Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    popestu said:

rebis said:

popestu said:

Meanwhile, back in a simpler time...(use your best Ted Knight voice)

How Strong is Spiderman

Triathalon is stronger than Nighthawk...lol..Triathalon...

Where is this from?

And Triathalon? Where? :p
    And, I need a like to a larger version.
    Spiderman Annual 15

Night hawk states, "By night I'm twice as twice as strong as any human--by day I'm an invalid."
    Triathlon's thing is he has the power of 3 men.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/amazing_spider-man_annual_15.shtml
    Thanks. Heh... Triathalon.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Locke and Key, where have you been all my life!?!? Soooo good. 3 volumes in, 3 to go. Can't stop reading.
  • Options
    What is going on with the forums right now?!?!
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited June 2015
    A friend of mine in New York owns a comic shop and is in the process of attempting to procure some grant money intended for small business owners. To be even considered he needs 250 votes by June 19th (see link below). As of this post he's just shy of a 100.

I'm a huge proponent of small business, and while the vast majority of my comic purchases will be at the comic shop local to me (i.e. Comics Conspiracy in Sunnyvale, CA), I wholeheartedly wish my friend all the success in a tough market. You may vote via Facebook (to do so requires you give the site access to your public profile, which is relatively noninvasive compared to what a lot of other sites ask for). Please consider supporting small comic shops by letting Chase know that that a comic shop is a worthy business to help fund. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/b/51149&h=IAQE_adrGAQHei4ZJ3LZ8TsJPL_n6jyr31VltsDGt1MrJVw&enc=AZOJ4m0Kp44NFMzdyP3Q5-g3M0ZgUNvpwBwsb1SY_ddDvymYwonLGMiWNK58h49iPyT4tzHliNLWhbCU89RG3Rhi1D0wabZ1iBlWWNzeibW1o7V1c1K86B5ggWBO1q0A5P68EkDwVJkBLYg-QUIWL_PpKARy649FP_Pqx-vw0qGpmw&s=1
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    luke52 said:

What is going on with the forums right now?!?!

Sorry. I spilled my coffee on it.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    luke52 said:

Locke and Key, where have you been all my life!?!? Soooo good. 3 volumes in, 3 to go. Can't stop reading.

This past winter I bought myself a big slipcase of all the TPBs. It was an amazing read! Glad you're enjoying it!

As a dad of a son with special needs I couldn't help but fall in love with the character of Rufus. Easily one of the best characters I've ever read in a comic.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

luke52 said:

This past winter I bought myself a big slipcase of all the TPBs. It was an amazing read! Glad you're enjoying it!

As a dad of a son with special needs I couldn't help but fall in love with the character of Rufus. Easily one of the best characters I've ever read in a comic.
    I really want that. Out of my price range right now tho.

Only really met Rufus at the latter part of vol 3. Like him already.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,616
    luke52 said:

Somebody else humble bundled this week? All the volumes of Lock &Key are on there right now. That was the main reason I got it this time.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

Somebody else humble bundled this week? All the volumes of Lock &Key are on there right now. That was the main reason I got it this time.
    Yup. A lot of books I've always fancied reading in that bundle. Couldn't turn it down!!
  • Options
    That might be the best humble bundle I've ever seen. All of Parker books and all of Locke & Key for $20? Amazing
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Great bundle. Too bad I already own most of the books already.
  • Options
    Ok, I got a question... how long is too long to respond to an e-mail requesting an interview. I've been waiting to hear back from this one place for two weeks, only to discover they sent me an e-mail almost a week ago, that made it to the bottom of my garbage e-mail account.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Reply immediately.
    Explain the situation and state your appreciation for the reply and your desire to meet at their earliest convenience.
    Be humble and eager.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Hey, that's a pretty good deal! Thanks for the head's up! I'm checking out the Locke & Key volumes, of which I hear good things.
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with humblebundle. I've heard the name in passing. How's it work (apparently , I'm too lazy to read the site)
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    popestu said:

I'm not familiar with humblebundle. I've heard the name in passing. How's it work (apparently , I'm too lazy to read the site)

Specific details are on the site, but, essentially, you get access to a certain number of downloadable graphic novels according to how much you pay. Since I'm just checking it out for the first time, I made a payment of ten bucks and I was able to download (in pdf format, which I prefer) the first two volumes of Locke And Key, the first volume of March, and two Captain Nemo GNs by Alan Moore and Kevin Smith. These are also downloadable in ebook formats for the Kindle. The more you contribute, the more titles you gain access to.

I don't generally like getting downloadable comics, but I do make exceptions from time to time, and this looked like an acceptable exception to me. I haven't yet read them, so I'll have to let you know later whether the execution of these downloadables is as good as it sounds, but, frankly, I can't imagine there really being a problem with them.
  • Options
    popestu said:

First, thanks for the advice, I did exactly that, so let's hope it turns out well!

As for HumbleBundle, it's a charity organization that offers all sorts of great stuff, games, comics, that sort of thing. Basically you pay whatever you want and you immediately get something. Usually, after a few days, a new tier of goodies opens up that if you pay the average donation you can get, and finally a third tier opens up with even more stuff that if you pay a percentage over the average you can get. You can then determine how much goes to charity, how much to the provider of the bonuses and how much to Humble Bundle. The comics come in multiple file formats, PDFs, CBZs, etc, and you can download them at your lesiure. The deals are crazy good too. I paid just over 20, and got 20 volumes of great comics including March, Locke and Key and the Parker adaptations.
  • Options
    Has anyone else had trouble with the mobile site? It's been down for me for 2 days now.
  • Options

Has anyone else had trouble with the mobile site? It's been down for me for 2 days now.

I've had no problems with the mobile site. Although I must admit it's not the greatest mobile site out there. Very difficult to navigate.
  • Options

popestu said:

First, thanks for the advice, I did exactly that, so let's hope it turns out well!

As for HumbleBundle, it's a charity organization that offers all sorts of great stuff, games, comics, that sort of thing. Basically you pay whatever you want and you immediately get something. Usually, after a few days, a new tier of goodies opens up that if you pay the average donation you can get, and finally a third tier opens up with even more stuff that if you pay a percentage over the average you can get. You can then determine how much goes to charity, how much to the provider of the bonuses and how much to Humble Bundle. The comics come in multiple file formats, PDFs, CBZs, etc, and you can download them at your lesiure. The deals are crazy good too. I paid just over 20, and got 20 volumes of great comics including March, Locke and Key and the Parker adaptations.
    Thanks. I checked it out and it looks sweet. My oldest son is a gamer, I'll send him the link.

Unfortunately, I have a bulk of these. I look forward to future bundles.

FYI...everyone should read Parker. Overall, they are great.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I met a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop anytime.

• Options

I had that problem, too. It seems like it was something happening on Vanilla Forum's end, as they are updating to a new release, I believe. Seems to be back to normal now.
  • Options
    Anyone want to swap a digital code of imageMiles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man 12?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    popestu said:

Anyone want to swap a digital code of imageMiles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man 12?

I think you want to go here: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/1337/marvel-free-digital-copy-swap-meet-now-with-some-freebies/p1
  • Options
    edited June 2015

popestu said:

I think you want to go here: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/1337/marvel-free-digital-copy-swap-meet-now-with-some-freebies/p1
    @bralinator
    Somehow I knew you would know where I needed to be. I tried searching but came up empty.

In the future, I am going to search by messaging you.

Thanks
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Those freebies seem to get snapped up quickly...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The long delay makes for sort of unfortunate timing for this particular choice of title:

(I know they don't actually mean it *that* way)
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    David_D said:

Sort of unfortunate timing for this particular choice of title:

Well, if it had come out way back when it was first solicited (how many years ago was that now?), it would have had the context of the other minis (Blue, Gray, Yellow, etc.) to make it sound not so bad. I'm just glad it's finally going to come out.
  • Options
    David_D said:

The long delay makes for sort of unfortunate timing for this particular choice of title:

I smell reverse rascism