Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Sunday I got 17 issues of black and white Hulk magazine for $3/copy.

Nice find. Those Marvel B/W magazines are so much fun.
  • Options
    Hit up the local indoor flea market and got the following for 25 cents each.

DC

El Diablo #1-Vertigo mini series
    Guardians of Metropolis #2

Marvel

Ectokid Unleashed #1
    Generation X #4

Indy

Enemy #1-Dark Horse
    Eliminator #2-Ultraverse
    Exiles #3-Ultraverse
    Fire from Heaven #2-Image
    Freex #2-Ultraverse
    The Mighty #3-Image fan magazine
    Ninjak #9-Acclaim
    Terminator Secondary Objectives #3-Dark Horse
    Wrath #1,2-Ultraverse
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    Just put an instock trades order in.

Walking Dead compendium 2 (gift for a friend)
    Doom Patrol archives vol 1
    Witchblade compendium 1.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Picked up the 3 issues of Alan Davis's The Nail (the first series) for 99 cents each on Comixology when they had their JLA 201 sale this weekend. Never read it, so this seemed like a good, cheap way to finally correct that. Probably should've picked up the second series while I was at it, but I wanted to make sure I liked this one first.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

Picked up the 3 issues of Alan Davis's The Nail (the first series) for 99 cents each on Comixology when they had their JLA 201 sale this weekend. Never read it, so this seemed like a good, cheap way to finally correct that. Probably should've picked up the second series while I was at it, but I wanted to make sure I liked this one first.

If you don't like The Nail, I'll send you the three bucks. That’s how confident I am you'll enjoy it.
  • Options

That is a great series. And I enjoyed the sequel. Which I think was titled "Another Nail".
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    EARTH 2 #5
    WORLDS FINEST #5
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #695
    GARFIELD #6
    PATHFINDER #2
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "Just reading comics & trades from my DCBS box" Edition

ACTION COMICS #13
    DETECTIVE COMICS #13
    FATALE #8 (MR)
    CRIMINAL DELUXE EDITION HC VOL 02 (MR) (I will get this for my b-day next week)

Matthew
  • Options
    Captain America DVD for $7

Had put off buying it till the price dropped. I have the Blu ray. But also wanted it on DVD.
  • Options
    random73 said:

After a conversation about Justice League in one of the other threads I made the decision to drop JL from my dcbs pull list because it just doesn't make sense to keep buying a book hoping it will get better. So I replaced it with All New X-Men by Bendis. This is a gamble for me because I'm not a huge Bendis fan but the concept of bringing the original x-men to the future now is intriguing.

Which thread was this? I need a reason to not read it. I got the first trade, thought it was mediocre, and still want to try it to read Shazam. I should just say goodbye and move on. I guess it's just that I'm a huge JLA and Captain marvel fan :(

• Options
    I picked up Justice League: Generation Lost on Comixology. I always wanted to read it. Maybe this can give me closure on DC. :)
  • Options
    Avengers vs X-Men #12
    Worlds' Finest #5
    Garfield #6
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Got my bundle in the post today...

Animal Man 13
    Swamp Thing 13
    Detective 13
    Earth 2 6
    Worlds Finest 6

Also got some of the Halloween mini books in my shipment.

Axe Cop
    Ghostbusters
    Cow Boy
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited October 2012
    Big haul this week, namely because I hadn't been to the shop in several weeks, and also because my LCS owner is in the process of buying a new home so he's having a big sale to help him out with that all important down payment.

Used trades, graphic novels, and bundled sets (which he normally prices at half off or more) were 50% off the lowest tagged price (i.e. typically 75% or more off of the original MSRP). Back issues were also on sale (25% off). The current promotion includes several long boxes filled with comic related toys (all on clearance) as well as several long boxes of quarter books.

BTW if you happen to live near Sunnyvale CA, Comics Conspiracy's sale runs through the weekend.

I purchased the following:

TRADES/ART BOOKS:
    James Jean's Rebus HC $10 (MSRP $45)
    Daniel Clowes Ghost World softcover trade $2.50 (MSRP $9.95)

COMICS
    Alabaster Wolves #5
    Batman #0
    Batman #12
    Courtney Crumrin #5
    Fables #120
    Fables #121
    Fairest #6
    Fairest #7
    Fairest #8
    Justice League Dark #0
    Justice League Dark #12
    Rachel Rising 10
    Rachel Rising 11
    Road to Oz #1
    Road to Oz #2
    Saga #6
    Star Trek/Doctor WHO Assimilation² #4
    Star Trek/Doctor WHO Assimilation² #5
    Wolverine and the X-Men #17
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    just bought from comiXology (sales):

- Cthulhu Tales Omnibus: Delirium
    - Cthulhu Tales Omnibus: Madness
    - Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1 - 3
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    So, Pennie (the GF) is going to do some shopping at Goodwill the other day. she sees a guy unloading some comics to take in to donate. She points a finger at him like Donald Sutherland at the end of Body Snatchers and shouts, "You! Geek! Give those to me! I have a Geek at home that will love them". apparently he didn't mind because he was donating them anyway. So i get home from work that night and there is a stack of probably 150 comics. A straight 75 issue run of pre-Fraction Ironman. a ton of Punisher including almost the entirety of Rucka's rescent run, Averngers Forever, DCnU Action Comics run, Infinity Gauntlent 1-4, Batmand and Robin the Boy Wonder. soooo. Woo Hoo! that is my comic goldmine story.
  • Options
    random73 said:

So, Pennie (the GF) is going to do some shopping at Goodwill the other day. she sees a guy unloading some comics to take in to donate. She points a finger at him like Donald Sutherland at the end of Body Snatchers and shouts, "You! Geek! Give those to me! I have a Geek at home that will love them". apparently he didn't mind because he was donating them anyway. So i get home from work that night and there is a stack of probably 150 comics. A straight 75 issue run of pre-Fraction Ironman. a ton of Punisher including almost the entirety of Rucka's rescent run, Averngers Forever, DCnU Action Comics run, Infinity Gauntlent 1-4, Batmand and Robin the Boy Wonder. soooo. Woo Hoo! that is my comic goldmine story.

What a find!!!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    random73 said:

....She points a finger at him like Donald Sutherland at the end of Body Snatchers and shouts, "You! Geek! Give those to me! I have a Geek at home that will love them".......

AWESOME \m/
  • Options

random73 said:

....She points a finger at him like Donald Sutherland at the end of Body Snatchers and shouts, "You! Geek! Give those to me! I have a Geek at home that will love them".......

AWESOME \m/
    Awesome! indeed. the girl is a keeper. :D
  • Options

random73 said:

After a conversation about Justice League in one of the other threads I made the decision to drop JL from my dcbs pull list because it just doesn't make sense to keep buying a book hoping it will get better. So I replaced it with All New X-Men by Bendis. This is a gamble for me because I'm not a huge Bendis fan but the concept of bringing the original x-men to the future now is intriguing.

Which thread was this? I need a reason to not read it. I got the first trade, thought it was mediocre, and still want to try it to read Shazam. I should just say goodbye and move on. I guess it's just that I'm a huge JLA and Captain marvel fan :(

I'm sorry i don't remember. L-)
  • Options
    AME COMI GIRLS #1 FEATURING WONDER WOMAN
    TRANSFORMERS REGENERATION ONE #84
    TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE ONGOING #10
    AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #13
    DEADPOOL #62
    FANTASTIC FOUR #611
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "Yesterday was my 35th b-day" Edition

BATMAN #13
    LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT ALAN DAVIS HC
    FANTASTIC FOUR #611
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 (just trying this out)

Matthew
  • Options
    Uncanny Avengers #1
    Ame Comi Girls Featuring Wonder Woman #1
    The issue of Adventures in the DC Universe featuring the Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Options
    mguy1977 said:

BATMAN #13
    FANTASTIC FOUR #611

Matthew

Well crap Happy Late birthday brah. Welcome to halfway to 70. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    mguy1977 said:

Happy birthday, Matthew! Enjoy your final year in the coveted 18-35 demographic. Next year, cultural irrelevance as you start checking off a new box on every survey you fill out.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mguy1977 said:

BATMAN #13
    FANTASTIC FOUR #611

Matthew

Happy Belated! Hope you had a good day of it.
  • Options
    Green lantern corps vol 1: fearsome

Interesting read. Answers a question from old history and raises some more questions about the guardians
  • Options
    Finally got my copy of Aquaman - The Trench in the post yesterday. Can't wait to sit down and get through it.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Jack of Fables vol 6
    Green Lantern No Fear tpb
    Green Lantern Agent Orange tpb
    Batman Ego and other Tales tpb
    DC cover girls
    Wonder Woman chronicles vol 2
    Captain America Red White and Blue
  • Options
    The 'what's not to love about October!" edition