Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I'm sure Coulson's wearing the suit & tie under his parka.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I would love it if they had Ward embrace the Dark side. They have already introduced Agent Triplett to take his place as "muscle" on the team. Not that I think it is gonna happen, but it would be awesome. And I'm still holding out hope that "Triplett" will end up as Triathlon/3D-Man.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, I hope Ward is actually HYDRA. They built him up to be such a badass that I think he makes for a great villain. I do think his feelings for Skye are genuine and that could be his weakness.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014
    Finally watched this weeks ep... If everything revealed remains as is, the Clairvoyant reveal was a disappointment. Garrett being Hydra is cool, but as the season's "Big Bad" i just don't feel like we have enough invested. I really want Ward to really be Hydra. And for him to possibly be a recurring adversary for the team. I want Triplett to take his place because in 2 episodes has proven himself more interesting than Ward in 17.
    Greg said:

I think Ward is playing Garrett and Hand and Coulson are in on it. It didn't make sense that Hand would even suggest to Ward to kill Garrett, I could be wrong, it just seemed off and out of place to me.

This was so out of left-field that its stinks of a set up. I really want what we saw to be exactly what happened, but I don't trust this show to make really bold choices yet.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Finally watched this weeks ep... If everything revealed remains as is, the Clairvoyant reveal was a disappointment. Garrett being Hydra is cool, but as the season's "Big Bad" i just don't feel like we have enough invested. I really want Ward to really be Hydra. And for him to possibly be a recurring adversary for the team. I want Triplett to take his place because in 2 episodes has proven himself more interesting than Ward in 17.

Greg said:

I think Ward is playing Garrett and Hand and Coulson are in on it. It didn't make sense that Hand would even suggest to Ward to kill Garrett, I could be wrong, it just seemed off and out of place to me.

This was so out of left-field that its stinks of a set up. I really want what we saw to be exactly what happened, but I don't trust this show to make really bold choices yet.
    yeah. if he is just deep cover i'll be pissed. not surprised but pissed. I want him to be Hydra. That would be a twist i could be happy with.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Greg said:

yeah. if he is just deep cover i'll be pissed. not surprised but pissed. I want him to be Hydra. That would be a twist i could be happy with.
    I won't be pissed, but I will be pleased to be wrong.

Though I'll kinda miss Agent Hand if she's really dead.
  • Options
    I thought Hand was a good character but I could never really get behind the way the actress said a lot of her lines. They sounded.....wrong somehow. Its hard to explain.
  • Options

I thought Hand was a good character but I could never really get behind the way the actress said a lot of her lines. They sounded.....wrong somehow. Its hard to explain.

I understand.

My guess is the actress was confused by the streaks in her hair, and was plying the role a bit cartoony.

Honestly, most of what I liked about her was her look.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Yes. YES. YES!

Hell. YES!

Thank you, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Thank you.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Yeah that delivered. That's five on-screen kills for Ward. He's not Hydra but is indebted to Garret it seems.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Johnny Horton?

NICE!
  • Options
    rebis said:

Johnny Horton?

NICE!

Is it sad or awesome that when he said "lion's paws", I immediately thought of the Griffin?
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

rebis said:

Johnny Horton?

NICE!

Is it sad or awesome that when he said "lion's paws", I immediately thought of the Griffin?
    I did the same thing. So, I'm going to say awesome.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    rebis said:

rebis said:

Johnny Horton?

NICE!

I did the same thing. So, I'm going to say awesome.
    Same here..awesome! Great episode!

• Options
    It was a good episode but it worries me that they are already laying the groundwork for Ward turning on Hydra for Skye.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I thought it was Puma.....apparently cause I'm dumb and didn't wonder why a puma would have lion's hands.

So was that Sleepwalker that Garret said to follow his dreams?
  • Options
    This episode had the benefit of momentum from the previous ep, but there was so many cringe-worthy lapses in logic. May worrying that Hydra was behind Coulson's ressurection when they just discovered Hydra has spent the entire season trying to discover the secret behind Coulson's resurrection? Everyone doubting Coulson in the woods, as if he had taken them on a wild goose chase even though they had all seen the coordinates lit up on his badge? I could understand thinking they had been led into a trap, but acting like he had just lost it and that there was nothing to find? It was a pretty direct message.

I do like how the show seems to acknowledge how disappointing the Clairvoyant reveal was by having everyone be disappointed by it. Also, loved the twist on the barber shop secret base.

And finally, Brett Dalton is a terrible actor. Suddenly now that Ward is Evil Ward he has to squint and smirk through every scene? Why didn't they give him an ol'timey handlebar mustache to twirl or a goatee to stroke?
  • Options
    So glad they didn't take the quick out with Ward. I really hope the show commits to the long game and keeps him as a villain.

Loved the Griffin reference. Also loved the glimpse of Garrett's robotics and the appearance of the various artifacts that have been seen throughout the season.
    Patton Oswalt! Always a favourite of mine. Although Eric Koenig is a weird choice of character (former Nazi turned Howling Commando?).

Pretty sure "follow your dreams" dude is Blackout, scheduled for next episode.

I was pretty happy with how this episode went. Left me wanting more (in a good way).
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Hex said:

Although Eric Koenig is a weird choice of character (former Nazi turned Howling Commando?).

It's been a long time since I read the Sgt Fury comics so I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Koenig actually a member of the German resistance against the Nazis before hooking up with the Howlers?
  • Options

Hex said:

Although Eric Koenig is a weird choice of character (former Nazi turned Howling Commando?).

It's been a long time since I read the Sgt Fury comics so I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Koenig actually a member of the German resistance against the Nazis before hooking up with the Howlers?
    You would probably know better then I, but yes, that is the gist of Koenig's character.
  • Options

And finally, Brett Dalton is a terrible actor. Suddenly now that Ward is Evil Ward he has to squint and smirk through every scene? Why didn't they give him an ol'timey handlebar mustache to twirl or a goatee to stroke?

Bland.

James Bland.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    He's no Timothy Dalton, that's for sure...
  • Options

He's no Timothy Dalton, that's for sure...

Hell, he's no George Lazenby.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    There is only one George Lazenby.

LOL
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Is he the male equivalent of Kristen Stewart?

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014
    Matt said:

M

I don't know, Kristen Stewart has turned wooden emotionless affectation into an artform. Every role she takes seems like a challenge to get her to not react. She's the Queen's Guard of actresses.

Brett Dalton should never be in anything but Lifetime movies where he plays a nice neighbor who turns out the be the rapist/killer.

• Options

I liked it. It separated him from the "Agent Ward" persona that he puts on for SHIELD.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

M

I don't know, Kristen Stewart has turned wooden emotionless affectation into an artform. Every role she takes seems like a challenge to get her to not react. She's the Queen's Guard of actresses.

Brett Dalton should never be in anything but Lifetime movies where he plays a nice neighbor who turns out the be the rapist/killer.

I heard she's starring in the remake of Mannequin. She's only playing the role of the mannequin, while an actress is playing the live girl.

M
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    Hex said:

I would love it if they had Ward embrace the Dark side. They have already introduced Agent Triplett to take his place as "muscle" on the team. Not that I think it is gonna happen, but it would be awesome. And I'm still holding out hope that "Triplett" will end up as Triathlon/3D-Man.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Brett Dalton can't act, and no one liked him. Also, TV shows set in the superhero world eventually need superheroes, and ensemble TV shows need (as oversimplified and expect-the-worst-of-people-ish as this sounds) at least one black character.

Exit Wooden Boy, probably in the finale and with a lot of crying on Skye's part, and enter Agent Triplett.
  • Options
    Whirlwind said:

Hex said:

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Brett Dalton can't act, and no one liked him. Also, TV shows set in the superhero world eventually need superheroes, and ensemble TV shows need (as oversimplified and expect-the-worst-of-people-ish as this sounds) at least one black character.

Exit Wooden Boy, probably in the finale and with a lot of crying on Skye's part, and enter Agent Triplett.
    As much as I like Triplett and hate Ward... We would be stuck with a character named Triplett. This show just can't let us have a clean win!

Sidenote- if he becomes a Triathlon/3-D Man hybrid, what are the odds of that, that the one guy with the most on the nose name would get those exact powers? It would be one thing if the name was historical, but the character was invented for the show. That's golden age level obtuseness.