Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

How do the Falcons not run the ball 3 straight times from the 22, killing the clock in the process, and then hitting a chip shot FG to ice the Super Bowl? What a bunch of maroons.

Makes me happy the Broncos passed over Little Shannie for head coach.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I'm about to admit something.
    I'm a grown man. I'm married to a beautiful woman. I've got a beautiful daughter. I've got a job. I've got some investments. I'm an adult of some sorts.
    And I still will not read or listen to recaps of last night's super bowl. For as much as I have pushed losses and wins aside there are still times when I just get fanboy. Hawks playoff losses and now falcons Superbowl losses.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I love the Falcons. My family lived in Atlanta when I was just a wee lad ages 3 years old to 6 years old. I've been a mostly fair weather fan, but I was once-again pulling for them last night. I figured by half-time that their history of choking in the big show was over... but, it was a let down.

However, I have to give Brady and the Pats MAJOR props for that clutch playing last night. I've never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mwhitt80 said:

Does anyone have a good carrying case for gaming miniatures?

I have a couple of these. Don't really use them much anymore but liked them. http://www.chessex.com/figure boxes/Figure_Storage_Boxes.htm
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    As a Saints fan, it was painful to root for the Dirty Birds to win, but I did. I think ol' Matty Ice is a great quarterback but just never can seem to seal the deal. Whether that's his fault, the team's fault, or the coaches' fault is for other people to debate.

A tough loss, but as much as we may want to hate Brady and the Patriots, you cannot deny the spectacle of that comeback.
  • Options
    You can talk about the comeback all you want, but the Pats had one simple game plan that they stuck with the entire game: Keep the offense on the field—and the Falcons (Shanahan) were happy to oblige them. The Falcons have an average defense at best, and no real depth on the bench, and the Pats just gradually wore them down over the course of the game. The Falcons’ D, such as it is, relies on team quickness, but they had nothing left in the 4th quarter. Like @TheOriginalGMan said, all the Falcons had to do was run the ball more in the second half. Instead they ran the ball, what, four times in the 4th quarter? And they were averaging nearly six yards a carry. I get that you want to stay aggressive offensively, but you have to be aware of the clock too.

Ironically, the pick-6 may have ended up hurting the Falcons more than helping, because that was the 12th play of the Pats’ drive, and then the Falcons had to turn right around and go back on defense again. I mean, you never want to turn down points, but still...

Pats ran 93 plays to the Falcons’ 46 (18 of which were rushing plays). Pats ToP: 40:31; Falcons ToP: 23:27. That was the difference in the outcome of the game.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Eases the pain of the Packers collapse against the Seahawks in the NFC Championship just bit......no....not really.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I think ol' Matty Ice is a great quarterback but just never can seem to seal the deal. Whether that's his fault, the team's fault, or the coaches' fault is for other people to debate.

Quarterback rating doesn't tell the whole story, but he had a 144 rating for the game. So it wasn't his play execution that was the problem. Ryan’s biggest failure in the game was not letting the clock wind down in between plays in the second half. They probably could have shaved four or five minutes off the clock just from doing that.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    mwhitt80 said:

I'm about to admit something.
    I'm a grown man. I'm married to a beautiful woman. I've got a beautiful daughter. I've got a job. I've got some investments. I'm an adult of some sorts.
    And I still will not read or listen to recaps of last night's super bowl. For as much as I have pushed losses and wins aside there are still times when I just get fanboy. Hawks playoff losses and now falcons Superbowl losses.

Trust me I understand...half my family are Cubs fans. Until past year, it was just "How are they going to blow it THIS time".
  • Options
    Packers lose, I listen to zero post game. Actually I've going away from all Pre and Post Game shows. It's just all yap jacking from offering minimal insight.
  • Options
    Three things

1. Christie Brinkley is 63.

2. Good looks are prevalent in the family

3. Christie Brinkley is 63

• Options
    DAR said:

Three things

1. Christie Brinkley is 63.

2. Good looks are prevalent in the family

3. Christie Brinkley is 63

4. She is so hot that she can apparently walk on water.
  • Options

He has slipped the surly bonds of Terra, may he rest in peace among the stars.
  • Options
    Watched two outstanding films tonight.

First was Kubo and the Two Strings. Second was Hacksaw Ridge
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I am rereading final Crisis with all the "final Crisis" tie-ins, so far it has been really good. I got to the last page of issue 3 and realized something.

Stick with me here. Wacky Racers is post crisis event taking place on a earth in which Darkseid has won and turned earth into a battle world. The visuals are similar, earth went under a great disaster, and everyone is being changed by mysterious evil scientists so that they can perform better on the track.

Now I've only read through issue two or three of Wacky Racers (I've got the issues, but that's about all I could take) however it makes sense. I rescind all previous theories on Wacky Racers.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Today is one of my favorite made up holidays.
    Sheed Wallace Day.
    We take today to honor Rasheed Wallace's short but memorable career with the Hawks. The city will always love you Sheed.
  • Options
    Watched the first two episodes of 24 Legacy. The best I can say about it is it's just okay. It definitely is missing something by not having any Jack Bauer or Chloe O'Brian
  • Options
    Scott Boras is on the Jonah keri podcast. It's really good.
  • Options
    There was a Finding Bigfoot marathon on Sunday. I know, I know. It's stupid, but I find the idea of chubby, middle aged white guys in a forest at night banging on trees and screaming immensely funny. It's like a party at red neck Elton John's house.

thank you Craig Ferguson.

Anyway, they had an eyewitness telling his bigfoot experience. Ranae, the scientist, tried to bring some logic into the discussion and said something like, "I've studied bears in Alaska. Like a bear, bigfoot is supposedly a large predator. A bear wouldn't act the way you've described so I don't think what you saw was a predator." The eyewitness and one of the researchers starred daggers at the scientist.
    The show then cut to one of the chubby researchers. His rant was awesome. "Renae might be a bear expert, but I'M A BIGFOOT EXPERT ... "
    I was laughing so hard I didn't hear the rest of the rant.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So I have a shirt with a UFO beaming Bigfoot up into the space ship and says "I want to believe"

My daughter asks me about it all the time. We've made up all kinds of bigfoot stories. He saves animals, picks fruit, helps out princess Abigail, chases off bears and deer (animals she is scared of), and on at least one occasion rode a horse.

I'm not sure those people would appreciate our stories.
  • Options
    My daughter went through a Bigfoot phase a few years ago. We checked out all the Bigfoot books from the library—from the adult section; she was very scientific about her studies. Her theory was that sasquatches are an alien species who came here from another world. Then Finding Bigfoot started up a few months later, and she became a devoted viewer. We had to record them on the DVR for her so she didn't miss any. She laughs about it now, but we had a lot of fun with it.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

So I have a shirt with a UFO beaming Bigfoot up into the space ship and says "I want to believe"

My daughter asks me about it all the time. We've made up all kinds of bigfoot stories. He saves animals, picks fruit, helps out princess Abigail, chases off bears and deer (animals she is scared of), and on at least one occasion rode a horse.

I would read that comic.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

I would read that comic.
    It would read a lot like axe cop only written by a little girl in Marvel method.

She dictates the settings and main characters. Starring Ms. Piggy J Pig, her favorite stuffed toy and princess Abigail. Daddy fills in everything else.
  • Options
    Going back and listening to some earlier spotlight episodes I might have missed. Right now listening to the FF in the Silver Age part 1
  • Options
    Earlier at work. I had a phone call where the person calling was trying to obtain financial information. I explained that because the person on the phone was not listed in our records, I couldn't provide any information. The person on the phone says just a minute, changed their voice and said I'm Joe Blow and you can now give me this information.

It was one of the more bizarre interactions I've had
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

I would read that comic.
    Maybe not quite the same, but I backed this several months ago on Kickstarter, and its a great kid-friendly GN. You can order the book through his website: https://untoldtalesofbigfoot.com