Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The LEGO Thread - Brickheads Unite!

Comments

• Options
    I've read some very positive reviews from the critics. But I'll probably have to wait for it to show up on Netflix... unless the DVD comes with a particularly cool minifig.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    The movie was... AWESOME!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Oh, if only this were real...

@-) :x
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Lego Movie was absolutely great! Everything we love about these crazy tiles, and a message for the older generation to boot! Five out of five bricks!
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Lego Movie was absolutely great! Everything we love about these crazy tiles, and a message for the older generation to boot! Five out of five bricks!

You said it.. Great movie and it was great to watch my kids (and I) flip out over all the characters popping up.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Yeah, the movie was great. My son and I have been yelling SPACESHIP!!! at each other for 3 or 4 days now.

Saw an article today - http://www.businessinsider.com/number-of-legos-in-the-lego-movie-2014-2 - that said the movie makes use of nearly 4 million unique (virtual) Lego bricks, and over 15 million bricks total. Can you imagine if they had used actual bricks? No one would be able to walk barefoot safely in that studio ever again. :D
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    It comes as no suprise the Lone Ranger sets have been retired.

I refused to purchase these sets bc Depp was playing redface. I just wish Lego would have done a western. I would own them all right now.
  • Options
    Technically LEGO DID do a Western theme.

It'll come as no surprise to many of you that I still own EVERY SINGLE PIECE of this set.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The western theme was decades ago and it was awesome. My familys childhood Legos remain with my parents for our kids o play with when they get bigger. So we (the original builders of the sets) have no rights to them.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

It comes as no suprise the Lone Ranger sets have been retired.

I refused to purchase these sets bc Depp was playing redface. I just wish Lego would have done a western. I would own them all right now.

The only set out of that I really wanted was the Stagecoach. Not for the movie, but it was just a nice lookin' stagecoach set.

• Options
    The only Lone Ranger sets I got were the Cavalry pack - mostly because I wanted at least a Lone Ranger in case that was the only set I got - and the stagecoach, which I just got this past Christmas. Still haven't seen the movie (maybe I'll get around to it, maybe I won't), but yeah, that stagecoach is pretty awesome and it was nice to get some Western-themed stuff for the first time in ages.

That's probably why I'll pick up the small Getaway Glider set from the movie line, just for the cowboy pieces!
  • Options
    Over on my blog, Trusty Plinko Stick, I talked about the one thing that left me scratching my head after the movie. SPOILERS, obviously:

http://www.trustyplinkostick.com/2014/02/everything-is-awesome-though-maybe.html
  • Options
    Picked up The Riddler Chase set during our post-Lego Movie trip to the Lego Store and got the chance to put it together this week. Awesome set. The Riddler's dragster is a bit on the lame side, but I think this Batmobile is the best version Lego has put out yet (and is based, I'm told, on the one from Beware the Batman but it looks like the one Norm Breyfogle drew in the early 90s to me).

The minifigs are pretty awesome, too. New looks for both Batman and the Riddler (Bats is, again, supposedly based on Beware the Batman, so maybe the Riddler is, too? I'm not sure as I've yet to see the show), and then there's the Flash, who might be the best-looking superhero minifig yet. His helmet differs from the one in the video game (and my avatar) and looks closer to the comics, and fits right over either side of the double-sided head (which is solid red except for the face printing, sort of like they do with the Stormtroopers now), and it really looks like the comics cowl. Front and back printing on the torso, and best of all, none of those silly extraneous Jim Lee costime lines!
  • Options

Picked up The Riddler Chase set during our post-Lego Movie trip to the Lego Store and got the chance to put it together this week. Awesome set. The Riddler's dragster is a bit on the lame side, but I think this Batmobile is the best version Lego has put out yet (and is based, I'm told, on the one from Beware the Batman but it looks like the one Norm Breyfogle drew in the early 90s to me).

The minifigs are pretty awesome, too. New looks for both Batman and the Riddler (Bats is, again, supposedly based on Beware the Batman, so maybe the Riddler is, too? I'm not sure as I've yet to see the show), and then there's the Flash, who might be the best-looking superhero minifig yet. His helmet differs from the one in the video game (and my avatar) and looks closer to the comics, and fits right over either side of the double-sided head (which is solid red except for the face printing, sort of like they do with the Stormtroopers now), and it really looks like the comics cowl. Front and back printing on the torso, and best of all, none of those silly extraneous Jim Lee costime lines!

Yeah, my son and I both want that Flash mini-fig.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Great voice work on this one! Geeks of all stripes will appreciate the casting.
  • Options

Yeah, my son and I both want that Flash mini-fig.
    Hopefully they'll release a keychain version so I can end up with a couple of them. A small hole in a minifigure's head is a small price to pay (well, that and $4.99, or less if there's a sale) for getting some of the figures you want without having to buy a full set. I've picked up the small Hulk, Donatello, a blue & grey Batman, and several of the Monster Fighters monsters this way.
  • Options
    All of the Spring 2014 super heroes sets, Marvel and DC alike, are up on shop.lego.com now. No Flash keychain, but there is a Batgirl, which is making me think I'll skip the Joker Steam Roller set (which I was only really keen on for Batgirl and Robin, anyway; the steam roller is alright, but I really dislike that version of the Batplane and I don't need yet another black-suited Batman) and spend my 50 clams on the Hulk Lab Smash set instead.

Also, if you spend over $75 online or at the Lego Store in March, you can get a Martian Manhunter minifigure. I find it hilarious that J'onn gets a widely-distributed figure before Hal does (who has only been a Comic-Con exclusive so far, I think).
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I'm gonna have to buy two copies of The LEGO Movie Blu-Ray, because I'm gonna wear the first one out.
  • Options
    RIP Harold Ramis. :(

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    Interesting! Is the (inferior) Character Building line coming to an end?
  • Options
    And there went my savings...
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

And there went my savings...

Yeah, I have alternately wanted and dreaded a full Lego Doctor Who line for a few years now.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Anyone have $300 I can borrow have? (check out the video at the bottom!)

http://youtu.be/v0l6OA1VZpI
  • Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! A SANDCRAWLER AND DOCTOR WHO LEGO SETS!!!! I am going to need another mortgage.
  • Options
    I've been buying my wife mixel sets, and those make some cool creations. She's really enjoying building the sets.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Kre-O... it's Lego's awkward wannabe cousin, but I appreciate that the parts are Lego compatible and that they have access to licenses that Lego doesn't (like Star Trek... the Enterprise kit was actually pretty decent) and in-house stuff like Transformers and GI Joe.

That's all lead-in to my excitement to finding full boxes of Series 2 and 3 blind bagged GI Joe Kreons at TRU this afternoon, which was especially awesome because I never saw the first wave at retail at all (shades of the early days of the Lego Collectible Minifigs... never ran into those in the wild until series 3 or 4!). And thanks to Kreons all having those lovely, easy-to-read codes on the back, I was able to pick out Mutt & Junkyard, a 70s-style GI Joe (with fuzzy hair, no less!), and Atomic Man Mike Power (cool that the Adventure Team era is so well represented... let's hope we get a Bulletman soon!).

Was hoping to find some of the Lego Movie CMFs so I could finally pick up a President Business for both my son and myself, or else the Getaway Glider set (cowboy robots!), and came up empty-handed on both counts. But these were a nice consolation prize.