Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I think if- after all the complaints of not enough MU characters- they were to pull Triathlon out from waaaay back on the bench, that would be punk rock. A sort of meta FU. I mean, could 3D Man and US1 not be far behind?
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Whirlwind said:

Okay, so I have to note the Triathlon references. In the comics, Triathlon's real last name is Garrett. Agent Garrett's sidekick in the show was named 'Triplett'. And, the interface was called 'Triskelion'. Are these coincidences, do y'all think?

I suspect that they're setting it up so that, if the storyline requires it, they can make Triplett into Triathlon later. I don't have much basis for that hunch, admittedly, but I do suspect it.

Good catch. I don't know that they'll actually go that way, but I think you're right in that the set-up is at least there.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,616
    David_D said:

I mean, could... US1 not be far behind?

8-> please
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

David_D said:

I mean, could... US1 not be far behind?

8-> please
    NFL SuperPro?
    Rocket Racer?
    Savage Steel?

All ripe for a televisual comeback.

• Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94

Whirlwind said:

Okay, so I have to note the Triathlon references. In the comics, Triathlon's real last name is Garrett. Agent Garrett's sidekick in the show was named 'Triplett'. And, the interface was called 'Triskelion'. Are these coincidences, do y'all think?

I suspect that they're setting it up so that, if the storyline requires it, they can make Triplett into Triathlon later. I don't have much basis for that hunch, admittedly, but I do suspect it.

Good catch. I don't know that they'll actually go that way, but I think you're right in that the set-up is at least there.
    Agreed. Marvel has made a tactic, it seems, of introducing threads that they may or may not ever follow up on, but have if they need them - the "I can swim!" kid in CA, and the Civil War-like civilian grumblings at the end of Avengers, for example. I think this is one of those.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Surprised no one has mentioned Lorelei!

Offhand, I think she's Amora's sister in the comics.
  • Options

I think its because we already knew that there was an upcoming Lady Sif episode, so its less of a sly reference and more of a set up for that.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Whirlwind said:

Good catch, Triskelion though is the HQ for the Ultimates, or I guess possibly now for the Avengers
  • Options
    I'll say this: This show is slowly getting better and better. I'm glad I decided to give it one full season before abandoning it (no matter HOW God awful it got). I still have some issues with it, but it's not as bad as it was.
  • Options
    I gave up on this show after the first episode or 2, but the Lady Sif appearance has caught my interest. Would I be able to watch it as a stand-alone episode, or is there too much season-long backstory that I'd be missing?
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I gave up on this show after the first episode or 2, but the Lady Sif appearance has caught my interest. Would I be able to watch it as a stand-alone episode, or is there too much season-long backstory that I'd be missing?

You might want to go back and catch the last two or three episodes, at least for more information on Colson.
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    Definitely at least watch the episode before Sif.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    If you don't care about the big story arc I think you can just watch the Sif episode and follow her story just fine.

• Options
    I loved the Sif episode. I actually didn't know she'd be in it!

This show is getting better and better for me.
  • Options

I think its because we already knew that there was an upcoming Lady Sif episode, so its less of a sly reference and more of a set up for that.
    I didn't know... Usually I would, but I've been away from comic/tv news.

Worked out for me this time, so happy to be in the dark this time.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:
    Okay...THAT might mean I'm watching an ep! Love me some Amy!

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    David_D said:

mean, could 3D Man and US1 not be far behind?

I thought for sure there was going to be some sort of US1 reference with the trucker dude intro sequence on that early "Graviton" origin episode.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    @Matt: Have you seen Much Ado About Nothing?

Ms. Acker is glorious.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited March 2014
    WetRats said:

@Matt: Have you seen Much Ado About Nothing?

Ms. Acker is glorious.

Not yet...but its in my Netflix queue.

M
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I like the show for what it is, or has become. I hope we get a couple more seasons just to see what they can do, with the cinematic universe still expanding. How would they tie in GotG? Or Ant Man? The Netflix universe?

But for now, what I REALLY LIKE is that we're gonna be getting new episodes every week until season 1 wraps up!!
  • Options
    It still feels to me like a show I would have dropped already if not for the Marvel connection. I really hope it makes some good progress in season 2 and the acting improves as well.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014
    demonbear said:

I like the show for what it is, or has become. I hope we get a couple more seasons just to see what they can do, with the cinematic universe still expanding. How would they tie in GotG? Or Ant Man? The Netflix universe?

But for now, what I REALLY LIKE is that we're gonna be getting new episodes every week until season 1 wraps up!!

I think certain revelations from recent episodes that will probably factor heavily in the finale indirectly tie into GotG.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Haven't seen Cap:WS yet, but dang tonight's episode was good. I do like how they are combining the show with the movies, but still leaving the TV show as it's own thing. I don't think I've missed anything not seeing Cap:WS yet. This is fun TV!
  • Options
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2014
    I wonder what ratings will be with people like myself coming back. They really tripped me up with Ward. He may have been but I hope not. Need to finally read my Secret Warriors run finally since that deals with this some.
  • Options
    Yeah, they completely tripped me up with the ending; by that point, I'd thought I'd finally figured it all out. I really did not see that coming. If I had any complaint with this episode (and I don't, really), it would be that there was no Deathlok in it. But I guess this episode didn't really need him.
  • Options
    This episode was fantastic!

This is the show I've been waiting for!

I feel like the second half has been so much stronger than the first.