Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Podcasts- What are you listening to?

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Paul said:

Just started listening to Serial, which is like the best version of a true crime 20/20 investigation.

Yeah, I've been hearing about it for weeks now, but hadn't got around to pulling the trigger on it until this past Thursday, and now I'm absolutely riveted by it. I finished episode 8 this morning, and am dismayed that I now have to wait until Wednesday for the next episode (and am even more dismayed that there are only four more episodes left for this story)!
    Worse:

You have to wait until Thursday morning. At least, that is usually when they go live.
  • Options
    Yeah, the wait is killer. I think Serial might be the first real blockbuster podcast. Turns out everyone I know is listening, even people I had no idea listened to podcasts at all.

And I just want to give a shout out to @bats00‌ for mentioning Stuff You Missed in History Class. Just started listening to that and I love it.
  • Options
    Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men - I got off to a late start on this one so I have gone back and started to work my way through the backlog of episodes.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    I just became aware of the various podcasts on Wolfpop. Among the highlights is the limited run podcast with Sly Stallone?!:

http://wolfpop.com/shows

Another good one is Dana Gould's podcast:
    http://www.danagould.com/dgh/
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Really cut down recently. With a few of my favorites going on hiatus.

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana-I love indy wrestling and Colt's weekly show is fun.
    Riverdale Podcast-Thanks to Afterlife with Archie and the new Sabrina series I am back into the Archie family.
    Exploited Cinema-If you love sleazy film and cult movies this is one of the best podcasts about them. Not just saying that because I got added to the cast a few episodes back.
    CU Podcast-Been getting back into retro video games. So this is a great source of info.
  • Options
    still the occasional CGS, HHW, LOD & The Nerdist. i dont get to listen as much as i would want to, but these ones still put me in a familiar, happy place.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Paul said:

Just started listening to Serial, which is like the best version of a true crime 20/20 investigation.

Yeah, I've been hearing about it for weeks now, but hadn't got around to pulling the trigger on it until this past Thursday, and now I'm absolutely riveted by it. I finished episode 8 this morning, and am dismayed that I now have to wait until Wednesday for the next episode (and am even more dismayed that there are only four more episodes left for this story)!
    Oh yeah! Serial is fantastic. My wife and burned through the nine current episodes driving from Texas to Illinois for Thanksgiving break. We're hooked.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Just recently got back into:

CGS
    Half Hour Wasted
    The Longbox of Doom.

Also listening to:

The Self Publishing Podcast
    Better Off Undead
    The Creative Penn Podcast
    The Author Marketing Podcast
    The Sell More Books Show
    The Rocking Self Publishing Podcast
    Stuff You Should Know
  • Options
    Star Wars Minute is back with their dissection of Return of the Jedi!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Harmontown is playing Shadowrun now.
  • Options
    Started listening to NPR's "Invisibilia". Basically, This American Life and RadioLab has a baby.

Also enjoying "Maltin on Movies".
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    This week the Wanderers in the 4th Dimension Doctor Who podcast that I co-host hit a couple milestones- our 1 year anniversary and our 10,000th download.
    I'm listening to it now.

http://wanderin4d.libsyn.com/episode-41-the-web-of-fear
  • Options

Started listening to NPR's "Invisibilia". Basically, This American Life and RadioLab has a baby.

The first episode was very interesting. It's on my list now too.

I just caught up with Inkpulp Audio. Has anyone else listened to it? It's done by artist Shaun Crystal, and mostly it goes into the daily struggles of the creative process and all the insecurities and outside obstacles that get in the way. With the recent discussion about what pencilers do, what inkers do, etc., I think a bunch of CGS forumites might find it interesting.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451

I just caught up with Inkpulp Audio. Has anyone else listened to it? It's done by artist Shaun Crystal, and mostly it goes into the daily struggles of the creative process and all the insecurities and outside obstacles that get in the way. With the recent discussion about what pencilers do, what inkers do, etc., I think a bunch of CGS forumites might find it interesting.
    Thanks for recommending this. I'm up to episode six, and am really enjoying listening so far.

• Options
    Went back to one of my favorite history podcasts ever.
    Lars Brownworth's Norman Centuries.
    This is the history of a how a handful of amazing men changed the world in the course of 200 years.
    He also did the great 12 Byzantine Rulers podcast that explored the eastern roman empire.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I love NPR's Snap Judgement. Amazing stories with a cool beat. Very worth listening to.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    kiwijase said:

Thanks for recommending this. I'm up to episode six, and am really enjoying listening so far.

My wife and I enjoyed this podcast ;Serial as well.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Stuff they don't want you to know is pretty good, at times
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Recently became obsessed with Flip The Table, a fun podcast about bad board games.
  • Options
    compsolutcompsolut Posts: 150
    I posted this in the Top 5 Podcasts topic as well - sorry for the double up. I think it fits better here. :(

For anyone that loved Serial, and is wanting more about Adnan Syed, check out the independent follow up Undisclosed: The State Vs. Adnan Syed. It is done by a friend of Adnan's, who is now an attorney, as well as two others. They dissect the evidence, prove certain testimony as factual, some an false, and go deeper into the whole story. You also will hear about appeals, and a recent development that could prove to be a good thing for Adnan. I won't spoil it - it comes out every Tuesday, and there are only 10 or so episodes for you to catch up on. Enjoy!

http://undisclosed-podcast.com
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I caught up on CGS from last year (minus the two new episodes)! I am invincible!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    mwhitt80 said:

"Playing" "Shadowrun" more like...
  • Options
    Hey @Mr_Cosmic, thanks for digging up this thread.

I just started listening to "Thrilling Adventure Hour" and I have been suitably thrilled

So much fun.

I've had to spend a lot of time on the road lately, and have ripped through nearly the first hundred episodes.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

mwhitt80 said:

I've not listened to harmontown since the second week of shadowrun. It got bumped back BC I wanted to relisten to James Bond books. Now I'm like 70 episodes behind. There's only so much time.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

WetRats said:

mwhitt80 said:

I've not listened to harmontown since the second week of shadowrun. It got bumped back BC I wanted to relisten to James Bond books. Now I'm like 70 episodes behind. There's only so much time.
    I'll stick with Frank and Sadie Doyle.

I'd rather listen to genuinely funny people pretending to be drunks than real drunks pretending to be funny.
  • Options
    How cool is it that something THE PRESIDENT said ON A PODCAST dominated the national news for a day?

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I actually didn't think "it" (what he said) was cool at all.
  • Options

I actually didn't think "it" (what he said) was cool at all.

Did you actually hear what he said, or just what people who didn't listen to the interview said he said?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited June 2015
    The whole hour. When he could've celebrated the Charleston community for coming together in the midst of a tragedy, he instead chose to focus on gun-control politics, blur mass murder numbers to fit his ideology, and went so far as to use the n-bomb to lecture people on how racism is still a big problem in a country that elected a black man President, twice.

I don't tolerate that word from anyone, no matter the context. It is divisive - and to do it on a comedy podcast was classless. And to think that this is a President that frequently hosts music artists that use the n-bomb liberally.

I'm just disappointed that when this town is healing and demonstrating love, faith and forgiveness, President Obama is lobbing the n-bomb, stirring up painful feelings, politicizing tragedy, and lecturing the country. Thank God he wasn't the commander in chief on 9/11/2001.