Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Happy Thanksgiving folks, hope you and yours have a great and safe holiday.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    DAR said:

Happy Thanksgiving image

THOSE ARE NOT PILLOWS
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Rest in peace Ron Glass. I will always remember you most as Detective Harris, thank you for the many years of entertainment.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Well that was an unproductive weekend for fishing. I got zero in.

So we did put up Christmas trees, put some other decorations up, and did some fabric shopping with my wife.

Odd thing about fabric shopping my wife always takes me. I can't sew, Im not a snazzy dresser, and I'm a terrible interior decorator, but for whatever reason I can visualize how patterns/colors/prints/designs go together really well. I'm good at it; I don't know how or why, I just am.

Overall it was a pretty good holiday weekend; I'm not sure how Christmas will be this year. But I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

You were supposed to make something up if you didn't catch anything. You’re going against centuries’ old tradition here. Have you no sense of duty? ;)

Glad you had a good time at least.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

mwhitt80 said:

You were supposed to make something up if you didn't catch anything. You’re going against centuries’ old tradition here. Have you no sense of duty? ;)

Glad you had a good time at least.
    I think I didn't write my statement clearly. I'm more than willing to fudge a few facts add an extra 6 inches or 3 feet, maybe few (dozen) pounds. I didn't even get to wet a hook over the break.

The gods of chaos and mundane housework conspired against your brave hero. Lo did he in vain press forward against the raging maw. And lo did he strike out with a myriad of blows against domesticity.

But a thousand woes fell upon the hero, gusts from the fridged god buffeted and chilled him, and yet he sallied forth to Neptune's abode.

Full-bodied blows of seasonal custom and womanly lots rained upon the hero's head like strikes from the crop of the master. Yet he crept ever forward to Pisces call.

Alas our hero was struck down, not from the great dragon, or fiercest bear sow, or even dreadful sleep that comes at such a time as this. No his quest to fill his lungs with briney air of freedom was ended not by giants, but the smallest conspirator. A betrayer of surpassing cuteness and dangerous guile. One filled with craftiness hidden deeply behind a facade of familiarity. One who fears not the words of power or the mortal threads in which they weave. One who utters those powers equally in joy and rage.

For lo our hero's journey halted by the smallest, whose shadow dwarfs the even the mighty Titans. For in her need she cried out to the primal forces that bind this earth and all in it. In her plea to forces that run wilder and deeper than understanding, she shattered the hero's vainglorious pilgrimage.

Daddy I love you, let's watch Scooby-Dooby-Doo and play animals
  • Options
  • Options
    I was listening to a podcast put out by the ajc with GaTech basketball coach Josh Pastner and learned that his father has the only reel-to-reel footage of Wilt Chamberlain's 100pt game. Josh's father was a manager for the 76ers and he/Josh's grandfather filmed the game from the 2nd on.

Anyway Josh's dad gave the film to Wilt's mom as a present (he was friends with Wilt); when she passed Wilt gave the film to Pastner's grandfather. It's been sitting in a storage unit that belongs to Josh's dad since the grandfather passed.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    "Wet my hook" is my new favorite euphemism.
  • Options
    David_D said:

"Wet my hook" is my new favorite euphemism.

A blonde walked into a bar and ordered a double entendre.
    So the bartender gave it to her.
  • Options
    I broke out my Beach Party DVD set last night (dont judge). Ski Party is not that great, but it has some highlight moments.
    Such as...

Yvonne Craig with dark hair. Yowza.
    Annette looking foxy as all get out in her cameo.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Some mornings just feel like a Tom Waits song.
  • Options
    While getting sidetracked on crazy alien plots, Greys, Reptilians, and Nordics, i learned a new term (also it sounds like it could be the name of a terrible garage band or a comic idea) Esoteric Hitlerism.

It's basically a theory about nazis that combines Chariot of the Gods with Conan the Barbarian and Pagan ideas. Truly amazing.

Everytime I begin to lose faith in the human race I come to the realization that somebody somewhere believes that Hitler, a descendant of Hyborians, met with aliens at the center of the earth.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mwhitt80 said:

While getting sidetracked on crazy alien plots, Greys, Reptilians, and Nordics, i learned a new term (also it sounds like it could be the name of a terrible garage band or a comic idea) Esoteric Hitlerism.

It's basically a theory about nazis that combines Chariot of the Gods with Conan the Barbarian and Pagan ideas. Truly amazing.

Everytime I begin to lose faith in the human race I come to the realization that somebody somewhere believes that Hitler, a descendant of Hyborians, met with aliens at the center of the earth.

Is that somehow intended to be restorative?

As I drove home yesterday, I bore witness to a vehicle with a decidedly un-ironically displayed InfoWars window sticker. My reaction was a mix between Santa in the "They Do Exist" M&M commercial and Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live.

Far more disturbing than palliative.
  • Options
    DAR said:

Hollywood is making an emoji movie. I have nothing

Why??????
  • Options

DAR said:

Hollywood is making an emoji movie. I have nothing

Why??????
    :confounded:
  • Options
    Hey, guys and gals... my new game launches tuesday... It's for PSVR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive, and you can play cross-platform with others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBb1LgtITc

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Dammmmnn Westworld
  • Options
    Westworld was phenomenal.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

Westworld was phenomenal.

Those last four or five episodes. Some of the best tv I've watched all year. Class!
  • Options
    This is pretty funny. Here's Dolores, William, and Logan doing an awesome dubsmash:

• Options
    Evan Rachel Wood is easy to love
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    The family was watching Hairspray last night. Those live theater things on TV are so much better with an audience.
    I've also been listening to the soundtrack to My Fair Lady. This is probably just me, but I would love to see The Shat playing Henry Higgins.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Small town Christmas parades are the best

Edit: Walmart put a lit up semi in the parade.

We were giving candy back to the kids in parade. No responsible parent should let an almost 3 year old have that much candy.
  • Options
    Watched Aladdin for the umpteenth time. Easily my favorite Disney film.
  • Options
    Chilly night too be outdoors
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    mwhitt80 said:

Chilly night too be outdoors

Really? Got to -6 here.. 5 right now
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Wow. Colin Kaepernick really sucks. SF lost to the NY Jets today, bringing their season record to 1-12.

This is the attendance at the stadium today in SF (from an ESPN reporter's Twitter feed).

What's that look like? 3000 people, maybe? Ugh.
  • Options
    Tom Brady couldn't save that team. Terrible offensive line (partly due to injuries), bad defense, unimaginative offensive coordinator—the 49ers have more problems than just Kaepernick.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited December 2016
    Somehow they are still better than the Browns who are now 0-13 and have lost 31 out of the last 34 games.