Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    The Falcons laid down a beating.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Gonna come down to the Bucs or the Dirty Birds as to who takes the South. My Saints are out barring an absolute miracle, so we'll just have to settle for Brees breaking another dozen records this year. :)
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Me doing secret cosplay at the Ministry Leaders Christmas Party.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    There's a rumor that Joe Books, a Canadian publisher with a solid line in Disney-licensed comics, has bagged another noteworthy license.

Harvey Comics. i.e. Casper the Friendly Ghost, Richie Rich, Wendy The Good Little Witch, Hot Stuff, Little Dot, Sad Sack, etc.

Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani are just a couple of the creators being tasked with a revival the classic characters. And while that sounds intriguing given the updates DC has been experimenting with Hanna-Barbera properties, I'd personally be more interested in a collected edition of Hot Stuff or Spooky & the Ghostly Trio, but we'll see.

Speaking of DC & Hanna-Barbera, this also seemed noteworthy...

DC’s Heroes & Hanna-Barbera will crossover in DC's March annuals (click pic for more).
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited December 2016
    Deadpool being placed, by the Foreign Press Association, in the following company:
    La La Land
    20th Century Women
    Sing Street
    Florence Foster Jenkins
    Deadpool
    Is perhaps the most Deadpool thing to ever happen.
  • Options
    Everytime I go to a tax seminar i become a little more anarchist.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Listening to Bill Simmons podcast with Gucci Mane. On the Internet rumor that the CIA cloned Gucci Mane and it was really the Cline running around free now.

BS "If your clone were real what would you have him do?"

GM "I damn sure would have had him do those 3 years."

I love Atlanta rappers
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Well, Bismarck is supposed to get hit with another snow storm on Friday followed by temperatures dropping to nearly -50F.

Suffice to say; I'm probably not going to see Rogue One this weekend.
  • Options
    While listening to Pick Soup (a hockey podcast). On the topic of Taylor Ham vs. Case Porkroll rivalry.

Greg Wyshynski "This has got some sort of Willy Wonka connotations"

Dan Pashman (The Sporkful) "Yes it's like Willy Wonka, but with lots of meat".

Side note: Puck Soup is a great podcast.
  • Options
    2016 has taken another one...
    RIP Craig Sager.

:disappointed:
  • Options
    So a podcast popped up in my feed with a topic worth discussing, but not threading.

Best Starwars video game?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    1) Tie Fighter - I love X-Wing, but Tie Fighter was a better game.

2) Dark Forces - I spent so much time playing this. It was so much fun.

3) Battlefront 2 - This is more of a matter of taste. I'm not sure this is objectively better than Battlefront, but I played 2 so much more. And have enjoyed trash talking/whooping my 8-18 year old cousins in the most recent version. They kill me in all but 2 games Battlefront and Madden.

4) Racer - This is the greatest thing to come out of Episode One. A podracing game, the console was great, but where it shined was in the arcade. Racer isn't just a great star wars game, but one of the best racing games ever made.

5) Lego Star Wars
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    The only Star Wars game I remember playing was the one on the N64. Can't even remember what it was called, only that I loved the Hoth level.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

The only Star Wars game I remember playing was the one on the N64. Can't even remember what it was called, only that I loved the Hoth level.

Shadows of the Empire (circa 1996), maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZTujpPvptU
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited December 2016
    Hands down:

Here's a game play video:
    https://youtu.be/iXOTExRQJSE

So many nostalgia feels. So many quarters spent. So many trench runs made. :smile: I'd love to play this again, but I don't think it would be the same if it were ported to a new system. Part of the draw was the enclosed cabinet and the dual grip controller. I suppose a PS4 controller may functionally be able to work. But that cabinet! 8-year old me felt like I was actually piloting my own X-wing.

This one was pretty sweet too:

I loved X-Wing and Tie Fighter too.

And before the film there was also a Rogue One video game that was kind of like the old animated Dragon's Lair game with a lot of cut scenes that happen in-between the action. I can't find anything online for it that's not from the film, so you'll have to trust me on this.

More recently, Battlefront 2 (PS2), Battlefront (PS2).

For all the flack that Star Wars Battlefront (PS4) has gotten for not being a complete game with playable missions and such, it is a fun game to just throw on and get some aggression out. I too wish it had a story line, but I'm also happy that it's kind of like a plug-and-play as well. No long term investment.

I played the Star Wars Battle Pod last year at a local Dave & Busters, and while it was fun, I almost got sick. Takes the Atari game (at the top of the post) and brings it into the 21st century.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    That was a fun game. Most Star Wars games are fun; there are about 6 different games I could add to my list
  • Options
    Knights of the Old Republic. This was the prequel I wanted but didn't get.
  • Options

luke52 said:

That was the Rogue One game I was talking about! It was called Rogue One on the PC anyway. I swear I wore grooves into the CD-ROM of that on my dad's computer. I think I remember seeing the box in my dad's office the last time I was over at his house.
  • Options
    So, yesterday morning I received a text from my brother saying that my birthday present from him would arrive that day...It did, just one tiny problem...

The case broke.

Thankfully, I managed to find a backup case in the form of a movie I had doubles of:

So now my copy of Thor: The Dark World is in the same case as the DVD & Digitial copies of Angels & Demons.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    How does one follow up playing Doctor Who and The Purple Man? Naturally:

https://youtu.be/zZek9PFMYOw

When I saw this was announced, I was excited. This cements it. Great cast!
  • Options
    edited December 2016

So, yesterday morning I received a text from my brother saying that my birthday present from him would arrive that day...It did, just one tiny problem...

The case broke.

Thankfully, I managed to find a backup case in the form of a movie I had doubles of:

So now my copy of Thor: The Dark World is in the same case as the DVD & Digitial copies of Angels & Demons.

Do you want some slim line cases? I've got singles and doubles. I'll send them to you tomorrow. I'm moving all my movies into DVD cases (it makes it way easier for thieves).

I'll take some pictures of my current room and post them before I start to pull everything apart.

Edit: I'm being 100% serious. My wife and I switched our DVDs to slim line cases about 8 years ago to save space. I'm getting rid of them and moving my DVDs and Blu rays to 400 cases. So when the cases come in next week; I'm going to have about 200 singles and 250 doubles (great sequels, special editions, and Blu ray/DVD combo packs). The singles are about 1/2 as wide as a DVD case, and the doubles are still thinner than Blu ray case. They are the same height as a standard DVD case.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

luke52 said:

Yeah, that looks right. Loved that game!
  • Options
    Anyone see the premiere of Justice League Action on Cartoon Network last night? It was pretty cool, basically Justice League with a dash of Batman: Brave & the Bold.

I like the Superman design better now that I've seen the whole figure. No red trunks, but the bright red boots, the bright yellow belt, and having more yellow in the “S” shield (it's a bit more like the Golden Age shield design) gives the costume much more balance than the New 52 design. The Wonder Woman and Batman designs are so-so, but I kind of like the Martian Manhunter design—a much friendlier look.

Didn't like Mark Hamill’s voice for Swamp Thing—too normal—or Dana Snyder’s voice for Plastic Man, which was almost identical to his voice for Master Shake and just didn't blend well with the other voices. But other than that, it’s pretty much what I was hoping it would be.
  • Options
    Everyone ready for Christmas?
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Anyone see the premiere of Justice League Action on Cartoon Network last night? It was pretty cool, basically Justice League with a dash of Batman: Brave & the Bold.

I like the Superman design better now that I've seen the whole figure. No red trunks, but the bright red boots, the bright yellow belt, and having more yellow in the “S” shield (it's a bit more like the Golden Age shield design) gives the costume much more balance than the New 52 design. The Wonder Woman and Batman designs are so-so, but I kind of like the Martian Manhunter design—a much friendlier look.

Didn't like Mark Hamill’s voice for Swamp Thing—too normal—or Dana Snyder’s voice for Plastic Man, which was almost identical to his voice for Master Shake and just didn't blend well with the other voices. But other than that, it’s pretty much what I was hoping it would be.

Lots of fun Easter eggs throughout the show. A fun time-killer for sure, @nweathington. That Batman and Superman video game fight between Cyborg and Toyman was the first time I've seen that 'Superman 2' power-move referenced anywhere. (2:34)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv1NFtYhWwI
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    edited December 2016
    While doing dishes I found it amusing that scullery sounds like you're doing something really cool.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Anyone have an Amazon Echo or the Echo Dot? We have a thing at work were can be rewarded points if someone recogonizes good work that we've done. If you accumulate points you can purchase various items. I earned enough to get a Dot.
  • Options
    DAR said:

Anyone have an Amazon Echo or the Echo Dot? We have a thing at work were can be rewarded points if someone recogonizes good work that we've done. If you accumulate points you can purchase various items. I earned enough to get a Dot.

We have the echo and love using it. Great for just putting ambient music in the house or finding out obscure facts or getting recipes.
  • Options
    Well, it happened again...For Christmas, I asked for the last two Transformers movies on Blu-Ray (I'm looking to do a review retrospective leading into the one coming out this year) and my brother got them for me.

Just one little problem...

He got me the PAL version of Dark of the Moon. Since I don't live in Europe, this isn't much use to me.
    :sweat:
  • Options
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty good. I got a very nice saltwater fishing rod. So after I get a good pair of sunglasses, I will be officially out of the buying big ticket items for fishing (for now anyway). My wife got me the Santa's workshop Lego set; my mother in law got me the Christmas train legod and a coffee grinder.

But all that stuff is just stuff. I got to spend 4 days with my wife and daughter which has become increasingly more important to me this year.
    It was good.