Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

So Melinda May is Skye's mom. That is why she is always so mean to her,it's the reason she came along on the mission and it's the reason she made it with Grant, to protect her from him.

I hope the clairvoyant is an actual MU character from the books or I will be sad.

I've been checking out this thread to see that one episode that makes me go "I seriously need to watch this show." This info tells me "don't watch it."

So, the most interesting character I found in the pilot is the mother of the most annoying? Irony?

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

So Melinda May is Skye's mom. That is why she is always so mean to her,it's the reason she came along on the mission and it's the reason she made it with Grant, to protect her from him.

I hope the clairvoyant is an actual MU character from the books or I will be sad.

Must remember not to check this thread before watching latest episode.

Dammit.

Kinda saw that coming, but still...

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    for a finally this was one of the worst eps of the season. worst acting yet and some pretty weak writing. The ending was decent and the follow shows promise. how can may be skyes mom?
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Wouldn't it be for this thread I might already have forgotten about the show - so thanks, I guess.

Not that it matters in the grande scheme of things, but our TV provider has removed the show from their "on demand" list (and left the first 3 episodes to be watched for free).

Just glad that ARROW is still rocking - rocking hard on all channels :D
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    The previews for the next half look like they are what I would have wanted to see from this half.

But the narration over them seemed both weak and meta, somehow. I should re-watch it and confirm those thoughts.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

Oh sweet lord... :-q
  • Options
    Don't forget that one of the showrunners is Marissa Tancharoen, who wrote the song "Nobody's Asian in the Movies" for the Dr. Horrible Commentary Musical.

Not at all surprising that 1/3 of the cast would be Asian, or that one of the major subplots would revolve around them.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited December 2013
    WetRats said:

Must remember not to check this thread before watching latest episode.

Dammit.

Kinda saw that coming, but still..
    I think that's a speculation. The episode didn't reveal anything. Unless I missed it. Having seen that speculation though, I could see that happening. I hope there's a more interesting choice though. A daughter of a villain perhaps. Not that that's any more or less creative.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Don't forget that one of the showrunners is Marissa Tancharoen, who wrote the song "Nobody's Asian in the Movies" for the Dr. Horrible Commentary Musical.

Not at all surprising that 1/3 of the cast would be Asian, or that one of the major subplots would revolve around them.

So every Asian character is related?!

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

That's just your guess, right? Or did I miss something?

• Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

M
    That follows how?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

M
    That follows how?
    It was a joke about if nobody's Asian in the movies & if this show has 2 Asian characters who are related, then are all Asian characters related?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

M
    That follows how?
    It was a joke about if nobody's Asian in the movies & if this show has 2 Asian characters who are related, then are all Asian characters related?

M
    Ah.

Now I follow.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    So the mid-season finale was pretty good. You got your usual Whedon "what's going to happen next" stuff happening here. I don't know who has or hasn't seen the episode yet but some interesting things happened and for the first time since this show started, I'm actually intrigued to see what is going to happen next.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I viewed it that she was the agent that dropped Skye off. That could just as easily mean that she killed Skye's parents but couldn't kill a child. One would assume that more people than Coulson would have an inkling that a field agent was pregnant - the uniforms don't provide much camouflage.
  • Options
    I never considered any of this. I thought Melinda just didn't like Skye. She has a lot of reason not to trust her and to be honest, for the most part, Melinda has all of the personality as a block of wood. I hope she isn't her actual mom. I think it would be just lazy writing.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

I viewed it that she was the agent that dropped Skye off. That could just as easily mean that she killed Skye's parents but couldn't kill a child. One would assume that more people than Coulson would have an inkling that a field agent was pregnant - the uniforms don't provide much camouflage.
    I would certainly prefer that scenario.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

She found out the agent's name that dropped her off, Coulson said that didn't mean it was really her mom, the agent she said wasn't May it was someone else. Coulson just said May was going to help with the case.

I'd say it's a lot more likely that Coulson is her father than May is her mother.

And I doubt either of them are.

What another great episode.

Too bad they don't have any central villain while creating each episode. It would be nice if there was a group that Shield was suppose to go against instead of all the monster of the week shows that they're doing every single week.

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Krescan said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

She found out the agent's name that dropped her off, Coulson said that didn't mean it was really her mom, the agent she said wasn't May it was someone else. Coulson just said May was going to help with the case.

I'd say it's a lot more likely that Coulson is her father than May is her mother.

Too bad they don't have any central villain while creating each episode. It would be nice if there was a group that Shield was suppose to go against instead of all the monster of the week shows that they're doing every single week.

I must have forgotten the fact that she had the agent's name. I certainly agree that May is in on it, but don't think that either are one of the parents.

To an extent, they do have a central villain in Centipede. It's just an unfortunate name, especially when they keep dropping phrases which are really very Hydra-esque - destroy one to only have another pop up and what not.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Who is the clairvoyant? Any guesses?
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Who is the clairvoyant? Any guesses?

I'm kinda hoping that it's Mentallo. He and the Fixer first showed up in the early SHIELD stories back in the 60's.

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    hauberk said:

Krescan said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

To an extent, they do have a central villain in Centipede. It's just an unfortunate name, especially when they keep dropping phrases which are really very Hydra-esque - destroy one to only have another pop up and what not.
    They do, I was being sarcastic to the ones that complain that there wasn't a central villain. There just wasn't one slapping us in the face every episode saying "hey I'm the bad guy" or that Spider-man didn't wander through every third episode.

I'm just really enjoying what they're doing and hope whatever it is they do to appease the naysayers doesn't ruin it for those of us that like it the way it is right now.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Krescan said:

hauberk said:

Krescan said:

hauberk said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

They do, I was being sarcastic to the ones that complain that there wasn't a central villain. There just wasn't one slapping us in the face every episode saying "hey I'm the bad guy" or that Spider-man didn't wander through every third episode.

I'm just really enjoying what they're doing and hope whatever it is they do to appease the naysayers doesn't ruin it for those of us that like it the way it is right now.

Unfortunately for those that like it the way it is, the ratings are not there. There may not be enough of you.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited December 2013
    JDick said:
    It'll definitely be renewed (and, don't forget, the production company is inhouse as well, which sometimes allows extra protection from cancellation).

But I wouldn't be surprised if they make some changes. I mean-- this is a show tied in to some of the most successful movies in, well, the universe I think it is safe to say. Given that, the series is underperforming.
  • Options
    David_D said:

JDick said:
    It'll definitely be renewed (and, don't forget, the production company is inhouse as well, which sometimes allows extra protection from cancellation).

But I wouldn't be surprised if they make some changes. I mean-- this is a show tied in to some of the most successful movies in, well, the universe I think it is safe to say. Given that, the series is underperforming.
    Change #1 they should make: Add J. August Richards to the cast.
  • Options
    Yeah. J. August Richards character is rather awesome. The problem though is with both Agents Ward and Melinda, does he become redundant? They already have two butt-kicking agents.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Yeah. J. August Richards character is rather awesome. The problem though is with both Agents Ward and Melinda, does he become redundant? They already have two butt-kicking agents.

Can you have too many buttkickers?