Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I loved the latest episode. I appreciate the attempt at special effects but that car fall was horrible. Besides that scene the show was a blast.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

I have absolutely no complaints about this episode...

Ok, just one...

Why do all the best eps end with someone falling out of the plane. It's as if they want to highlight their budgetary limitations, "enjoying this episode? Here's something that looks terrible and ridiculous!" Wasn't it enough to see Deathlok's hockey goalie outfit?

I was starting to think they'd forgotten the damned car could fly.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I am enjoying the show. I am intrigued with the story and I am genuinely concerned for some characters as well as wondering what is coming next. I just wish it didn't take this long to get me to this point.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I knew that poor dog was gonna get it the minute they said his name was "Buddy".

Really digging these most recent episodes in the countdown to the season finale. Can't wait for next week.
  • Options
    Triplett's grandfather's suitcase is probably the highlight of the series.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    For real this time. No complaints. This is exactly the show I wanted to watch. Now the question is can they keep it up for season 2? And the suitcase was amazing. I hope the use Triplett's Hypno-beam to erase the first 2/3rds of the season from everyone's memory.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

For real this time. No complaints. This is exactly the show I wanted to watch. Now the question is can they keep it up for season 2? And the suitcase was amazing. I hope the use Triplett's Hypno-beam to erase the first 2/3rds of the season from everyone's memory.

Was the show renewed for a second season?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M
    They haven't announced it yet, but I think they're being cagey because of whatever big twist the final episode holds.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Matt said:

M
    It's almost a lock.this is a little inside baseball but despite hemorrhaging viewers early on it still does really well in the 18-49 demo, and ABC doesn't have a lot of hits in that area.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Digital Spy pretty much states that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting renewed and that ABC is considering Agent Carter as a limited series to air between the end of this season and the beginning of next season. I'd watch a mini-series with Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter.

I'm not certain of the veracity of their reporting, and this article is also 3 weeks old, but it would be very bad optics for AoS to be cancelled right after Captain America: Winter Soldier did boffo box office last month - and continues to do well (it finished in 4th place this past weekend with a running total of $237,155,480). At this point, I'm guessing the chances of renewal for AoS are somewhere around 99%, give or take a percentage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhihJNHlt4
    And Nick Fury guests on the season finale (notice I didn't say series finale?)

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    "Prepare for a large file transfer!"

"...How large?"

*throws a file cabinet out the window*
  • Options
    ABC makes their official fall lineup announcement Tuesday May 13th, the same day the season finale airs. They are traditionally the most reluctant to make season pick-up or cancellation announcements before their upfronts for some reason.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

I'd watch a mini-series with Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter.

I'd rather watch her do nude jumping jacks but I'll settle for that.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    That season finale must be a doozy....

By that, I mean, the show is good NOW, but it started off pretty bad. While it's been steadily getting better and better, that's not enough to hedge your bets on an entire additional season. You have to have continued improvement AND a solid direction. So the finale must set the table for something VERY interesting...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I anticipate some crossovers between the two series, as at least once during the season, a plot thread established in the past will be picked up in the present, or a revelation in the present will then be explored in the past.

I further expect Triplett's grandfather (Gabe Jones?) to be at least a recurring character on Agent Carter.

And I *hope* to see Howard Stark and Dum Dum Dugan pretty often as well.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they didn't make some major changes to the series in the second season. I think criticism has been too harsh, but in hindsight there are things that could have been improved upon, and I suspect that they will in season 2.
  • Options
    I also have to say, I am so glad that Fitz and Simmons, while still captured, at least didn't commit the trope sin of disobeying orders. I really thought Fitz was going to convince Simmons to board the plane somehow. Using the retrievers was a great idea.

I'd like to thank the show of not being too cliche' lately.
  • Options

I'd be surprised if they didn't make some major changes to the series in the second season. I think criticism has been too harsh, but in hindsight there are things that could have been improved upon, and I suspect that they will in season 2.

Definitely.

The new season will essentially be a reboot.

My guess: Fury sets them up with enough funding to keep The Bus operational (one hopes with a paint job or a stealth upgrade), and the focus of the season will be hunting down the prisoners freed from The Fridge.
  • Options
    I am *so* happy!

I really hope they don't screw with next season's schedule too much, and get some of their viewership back.
  • Options

I am *so* happy!

I really hope they don't screw with next season's schedule too much, and get some of their viewership back.
    As it turned out, the schedule-screwing was crucial to the Winter Soldier tie-in.
  • Options
    Regarding viewership, the show is apparently very heavily-HULUed. (That's how I watch it)

Since Disney owns 27% of HULU, they seem quite happy.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Well I hope they find a middle ground after appeasing everyone cause what they weren't doing that apparently everyone wanted them to do was what I didn't want, I've been losing interest each week.

Though the howling commandos spy kit was pretty cool
  • Options
    Now an Agent Carter mini-series is something I'd be interested in watching.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M

Just a mini?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

I anticipate some crossovers between the two series, as at least once during the season, a plot thread established in the past will be picked up in the present, or a revelation in the present will then be explored in the past.

I further expect Triplett's grandfather (Gabe Jones?) to be at least a recurring character on Agent Carter.

And I *hope* to see Howard Stark and Dum Dum Dugan pretty often as well.

You took the words right out of my mouth. A WWII era SHIELD Agent Carter series will be killer. Plenty of opportunities for indirect references and "cross-overs" between the two shows.

I think you are right about Gabe Jones, although I am holding onto a sliver of hope for Isaiah Bradley to be Triplett's Grandfather.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

Just a mini?
    Yup. A 13 episode series is perfect. No room for filler eps & no long term weekly commitments.

M
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of "filler episodes".

For me, big story arcs that build in intensity and slowly emerge from among a number of more mundane cases are more interesting than the more novelistic, every scene counts approach.

I like open-ended storytelling.

Probably why I've been a comic book fan so long.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I'm a big fan of "filler episodes".

For me, big story arcs that build in intensity and slowly emerge from among a number of more mundane cases are more interesting than the more novelistic, every scene counts approach.

I like open-ended storytelling.

Probably why I've been a comic book fan so long.

I've got almost no time to sit & watch a show. Cut to the chase & get to it already.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Matt said:

I've got almost no time to sit & watch a show. Cut to the chase & get to it already.

M

Agreed.