Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    @mwhitt80

"Fishing rod has been brought into the house unnoticed" sounds like it should be the scenario for a silent film that Buster Keaton could have made.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited October 2016
    David_D said:

@mwhitt80

"Fishing rod has been brought into the house unnoticed" sounds like it should be the scenario for a silent film that Buster Keaton could have made.

For whatever reason that made me think it was closer to Buster Keaton than Benny Hill. Woah Boy did that scenario go off the rails quickly.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Question for you all.
    I'm looking to sell some of my copies of Batman, The Dark Knight Returns. Where do I find the text telling me what printing the book is? I assumed that it's on the inside front cover, but I don't know if that's consistent for all of the books. Also, I'm assuming that if the printing isn't given, it's a 1st Printing book?

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    aquatroy said:

Question for you all.
    I'm looking to sell some of my copies of Batman, The Dark Knight Returns. Where do I find the text telling me what printing the book is? I assumed that it's on the inside front cover, but I don't know if that's consistent for all of the books. Also, I'm assuming that if the printing isn't given, it's a 1st Printing book?

Thanks everyone.

Depending on the year of publication there are a couple of ways to determine if a book is a first edition first printing. The first way is on the copyright page (the page right after the title page) there will be a string of numbers from 10 to 1. This denotes that it is a first edition First printing. Some publishers actually state the words 'first edition' or 'first printing' on the copyright page. Another method of identification is the number line – that's a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it's a first edition.

You can also see this: http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-To-Dertermine-a-First-Edition-First-Printing-/10000000001530363/g.html
  • Options
    edited October 2016

aquatroy said:

Question for you all.

Thanks everyone.

Depending on the year of publication there are a couple of ways to determine if a book is a first edition first printing. The first way is on the copyright page (the page right after the title page) there will be a string of numbers from 10 to 1. This denotes that it is a first edition First printing. Some publishers actually state the words 'first edition' or 'first printing' on the copyright page. Another method of identification is the number line – that's a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it's a first edition.

You can also see this: http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-To-Dertermine-a-First-Edition-First-Printing-/10000000001530363/g.html
    There's nothing like this in my copies of
    I do see a 2nd or 3rd Printing on the inside front cover of some of my issues. I'm assuming that the copies without this text are 1st Printings.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

There's nothing like this in my copies of
    I do see a 2nd or 3rd Printing on the inside front cover of some of my issues. I'm assuming that the copies without this text are 1st Printings.

Take a look here: http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/21/24855/dark-knight-returns-1-first-print/all

I think you can be confident you have a first printing.

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I've had that Long Live the Chief song from Luke Cage in my head the past week
  • Options
    Baseball talk:

Brian Snitker just got hired as the Braves GM. I'm happy with that.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Hollywood is making an emoji movie. I have nothing
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Haven't had this much fun on the forums in weeks.

Months?

Me, either.

:tongue:
  • Options
    I don't suppose anyone is still in touch with Ellipsis (Rick)?
  • Options
    Any Jamie Madrox (aka Multiple Man) fans reading Death of X?
  • Options
    Has anyone read Boom's Bill and Ted comics?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ridiculous random events for the moment

Bill and Ted internet dive. Bill and Ted had a live action TV show? How do I get those DVDs, and do they follow up the terrible cartoon?

Most of my recent purchases are in, including my Japanese fishing reel.

I've actually read a few comics this month.

The tax man cometh Monday. Remember they can make your life heck for not paying, but they can throw you in jail for fraud and not filing.

Wife and daughter are out of town on vacation, i've got to work thanks Woodrow Wilson.

New habit I've picked up. Whenever I'm listening to lecture or podcast and they mention a movie, album, book that is important to them even if I'm not interested in it I write it down.

I love that Rob Van Dam is so spaced out. He's like the wrestling version of Bill Walton.
  • Options
    Animators from Nova Scotia created this episode by re-making all the scenes from 1967's 'Vulture's Prey' in their own personal styles. Produced for the 2015-2016 'Nocturne At Night' Arts Festival, in collaboration with the Digital Animators of Nova Scotia.

• Options
    Top one things to hear that ruin reading James Bond. Henchmen by Kirby Crackle.

Which brings me think of a YouTube show never seen. Contractors. It basically follows the old joke of how the Rebels killed tens of thousands subcontractors on the Death Star 2. A worker starts telling the story of his/her kid or something similar only interrupted by lando blowing the shit out of them.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited October 2016

This is a couple of panels from a recent, Dan Slott written, issue of Silver Surfer. Love it.

Edit: It's a One More Day knock if you didn't figure it out.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Top one things to hear that ruin reading James Bond. Henchmen by Kirby Crackle.

Bookmark these:

https://youtu.be/CPmjN4NfprA

https://youtu.be/w1EHN4CF-ls

Had the vinyl LPs as a kid. Wrote an espionage short story in pencil to these.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Why do superheroes buy knee high boots if thy're just going to fold them over?
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

There's also the odd chance of having to make an escape on horseback.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mr_Cosmic said:

A handy place to hide wallets and keys without unsightly bulges in the spandex or silly-ass 90s pouches.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about things I've missed on the forums since @WetRats came back.

I've missed @dubbat138 ridiculous reading challenge. you never had a clue what was going to be next.
  • Options
    Hawks start real ball on October 27. Go Hawks.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

I've been thinking about things I've missed on the forums since @WetRats came back.

I've missed @dubbat138 ridiculous reading challenge. you never had a clue what was going to be next.

I think I might start my own reading challenge if @dubbat138 does not resurrect his own.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

I think I might start my own reading challenge if @dubbat138 does not resurrect his own.
    I miss the cancellation cavalcade from @Chuck_Melville. I enjoy the occasional sales report commentary.

Unfortunately, I don't think Chuck has been on these forums since around the first of the year. I keep wondering if some folks are still trying to visit the www.thecomicforums.com and presuming that the site is permanently down.
  • Options
    Do the cgs guys still own the domain?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

mwhitt80 said:

I miss the cancellation cavalcade from @Chuck_Melville. I enjoy the occasional sales report commentary.

Unfortunately, I don't think Chuck has been on these forums since around the first of the year. I keep wondering if some folks are still trying to visit the www.thecomicforums.com and presuming that the site is permanently down.
    At least they are giving the updated address in each episode. Hopefully guys like Chuck are stll listening.