Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The LEGO Thread - Brickheads Unite!

Comments

• Options
    Now on to more set specific talk...

Christmas is upon us and STILL topping the Lego wishlist charts is 10179....

Ultimate Collectors Edition Millennium Falcon...how I long to own thee...
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I got a Falcon last year. I've not been that agrivated building a lego set since I built the first all black Batmobile years ago (SpongeBob's feet were almost as bad).

I put the base together wrong and didn't realize it until I hit a new level 20 minutes later. I wanted to smash it into a million little legos.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm three days in to my first Star Wars advent calendar and loving it.
  • Options
    Yesterday I went a little nuts. I started and completed collecting the speedracer line. When the speedracer sets came out I was short on money. Now thanks to ebay and brinklink I have them.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    luke52 said:

I'm three days in to my first Star Wars advent calendar and loving it.

To prevent fighting over who gets to open what, the wife and I usually get two of the usual three offered (this year was SW and Friends because City really didn't offer much). So far SW is kicking Friends butt as far as cool figs and stuff...
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    For the adult Lego collectors

Lego Strip Club
  • Options
    Well Christmas was Lego-riffic.

My wife went all out and got me 742 Evergreen Terrace
    My mother in-law got me the The Milano Spaceship Rescue finishing off my GoG collection

And all my Speed Racer sets came in.
    Speed Racer & Snake Oiler built
    Racer X & Taejo built
    Cruncher Block & Racer X
    The Grand Prix built
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    My son got the Minecraft cave, first night, Ender dragon, and crafting box kits for Christmas. I'm not a Minecraft guy at all, but these are some pretty sweet sets, much better (and certainly more well-received) than the micro-scale sets.

As for me, I finally got my hands on the Research Institute... not a lot there, but some fun and clever builds (particularly the T-rex skeleton) and worth the hunt, though try not to pay more than retail for it because it's a pretty small set. If it weren't part of the Ideas line, it'd probably be a $12.99 kit, max.

Also picked up the Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas set after Christmas, and that was fun. The Batmech is goofy but it looks cool, and even my wife thought Wonder Woman's invisible jet looked great. Plus, I'm pretty sure the banana truck guy is totally supposed to be Michael Bluth. :D

Lastly, I discovered you can get a lot of those Chinese non-Lego minifigures on the AliExpress website. Do with that information what you will. :-\"
  • Options
    I got that Gorilla Grodd set as well. Plus the Braniac Attack one (because Supergirl minifig, duh! :) ). Both are great sets...I love the Braniac ship...right down to the skull face.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I know who’s going to be teaming up with Lego Batman come August.
  • Options
    Definitely getting the Mystery Van.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The Mystery Machine looks awesome.

The. 2 dc superhero sets coming out in the summer will have beast boy, a new robin, and starfire.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

The Mystery Machine looks awesome.

The. 2 dc superhero sets coming out in the summer will have beast boy, a new robin, and starfire.

Damn, I thought I was saying that wrong. Oh well.

Anyway, there is this rundown of the upcoming licensed sets that were shown off at the London Toy Fair, which contains that info about Beast Boy, Robin, and Starfire, and more.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited January 2015
    So, of the 5 new DC Lego sets I've got 4.

One is still in the box waiting to be built (the Aquaman/Black Manta one) and the other three (Green Lantern/Sinestro, Brainiac, Darkseid Invasion) are gracing my desk at work.

The thing that bugs me more than I thought? What @ShaneKelly mentioned a few episodes back. I HATE these plastic things that comes with Hawkman and "Space" Batman. No seriously. They're DUMB and I hate them.

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

So, of the 5 new DC Lego sets I've got 4.

One is still in the box waiting to be built (the Aquaman/Black Manta one) and the other three (Green Lantern/Sinestro, Brainiac, Darkseid Invasion) are gracing my desk at work.

The thing that bugs me more than I thought? What @ShaneKelly mentioned a few episodes back. I HATE these plastic things that comes with Hawkman and "Space" Batman. No seriously. They're DUMB and I hate them.

I find this fascinating. We've only got the GL/Sinestro set so far and were quite impressed with the batwings/cape. However, we were comparing it to the capes from the Harry Potter and the Star Wars sets and it is a marked improvement from either of them.
  • Options
    Of the new DC sets, I've only purchased the GL set so far, but I haven't opened the box yet. Maybe I will tonight so I can weigh in on the "wing/cape" thing.
  • Options
    So far all I've gotten out of the new sets is the Darkseid one. I'm thinking I about getting the Grood and Brainic sets next. I've spent too much money this month on nonessential things so it's belt tightening time.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

So far all I've gotten out of the new sets is the Darkseid one. I'm thinking I about getting the Grood and Brainic sets next. I've spent too much money this month on nonessential things so it's belt tightening time.

You and me both. I haven't picked up the GL or Darkseid sets because I just don't need another (#*@ plane. Jokerland sounds intriguing, though. I can attest the Grodd and Brainiac sets are both good.
  • Options
    On a related note, does it bug anyone else that Lego is doing the whole sticker thing again? What happened to the printed Legos? I liked those alot better.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

On a related note, does it bug anyone else that Lego is doing the whole sticker thing again? What happened to the printed Legos? I liked those alot better.

If it keeps the cost down, I have no problem.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

You and me both. I haven't picked up the GL or Darkseid sets because I just don't need another (#*@ plane. Jokerland sounds intriguing, though. I can attest the Grodd and Brainiac sets are both good.

Agreed...

Brickblogger had pictures of the age of ultron sets.
    There is another quinjet that is not as cool as the previous one (the first one is awesome); however it has a vision minifigure. There is a hulkbuster set with scarlet witch in the AoU movie sets. I'll probably get the Hulkbuster and just find the Vision on bricklink or amazon.

My unbuilt lego sets are strating to look like my to read pile of comics.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I picked up a couple of minifig packs at the store today and got a hotdog! Other cool figures in the series, but that's the one I wanted the most.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    fredzilla said:

I picked up a couple of minifig packs at the store today and got a hotdog! Other cool figures in the series, but that's the one I wanted the most.

Hmmm... that Evil Wizard would make a nice Ming the Merciless.
  • Options

fredzilla said:

Hmmm... that Evil Wizard would make a nice Ming the Merciless.
    He's next on my list!
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Jealous...well, my *wife* is jealous...she's been trying to snag a hotdog guy (he's the shortpack along with one other fig she can't find) for a while now.
  • Options
    Whoa! I didn't know that. That makes it even more special!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Good luck, @Torchsong. The Hot Dog guy was tough to find... easy enough to feel the shape of his costume in the bag, but with so few the hunt can be frustrating. If I come across another one I'll try and snag it for your wife.
  • Options

Good luck, @Torchsong. The Hot Dog guy was tough to find... easy enough to feel the shape of his costume in the bag, but with so few the hunt can be frustrating. If I come across another one I'll try and snag it for your wife.

If you find one let me know. Obviously we'll make good on it. She's driving me nuts with the looking.