Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    Anybody been reading JLA vs Suicide Squad? If so, would be interested in your review. Trying to decide whether to invest in it or not.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Apparently this is trending on the book of faces, but this video was released a year ago by Disney's YouTube channel. Yes, there's all kinds of Easter eggs in Disney/Pixar films that fans have found, but this feels more "official". This is all types of awesome.

https://youtu.be/wTF5bKFY_Io
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Going into Sunday's Packer game I'm surprisingly calm.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    DAR said:

Going into Sunday's Packer game I'm surprisingly calm.

• Options
    Those eyes though...
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    fredzilla said:

Those eyes though...

i know
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I found an early internet review of X-Men unlimited #4 by David R Henry. I feel that some of needs to be reposted.
    "I've said it before, and I'll say it again. When the characters themselves are complaining about the plot, you know something's wrong."

"I am a man with a large vocabulary, even if I have trouble spelling half of it. I have a rather rich and active descriptive powers. I own four thesauruses, I have a collection of old dictionaries, and I don't shirk at creating new words if somehow the ones I have in my arsenal aren't enough. Despite being this well-prepared, I am forced to admit to an amazed,
    awe-struck defeat when presented with X-Men Unlimited #4. There aren't enough synonyms for shit to properly define the book to its true
    wretchedness."

• Options
    I meant to type this at halftime, but I was talking on the phone. Ball F#$&!?G Game.
  • Options
    "Daniel Tiger has made me a better parent" - wife
  • Options
    I bought a 4-film collection at Costco last week that has four films based on four different Disney theme park rides. So far we've watched The Tower of Terror (technically a made for TV movie - Pants) and The Haunted Mansion (Eddie Murphy - Borrow). Tonight we wrapped up Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. What I didn't know is that it is just a "kid friendly" Monty Python reunion! Eric Idle (Rat), Terry Jones (Toad, Director), John Cleese (Mr. Toad's Lawyer), and Michael Palin (The Sun), with Steve Coogan (Mole), Bernard Hill (Engine Driver - he was King Theoden in LOTR), and Stephen Fry (Judge)!

I'm not sure how faithful it is to the source material, The Wind in the Willows, but my daughter and wife really enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing all of these actors in a silly movie.

Maybe next weekend we'll finish the last film, The Country Bears. It doesn't look that promising for adults, but it does have the voices of Dietrich Bader, Brad Garrett, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Christopher Walken.
  • Options
    Episode VIII is now The Last Jedi. Simple and effective.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    DAR said:

Episode VIII is now The Last Jedi. Simple and effective.

Spoilers:
    It's this guy...

• Options
    Legends of Tomorrow > All other CW/DC shows
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

On which Earth?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

War > Peace

Bankrupt > Rich

The Crossing > Civil War
  • Options
    Mary Tyler Moore died, :(
  • Options
    LOL! Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Legends is the only one that doesn't feel like a chore for me to watch. I love the light-hearted, breezy nature of the show. :-)
  • Options
    DAR said:

Mary Tyler Moore died, :(

She was incredible and beautiful.
  • Options
    She could take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited January 2017
    Been seeing a lot of ads (well, a lot of the same ad) for “DC Rebirth graphic novels” lately. See them on El Rey and the NHL website (with the highlight videos) all the time. And their voiced by Kevin Conroy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    So I've not given a weird fishing update in a while. I may have discovered my new favorite gizmo.
    I was searching owners (fishing large hook manufacturer) website for a particular hook they make for Shimano (wasn't there), and came across Treble Safety Caps (link for visual reference). They came in yesterday, and I put them on my lures. My fingers, shirts, jeans, couch, and any other surface that can get stuck is thanking me. There is no telling how many cuts I have gotten from messing with treble hooks.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mwhitt80 said:

So I've not given a weird fishing update in a while. I may have discovered my new favorite gizmo.
    I was searching owners (fishing large hook manufacturer) website for a particular hook they make for Shimano (wasn't there), and came across Treble Safety Caps (link for visual reference). They came in yesterday, and I put them on my lures. My fingers, shirts, jeans, couch, and any other surface that can get stuck is thanking me. There is no telling how many cuts I have gotten from messing with treble hooks.

"Weird Fishing Update" should be the name of something. I don't know what, but SOMETHING.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited January 2017
    David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

"Weird Fishing Update" should be the name of something. I don't know what, but SOMETHING.
    It sounds like the start of a joke that Johnny Carson would do.
  • Options
    Well I was thinking about starting a YouTube channel "Can't Fish for $#!+" about my non-profit I've Fishing adventures. But "Weird Fishing Update" might work.
    It also might be a really good comic. Think fishing show, meets Seadevils, meets xfiles.

The problem with getting "internet anything" is that it is a lot of work for little payout and I just don't have the need to be broke and recognizable.

• Options
    edited January 2017

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

It sounds like the start of a joke that Johnny Carson would do.
    Answer: A weird fishing update.
    Question: What is, “Today Lady Gaga caught a 14-pound [black] sea bass, breaking the world record.”
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Question: What is, “Today Lady Gaga caught a 14-pound sea bass, breaking the world record.”

Eric, you're way off: 74lbs is the current world record. I doubt Ms. Gaga could reel a monster that size in. I doubt I could!

• Options
    edited January 2017

Question: What is, “Today Lady Gaga caught a 14-pound sea bass, breaking the world record.”

Eric, you're way off: 74lbs is the current world record. I doubt Ms. Gaga could reel a monster that size in. I doubt I could!

Sorry, I should have specified black sea bass, which you find up and down the East Coast (and is what I'm familiar with). What you have there is a giant sea bass, which hangs out in the North Pacific.

Sigh. If you have to explain the joke, it's no longer funny (if it even was in the first place). My bad.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The War Doctor...RIP Mr. Hurt :(

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Manos: the Hands of Fate may fall out of the public domain due to the son of the director filing a trademark application.

A GoFundMe has been set up to fight the application in court.