I was starting back in may, but our summer happened and threw everything out of whack). Apparently I am so fat now I broke the wheel on my elliptical machine. So one more thing I had to replace; the freaking wheel was $80.00 with shipping.

I might have stumbled across a bootleg copy of Lucha Underground season 2. I also might be finishing a bootleg copy of season 1 as I exercise. So two things were possibly put on hold when my equipment malfunctioned.

Finally if you haven't filled your 2015 tax return please remember that final deadline is October 15.

Well, if any post is appropriately at home anywhere in these here forums threads, this one is.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Lots of random thoughts. I didn't even go into my ridiculous Amazon/Internet purchases from the last few weeks.
    Amazon
    Able Team 1-3
    Phoenix Force 1-3
    Executioner #14
    I've got two reading goals right now: 1) read the Executioner books actually written by Don Pendleton and 2) figure out how in the heck Able Team got out of jail. Those guys got arrested for helping to kill like 200 mafia suits.

One piece silicone straws because little people can't handle two piece silicone straws.

Ronin and Ninja Assassin on Blu-ray and DVD because sometimes you just need awesome.

From elsewhere being shipped to my office and slowly creeping into my house unnoticed:

a Shimano Tallus fishing rod

some speciality hooks and lures:
    The lures etc are the easiest to integrate into my tackle box unnoticed; the wife has started noticing new additions to my rods and reels. I don't hide things from her; I just don't go out of my way to bring attention to certain purchases.

Hawaiian Dick volume 3

• Options
    Life Tip to the kids

If one does utilize using a shipping point other than your home to circumvent unwanted and unwarranted scrutiny, you have to be more than ok overlooking your spouse's purchases and be generous enough to approve purchases she may ask/tell you about WITH minimal complaints. Even if it you need to put stuff on hold for a while to make her happy.
    It is the only fair and reasonable to deal with the situation.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

Life Tip to the kids

If one does utilize using a shipping point other than your home to circumvent unwanted and unwarranted scrutiny, you have to be more than ok overlooking your spouse's purchases and be generous enough to approve purchases she may ask/tell you about WITH minimal complaints. Even if it you need to put stuff on hold for a while to make her happy.

Along with your alternate shipping points, do you also have mutiple email accounts and phones? Is this a Tiger Woods type situation? :smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

mwhitt80 said:

Life Tip to the kids

Along with your alternate shipping points, do you also have mutiple email accounts and phones? Is this a Tiger Woods type situation? :smile:
    Who shares an email account? ;)

I'm trying to keep a peaceful house, not get a second one.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

mwhitt80 said:

Life Tip to the kids

Who shares an email account? ;)

I'm trying to keep a peaceful house, not get a second one.
    I had a coworker who shared an email account with her husband. The marriage ended quickly when she started noticing emails from various "interactive adult websites" that her husband was signing up for.
  • Options
    Blue Jays win tonight sets up round 2

• Options
    Slow day. I guess.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

Slow day. I guess.

Alright, I'll play.

- If this cough doesn't go away soon I'm going to take a hostage. Sadly, the cough has crippled me enough that any hostage I took could easily overpower me and get away.

- I am *still* playing Pokemon Go.

- Drawlloween has been fun so far. Daily drawing challenges in general are fun.

- Man it's a looooong wait for my monthly DCBS shipment.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I went through my monthly shipment in a one day marathon. Four weeks to my next. I know how you feel @Torchsong. Was a fun day though!
  • Options
    I'm a week out on dcbs. I went to second week shipping.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I'm a week out on dcbs. I went to second week shipping.

I still dream of the day the UK will have a DCBS.
  • Options
    Anyone else on that Quidd app here?? If so add me, same handle.
  • Options
    Ric Flair was there is my favorite fan page on Facebook
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Ric Flair was there is my favorite fan page on Facebook

I just checked this out and it is amazing.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

What does it do?
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

What does it do?
    It's one of these apps where you collect 'stickers' and 'cards' for various franchises. Valiant, DC, Star Trek, Firefly etc... some pretty cool stickers to incorporate to your keyboard. A lot of people spend silly money, but you get free coins to, which is what I use. Passes some time if you have nothing better to do.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Well, my aunt & uncle managed to get out of Jacksonville before the hurricane. Last we heard, they were somewhere in Alabama.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    My elliptical wheel came in and has been fixed so I'm back on it baby!

Fishing rod has been brought into the house unnoticed.

Lucha Underground is still awesome.

Brings me to the diet. not like I'm going on a diet, but what I eat on a normal daily basis diet. I'm back to 85℅ vegetarian, as much as I love grilling and smoking and eating pork and beef, my favorite eating habits is lots of veggies and a little chicken (not 100% true I'd eat rice and beans 2 out of 3 meals every day if I didn't have a minor allergy to rice). So I'm back on the train.