Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635

So, in the Marvel Universe, when the good guys get themselves into some sort of legal trouble, they hire Matt Murdock or She-Hulk to be their attorney.

What do the bad guys do? Is there a "go to" criminal defense firm that they turn to?

They goto Malorie from the dan slott's shulkie run. She's pretty much the best lawyer in Marvel.
  • mwhitt80 said:

They goto Malorie from the dan slott's shulkie run. She's pretty much the best lawyer in Marvel.

I think it'd be a pretty fun angle for Marvel if they came up with a law firm specializing in defending Super Villains. Something along the lines of this guy would be epic:

It could be Marvel digital project in which our "heroes" are the legal version of Damage Control. It has to have the law firm actually winning cases and getting criminals off with realitive slaps on the wrists.

In a world filled with superheroes breaking all kinds of laws to stop "villians" these guys would get off lightly all the time. Even if they did get convicted of a major crime they'd get it thrown out because of rights violations.
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    mwhitt80 said:

It could be Marvel digital project in which our "heroes" are the legal version of Damage Control. It has to have the law firm actually winning cases and getting criminals off with realitive slaps on the wrists.

In a world filled with superheroes breaking all kinds of laws to stop "villians" these guys would get off lightly all the time. Even if they did get convicted of a major crime they'd get it thrown out because of rights violations.

that could actualy be a really fun title. I'd check that action out all day long. I think Charles Soule would rock that premise.
  • Being a fan of "Superior Foes of Spider-Man" and thoroughly enjoying reading about their day-in and day-out struggles to make it in a super-powered world, while meeting with parole officers, forming alliances, etc., I would totally be into a book that revolved around a law firm specializing in getting clowns like that off.

I would totally be into a book that revolved around a law firm specializing in getting clowns like that off.

They are citzens that had thier rights crushed by jack booted nazis in red and blue spandex.

On this topic: Gotham should be a terrible place the Batman has to cause more cases to thrown out of court than any superhero ever. I feel bad for the Gotham DAs there is no way they can get a win. Reason #567 Batman is the worst hero in DC.
  • I agree with everything you said.

Caped Crusader beat a confession out of you? Spider-Man suspend you upside down from a skyscraper? Captain America come crashing through your front door? BETTER CALL SAUL!

I need a writer to flesh out ideas with. I believe this one could go lighted hearted one arc and dark the next. I had one the other night, I think it started as dream, that seemed fairly solid.

It's kind of like XFiles minus the aliens. An FBI agent believes in pretty much everything (bigfoot, nessie, champy, jersey devil, various pantheons of gods, Yaweh, Buddah, Allah, etc..), but knows that Aliens are pure myth created to cover up secret experiments by the FDA and USDA. I mean why would aliens travel billions of light years to give you a colon exam?

He doesn't solve XFile cases; this guy goes after bank robbers, kidnappers, corrupt cops/staties. Every now and then a "monster" happens into the agent's case.

Secondly he'd be a mostly normal guy that believes in the unexplained. He's not a Mulder character or a skeptic. He just believes that a family of bigfeet live outside of Seattle. He doesn't feel the need to prove any of this; he's an apathetic believer.
    edited October 2014
    my own personal weirdness has been edited
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    mwhitt80 said:

I need a writer to flesh out ideas with. I believe this one could go lighted hearted one arc and dark the next. I had one the other night, I think it started as dream, that seemed fairly solid.

It's kind of like XFiles minus the aliens. An FBI agent believes in pretty much everything (bigfoot, nessie, champy, jersey devil, various pantheons of gods, Yaweh, Buddah, Allah, etc..), but knows that Aliens are pure myth created to cover up secret experiments by the FDA and USDA. I mean why would aliens travel billions of light years to give you a colon exam?

He doesn't solve XFile cases; this guy goes after bank robbers, kidnappers, corrupt cops/staties. Every now and then a "monster" happens into the agent's case.

Secondly he'd be a mostly normal guy that believes in the unexplained. He's not a Mulder character or a skeptic. He just believes that a family of bigfeet live outside of Seattle. He doesn't feel the need to prove any of this; he's an apathetic believer.

In this universe do 'monsters' actually exist? Or that something we'd find out throughout the arc? Are the 'monsters' just terrible people? Is there someone who fundamentally believes in only things that can be proven, to play off the protagonist?
    edited October 2014
    I didn't get that far. I just woke up had the idea and thought it was 60%-75% good. I've got nothing on the universe or supporting characters.

The main thing I had was an apathetic believer that absolutely believed that there was no such thing in aliens because it is a USDA/FDA conspiracy. The idea that he didn't solve XFiles cases came shortly after because I thought it was far more interesting this than chasing conspiracies.

If you guys want to flesh it out; flesh it out. Just give some creator credit and if gets walking dead huge throw me some shekels.
    random73 said:

my own personal weirdness has been edited

I agreed with your statement btw.
    mwhitt80 said:

If you guys want to flesh it out; flesh it out. Just give some creator credit and if gets walking dead huge throw me some shekels.

That's the holy grail any writer strives for. That Walking Dead idea to catch on.

I like to flesh out my ideas by imaging the story as a movie. Form your universe first, set the ground rules. Get your beginning, middle and end figured out. And make sure to have a good mid-point or turning point. In my experience this translates very nicely to a four issue arc. Giving you a good cliffhanger at the end of each issue.

I have a few scripts sat around waiting for an artist to draw them. Just never got round to making that final step and finding a good artist draw for me.
    Is it just me, or is Deadpool REALLY annoying???
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    luke52 said:

Is it just me, or is Deadpool REALLY annoying???

It's not just you. He wasn't always that way...but extreme popularity and overexposure can kill any character if you're not careful. The story where he went back in time and interacted with the 60s Peter Parker universe is a modern classic and still one of the funniest issues of a comic I've ever read.

• RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    random73 said:
    I predict that Tremors 5 will make Home Alone 5 look like Ace Ventura 3.

Yes, those last two do actually exist.
    On a completely random note. Matthew Perry's sitcom Go On from a year or so back was fantastic. If you get a chance to catch it on a re-run or something do it.
  • shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457

random73 said:
    I predict that Tremors 5 will make Home Alone 5 look like Ace Ventura 3.

Yes, those last two do actually exist.
    Tremors 5? As good a B movie creature feature Tremors was, the sequels were such diminishing returns that I cannnot imagine how bad a fifth installment will be.
    edited October 2014
    I managed to pick up about a dozen DC 100 page spectaculars and Retroactives at only 75p each. One of the DC100PS's I got was the Metal Men run from Giffen, DeMetteis and Maguire. I guess they were back ups in Doom Patrol at some point. Boy, what a fun read. Anyone know if they wrote any more Metal Men that I'm missing out on?
  • Things I've learned that I lack the basic coordination to do:

1) Take a selfie
    2) Keep the motion-activated hot water tap running as I simultaneously attempt to get soap from the adjacent motion-activated soap dispenser.

More items to follow I'm sure.
    Well my interest in the NFL has dropped off significantly even though my Falcons are 1 game behind in thier division. The NFC might be won by an 7-9 team. I'm 90% positive the Falcons will be lucky to get to 6 wins.

UGA is 100% still in the mix to make the top 4. All signs are pointing to Todd Gurley being back Saturday, and have greatly improved on both sides of the ball the last few weeks. They are as good as anyone in the SEC right now.

But what has me hyped... The Hawks. The return of Al Horford, a great coach, and most importantly The Pacman logo is back! They will be the 3rd best team in the east, and win the Southeast assuming Horford doesnt tear another pect. muscle and Milsap stays healthy.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Somebody please tell Dan Slott to shave that beard of his.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I met Gene Simmons last night. We sang a duet (no not really)

Torchsong said:

I met Gene Simmons last night. We sang a duet (no not really)

Awesome. You look so proud :)
    In other news... I'm reading another dc 100 pager I picked up. Impulse. Another really fun comic! Not many fun comics coming out from DC at the moment. Glad I picked these up.
    I need to have my geek card pulled. I just this second realized that Captain Katanga from Raiders of the Lost Ark is played by the same dude that played Prince Thun in Flash Gordon...

"Let this deed of Prince Thun be an example to all the Kingdoms of Mongo...Death to Ming!"
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    So, the local sports talk radio "drive time" program keeps playing bits from Bengals football broadcast to make fun of Dave Lapham talking all over the play by play guy.

It's kind of made me a fan of Dave Lapham.