Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Yeah, I thought Episode 10 should have been in the top 4 or 3 episodes. It's where everything seemed to sort of click for me. I don't dislike this show. It's not wowing me like others but I do enjoy it enough to continue to watch and see where it goes.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I agree with their assessment of episode #8 (The Well)
  • Options
    Stan Lee just announced he's going to have a big role in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-stan-lee-appear-marvels-668771
  • Options

Stan Lee just announced he's going to have a big role in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-stan-lee-appear-marvels-668771

Im not sure of this is a good thing or not but I am sure it can't get any worse.
  • Options
    I don't think it's going to improve ratings or storylines. Just one more way to throw red meat to the Marvel faithful I guess...

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Just watched "it's a magical place" episode. I enjoyed the heck out if it.
  • Options
    Mild Spoilers....

Ugh... This was really it for me. I'm done until there's proof this show got better. We got an average episode with all the usual weaknesses, and no answers masquerading as big reveals. Like we didn't already know something was up with Coulson's resurrection. All that's different is that he know too. We still have no answer to the only question that matters, "why?" I mean are we to think that Nick Fury just couldn't go on without his little buddy?

And Shield takes down Centipede facilities all over the world, grabbed high profile members and yet no one knows anything about them, like what their motivation is or what true threat they present. And does anyone really care about Mike Petersen?

I am in awe of just how much this show gets wrong in a general storytelling sense.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Mild Spoilers....

Ugh... This was really it for me. I'm done until there's proof this show got better. We got an average episode with all the usual weaknesses, and no answers masquerading as big reveals. Like we didn't already know something was up with Coulson's resurrection. All that's different is that he know too. We still have no answer to the only question that matters, "why?" I mean are we to think that Nick Fury just couldn't go on without his little buddy?

And Shield takes down Centipede facilities all over the world, grabbed high profile members and yet no one knows anything about them, like what their motivation is or what true threat they present. And does anyone really care about Mike Petersen?

I am in awe of just how much this show gets wrong in a general storytelling sense.

I've only heard about it, so I don't know how it was presented, but it seems like they're trying to avoid making him a LMD. Since fans have been saying that's how they'll bring him back long before the series even aired. Do you think its been DC Monarch-ed?

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited January 2014
    Matt said:

Mild Spoilers....

I've only heard about it, so I don't know how it was presented, but it seems like they're trying to avoid making him a LMD. Since fans have been saying that's how they'll bring him back long before the series even aired. Do you think its been DC Monarch-ed?

M
    I'd say that they never intended to have him be an LMD (probably because it was expected and makes an easy red herring) and that the revelations as to what really happened will eventually lead into... something. But to what? I don't know or care at this point.

Frankly, I don't know what this show is about. The team still doesn't have a real purpose except to serve the plot of that week's episode and the viewer is left completely in the dark as to anyone's motivations or goals. Every mystery that's been "answered" has been done in the least satisfying way possible.

May's backstory is revealed expositionally, with no bearing on the events currently happening? After weeks of holding back?

The secret of Skye's parentage is revealed to two of the main characters hidden from view from the audience? And we're told that she can never know, but are never told why?

And Coulson's resurrection... After weeks of speculation, we are shown what we already know, He didn't really go to Tahiti. But what we saw was so absurd that it could literally have been anything. You could have had monkeys in fireman's uniforms chanting voodoo while waving tamborines over Coulson's corpse, had Ron Glass walk in use the same exact dialogue and nothing about the scene would have been signifigantly altered storywise.

They seem more concerned with peeling back layers of Coulson's skull than layers of the mysteries they've laid out. Either they weren't particularly interesting to begin with (Agent May's) or they keep the viewer completely in the dark when revealing just one salient detail wouldn't ruin the mystery but instead create suspense and tension.

Instead we have one mystery that's already been solved by half the team, who've decided they're keeping to themselves. Literally, all they have to do is tell Skye the answer and that storyline is over. A season arc that could be ended with a 5 minute conversation. But if they told the audience why its important to keep it a secret, then when details of that secret begin to emerge we will understand the threat and there would actually be an air of suspense.

And another mystery that's only one by virtue of a complete lack of details. No one knows anything, and no one knows anyone who really knows something about Coulson. If Centipede knew one fact about this story that we didn't and that was revealed to Coulson (and the audience), this would have made for a fine episode. It simultaneously would have increased the threat of Centipede as an organization capable of going head-to-head with Shield, and propelled this other story forward a notch. Instead we are essentially in the same place, only now Coulson is going to scowl a little more.

The show is so inherently flawed in its execution that, as much as I want a Marvel show to succeed, I can't keep watching this one. None of these issues have anything to do with the also valid concern that they've done almost nothing to add to the MCU. Its not something that can be excused because of budget. They are simply not telling a coherent story in an engaging way.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    So...Skye's an alien....am I the only one who thinks that actually makes sense?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm........not sure what the heck I watched. I don't get the reasoning for Coulson's resurrection and I know that my Marvel lore is a bit......limited to what I've read from the 80s and the 90s but is there something that explains what the heck was going on from the comics? As I'm not a huge fan of Skye, her parents identities is probably the least thing I care about but I swear to Asgard that if May winds up being her mom, I'm going to be very disappointed.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    meanwhile another Swiss VOD provider removed the show....
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited January 2014

The episode as a whole was pretty good. I wonder if the clairvoyant will gather Blizzard(from last night), Gravitron, and any other superpowered baddie locked away and use them Against SHIELD.
    jaydee74 said:

I'm........not sure what the heck I watched. I don't get the reasoning for Coulson's resurrection and I know that my Marvel lore is a bit......limited to what I've read from the 80s and the 90s but is there something that explains what the heck was going on from the comics? As I'm not a huge fan of Skye, her parents identities is probably the least thing I care about but I swear to Asgard that if May winds up being her mom, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Did you watch it last night? She's now an object of unknown origin...alien I'd assume.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    That was the thing I was hoping they would avoid, giving team members powers.

Please don't use True Blood as a blueprint.

Otherwise it was good, but not my favorite.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Coulson & May beginning to distrust SHIELD.

We continue to move toward The Winter Soldier.
  • Options
    So assuming Skye will realize she has powers I'm beginning to think she'll be like The Drummer from Planetary. She already has a way too easy time with technology and different information systems.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jaimie Alexander is guest starring on an upcoming episode of SHIELD. Not usually a sucker for stunt casting, but maybe, just maybe....

newsarama.com/20082-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-getting-asgardian-guest-star.html
  • Options
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    random73 said:

well "proper supervillan" might be overstating it a bit but its a start.

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/12/agents-s-h-e-l-d-will-finally-see-proper-supervillain/

At this point, I'll take what I can get.

Man, this show is a hot mess, but I can't help watching it.
  • Options
    random73 said:

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/12/agents-s-h-e-l-d-will-finally-see-proper-supervillain/

Well, that was this past week's episode(the article you link to is from before Christmas) and Blizzard is just like k e Gravitron...no powers until the very end..and the never actually call him Blizzard.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

random73 said:

Well, that was this past week's episode(the article you link to is from before Christmas) and Blizzard is just like k e Gravitron...no powers until the very end..and the never actually call him Blizzard.
    yeah that why it was an overstatement. I think the 2nd half of this season is better than the first half. Using the Netflix scale it gets three stars out of five. The characters are still pretty 2 dementional but i don't have any suggestions on how to fix it apart from starting over.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Hmmm... must say I didn't see that coming. I like it.
    Spoilers for upcoming shows.
  • Options
    This just in: Mike Peterson to be revealed as Deathlok. I didn't see that one coming!
  • Options

This just in: Mike Peterson to be revealed as Deathlok. I didn't see that one coming!

Although from how it looks to play out, this version of Deathlok will probably only have a thin resemblance to the Deathlok I know from the comics. The Deathlok I know is from the future (maybe that's why the "Clairvoyant" knows everything... because he is from the Future). I wonder if the show will even refer to Mike Peterson as "Deathlok"?

Fingers crossed Mike will have some witty dialog banter with his 'puter.

Regardless, I think this could be very cool.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Hex said:

Although from how it looks to play out, this version of Deathlok will probably only have a thin resemblance to the Deathlok I know from the comics. The Deathlok I know is from the future (maybe that's why the "Clairvoyant" knows everything... because he is from the Future). I wonder if the show will even refer to Mike Peterson as "Deathlok"?

So, the Clairvoyant is Kang?
  • Options

So, the Clairvoyant is Kang?

Nah, I doubt it. I don't think marvel would waste a high profile baddie on the TV show.
    I like the theory of the Clairvoyant being from the future; more likely some Marvel Time Traveller further down the list... Zarkko, The tomorrow Man, or maybe Judas Traveller?

Maybe they will tie this into the movies and pull in the Time Gem? I'm secretly holding out for King Solomon's Brass Frogs.
  • Options
    Hex said:

I agree.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/23/deathlok-headed-for-marvels-agents-of-shield/
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited February 2014
    Deathlok!

I haven't been in this thread for a little while so that was a really cool reveal. What did you think?
  • Options
    I think thats the best episode of the season (what is Joss' deal with trains?) and the 2nd half of the season has been noticably better than the first half but i don't know if it is enough to redeem the show.