Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Podcasts- What are you listening to?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    luke52 said:

Three podcast for me at the moment. CGS Obviously. John Robins and Elis James Radio X couple British comedians have weekly show, really funny show. Tell em Steve Dave Couple guys from Comic Book Men and Brian Quinn from Impractical Jokers.

Still these three with one addition. Myths and Legends. Does what it says on the tin, but really entertaining stuff of stories you may or may not know. Well worth a listen.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I'm about a month behind but I'm finally making some headway on my local comic shop's weekly Comic Conspiracy podcast. During the episode I'm listening to at this very moment, they're joined by Scott Synder.

http://www.geekbox.net/archives/2017/12/13/the-comic-conspiracy-episode-336/

• Options
    The Comics Alternative recently released an awesome interview with Seth. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp-6PI7FfJQ
  • Options
    I've become a fan of Geek History Lesson. It's available on youtube, but you can also get it on RSS, like what I still consider a normal podcast.

That said, there are some youtube-only episodes, like this one with Tom King.
  • Options
    Definitely going to check out a few of the suggestions here, but in addition to CGS I always listen to:
    Revisionist History
    Fantasy Footballers
    The Lowe Post
    Bill Simmons

I also cherry pick some of the Talking Comics podcast and Comic Book Club.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The Rorschach Test
    The Rorschach Test is a roundtable podcast taking a deep look at the hidden meanings, inner truths, and amazing details of the comic books, movies, and tv shows we all love. Join podcast veterans Brion Salazar and Chris Marshall as they welcome talented rookie Andy Tom to the table each week to discuss the latest stories, opinions, and controversies in pop culture.
    (Hopefully iTunes isn't "questionable")

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I've listened to a few of the test podcasts. It's okay. It needs Tom katers.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I just listened to last week's episode of 99% Invisible. Host Roman Mars interviews author/illustrator Scott McCloud in anticipation of the 25th anniversary of Scott's Understanding Comics.

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/speech-bubbles-understanding-comics-scott-mccloud/
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Two podcasts I discovered recently and love are both made by David Allan Coe's son.

Cocaine and Rhinestones-each episode is about some person or aspect of country music from the years 1900 thru 2000. Really well researched and well done show.

Your Favorite Band Sucks-Each week Cole and his co host take a band and explain why they think they suck. Newest episode was on Weezer. And the next one is on Nirvana.

• Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Just finished Dan Carlin's epic 6-part, 23.5 hour long, Hardcore History series, "Blueprint for Armageddon," an amazing tour-de-force recap of World War 1. Wow. I mean, just ... wow.

(@wildpigcomics ... if you haven't already listened to this, you need to do so. Right up your alley.)
  • Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    If anyone is interested in hearing interviews with the actors & creators involved in the making of some classic (and not so classic) superhero/science-fi/fantasy tv shows/movies, you should check out Comic Book Central. The host has over 200 episodes up and it runs the gamut from interviews with actors from the less well known tv shows to blockbuster films. It's all geek related from decades ago to today. He interviews cast members from the 70s Shazam tv show, 60s Lost in space, the cast of Gotham, Ilya Salkind, Richard Donner, Kenneth Johnston, Steven de Souza, Donald F. Glut, Lindsay Wagner, Ferrigno, Doug Jones, Burt Ward, Mark Hamill (always a fantastic interview) etc, He's even got an interview with Neal Adams talking about the old 1970s Power Records if you're interested., @nweathington , given your encyclopedic knowledge of all manner of geekery, if you're not familiar with this podcast, I think you may enjoy it.

By the way, I know several people have already mentioned wordballoon on here, but host John Siuntres has been absolutely killing it over the past few weeks! In the past 30 days alone he has interviewed (and these are long interviews) Dan Slott, Mak Waid, Bendis, Ordway, Tom King, Don McGregor, and as of yesterday (@AdamMurdough take note) Roy Thomas discussing his super teams set in WW2.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

If anyone is interested in hearing interviews with the actors & creators involved in the making of some classic (and not so classic) superhero/science-fi/fantasy tv shows/movies, you should check out Comic Book Central. The host has over 200 episodes up and it runs the gamut from interviews with actors from the less well known tv shows to blockbuster films. It's all geek related from decades ago to today. He interviews cast members from the 70s Shazam tv show, 60s Lost in space, the cast of Gotham, Ilya Salkind, Richard Donner, Kenneth Johnston, Steven de Souza, Donald F. Glut, Lindsay Wagner, Ferrigno, Doug Jones, Burt Ward, Mark Hamill (always a fantastic interview) etc, He's even got an interview with Neal Adams talking about the old 1970s Power Records if you're interested., @nweathington , given your encyclopedic knowledge of all manner of geekery, if you're not familiar with this podcast, I think you may enjoy it.

By the way, I know several people have already mentioned wordballoon on here, but host John Siuntres has been absolutely killing it over the past few weeks! In the past 30 days alone he has interviewed (and these are long interviews) Dan Slott, Mak Waid, Bendis, Ordway, Tom King, Don McGregor, and as of yesterday (@AdamMurdough take note) Roy Thomas discussing his super teams set in WW2.

No, I've never listened to that one. I tend to get most of that type of info from Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, but I may give it a listen.
  • Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    Oh I didn't know that Gottfried interviewed similar people. Just checked out the site and immediately see a Syd and Marty Krofft interview. I will definitely check it out. Thanks.