Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

I had the show on in the background and didn't give it the attention I should have. Was the Inhuman (?) tracking down and killing new Inhumans the same critter from recent Inhumans title?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    rebis said:

Was the Inhuman (?) tracking down and killing new Inhumans the same critter from recent Inhumans title?

Yep.
    That would be "Lash" from the recent Inhuman book

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I wasn't familiar with the character since I am not reading the book but its nice to see more comic related characters added.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Damn, I need rewatch the last finale because I was totally lost. Personally season 2 underwhelmed me so i must not have payed that close attention.

SPOILERS:

I only barely remember something happened to Coulsons hand. I don't remember what happened to May or Simmons.

Decent opener though. I hope this season is better and the cast stabalizes.
  • Options
    I really want to stick with this show, because I used to like it, but I found myself just wanting the episode to be over, so I could get to something else on my DVR. It seems to be suffering from trying to cram in as many characters and easter eggs as possible, and the story is suffering. (so, basically, just like most of the Big 2's comic books).
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    zikaatlaw said:

I really want to stick with this show, because I used to like it, but I found myself just wanting the episode to be over, so I could get to something else on my DVR. It seems to be suffering from trying to cram in as many characters and easter eggs as possible, and the story is suffering. (so, basically, just like most of the Big 2's comic books).

Don't do it, man. If it's a chore to watch the show (or read a comic book series) you should just move on. Enjoyment shouldn't be forced.

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited November 2015
    Both are lame. Maybe if they had established Lash as a threat and not a monster of the week stretched over a quarter of a season, then torpedoing a decent character with this reveal would have had some impact. And while the off-world ep was good, the whole "let's throw another roadblock at Fitzsimmons" is dumb. They aren't such a compelling ship that 3 seasons of will they won't they is sustainable. Not that the show has excelled at interpersonal relationships particularly well, anyway.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited November 2015
    This show just hasn't held my attention like The Flash has. I haven't even caught up with season 2. I wish I were more enthused.

https://youtu.be/ciWAI1YUxLA
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not terribly invested or interesting in much of anything or anyone anymore on this show. Still watching but It's become basically background viewing for me. I don't hate it but it's no longer paying off for me personally in any satisfying way.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I don't know. I'm curious about the other organization and it's connection to HYRDRA.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I think this season has been okay so far.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's interesting enough. Not as good as 2 but better than 1.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with that. We (wife & myself) really liked season 2; it was much better than season one.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Well, if the chairman from Iron Chef America being revealed as an Inhuman working for HYDRA doesn't pique your interest...nothing will.
  • Options
    I thought this was a great episode. Lots of things were revealed and I'm very intrigued by HYDRA now. It's something more than even we thought and I'm curious to see how SHIELD and the ATCU react to what's happened.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Well, if the chairman from Iron Chef America being revealed as an Inhuman working for HYDRA doesn't pique your interest...nothing will.

That is the best crossover event ever. I loved the opening scene with the octopus dish and chairman in the background. Great Episode
  • Options
    Best episode in a long time.
  • Options
    I thought so too. I think things just got amped up and I'm looking forward to see what happens next.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

So we can assume the "hydra" master is the darkman on the planet (that was maybe killed by astronaught boyfriend) right? Which could mean Astronaught Boyfriend is part of intergalactic "hydra"?

It seems to me (from the flashback to enlightened "hydra") that the planetary explorers are more or less willing and knowledgeable volunteers.

So many layers this season.

Edit: when do we get an Alton Brown & Kevin Brauch guest spot? Screw seriousness Marvel has tons of goofy aliens. Maybe they host a show on an intergalactic space network "Hoodoo".
  • Options
    Blarg... This episode is, I think, a great example of what's wrong with the core concepts of this show. They are completely rewriting Hydra as an ancient Satanic death cult. That at their core that's what they are, and that their entire goal has been to release an ancient evil on humanity. Lame. But the real problem is that there is no threat that they can succeed. Hydra was a threat to the whole world, requiring the interventions of Captain America and The Avengers. Are we really supposed to beleive that Grant Ward is as dangerous and a Von Strucker or even Andrew Pierce? The show hasn't done much to establish him as anything other than a highly skilled thug. And if they were to get close, you're telling me that there wouldn't be a single A-list hero there to stop them? The Secret Warriors have been almost completely undeveloped. Shield itself is completely undeveloped as an entity. They seem to have no resources and unlimited resources and reach at the same time. And it's absurd to think that a paramilitary operation of that scale would be allowed to operate without having to answer to anyone. It's not like the intelligence community and governments don't know they still exist. As it stands they are essentially Coulson's private army. So I love scenes where people are like, "I don't trust SHIELD" as if they are still a bureaucratic behemoth. The show is complete nonsense at this point. I still watch it. It's just awful.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2015
    I have only seen 3 episodes of the show. I check in once a season and never find enough of a reason to stick around for more.

The shield agents seem wooden and uninteresting. I liked the rogue Hydra agent (I think he is rogue?) beating down a roomful of goons but besides that...meh. Except of course for seeing the guy from Iron Chef. That was awesome.

When I saw the Hydra is some ancient evil cult, the first thing I thought of is that Jed is stealing & repacking Josh's idea of Wolfram & Hart from "Angel"
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I love this show...but I'm a bit tired of Hydra right now.

• Options
    I like seeing HYDRA being built as something different. It feels bigger now. I hope the Astronaut isn't part of the overall HYDRA plot. It just would seem like lazy writing in order to get Fitz and Simmons together which at this point I don't care if they ever get together. I love the addition to Powers Boothe resuming his role from the Marvel movies and he makes such a good villain. I'm curious to see what they do on the show and how it will impact the movies as well.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I like seeing HYDRA being built as something different. It feels bigger now. I hope the Astronaut isn't part of the overall HYDRA plot. It just would seem like lazy writing in order to get Fitz and Simmons together which at this point I don't care if they ever get together. I love the addition to Powers Boothe resuming his role from the Marvel movies and he makes such a good villain. I'm curious to see what they do on the show and how it will impact the movies as well.

It won't impact the movies. That's part of the problem. It's a one way street in the MCU, because the film side doesn't want the audience, of which only a fraction actually watch the show, to feel like they are missing something when they sit down to watch one of the movies.
  • Options
    I do like how at least the Netflix shows use little bits of SHIELD. (And take bits of the movies as well)
  • Options

Blarg... This episode is, I think, a great example of what's wrong with the core concepts of this show. They are completely rewriting Hydra as an ancient Satanic death cult. That at their core that's what they are, and that their entire goal has been to release an ancient evil on humanity. Lame. But the real problem is that there is no threat that they can succeed. Hydra was a threat to the whole world, requiring the interventions of Captain America and The Avengers. Are we really supposed to beleive that Grant Ward is as dangerous and a Von Strucker or even Andrew Pierce? The show hasn't done much to establish him as anything other than a highly skilled thug. And if they were to get close, you're telling me that there wouldn't be a single A-list hero there to stop them? The Secret Warriors have been almost completely undeveloped. Shield itself is completely undeveloped as an entity. They seem to have no resources and unlimited resources and reach at the same time. And it's absurd to think that a paramilitary operation of that scale would be allowed to operate without having to answer to anyone. It's not like the intelligence community and governments don't know they still exist. As it stands they are essentially Coulson's private army. So I love scenes where people are like, "I don't trust SHIELD" as if they are still a bureaucratic behemoth. The show is complete nonsense at this point. I still watch it. It's just awful.

Definitely understand your points. It seems like Shield vs Hydra is more like a local gang war rather than the battle to save mankind. Unless we find out the "harvesting" of Inhumans leads to a more global plot.

My favorite scene is where Coulson has everyone gather in that large room to detail the plan to infiltrate the ATCU and goes through this whole plan and only the main six cast members are called out and given assignments. Too funny. I don't think its awful but I am still watching out of habit and waiting for something really big to happen. I guess it goes on hiatus in probably a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    So next week we get the New Warriors with one more on the way next week.
  • Options
    I feel like, although this show isn't where I WANT it to be just yet (and I couldn't even tell you where that is to begin with) that it's really upped the ante this season. The most recent episode had me watching INTENTLY. So, in that regard, I'd say job well done.
  • Options

So next week we get the New Warriors with one more on the way next week.

Alright! Nova! Speedball! Namorita!

Wait, did you mean the Secret Warriors? :p