Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    RASL is pretty good! Walking Dead I am still enjoying the long journey Rick & company is on but Kirkman is one twisted writer.

Matthew

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    A Wolverine pez for my lil cousin.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    @Greg OK, here's the quick scoop on Enormous... the art is actually pretty good it is a digital speed painting style but a little more detailed than some, however, they failed to convey "enormous" even with the massive size. This was my biggest concern and they really dropped the ball, even more so with the larger format. There is one two-page spread and instead of going big it is just zoomed way in on two creature's heads and fails entirely. ugh. It is OK that is probably the best I can say for it. At full price I'd say between a pants and a borrow, at a heavily discounted price it is a borrow maybe a buy.

Planetoid #2, freakin awesome. Wild Children I haven't read yet but the Rossmo art is strange in that it isn't really in his style for some reason. I haven't read any of the rest yet.
  • Options
    Finally broke down and bought a copy of The Fountain. Was waiting for a new printing so I could get a hardcover but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Also got a copy of Black Kiss by Chaykin, a copy of the first Gutters Omnibus (damn, that's a big book) and Idle Hands: The Art of Coop (I really love his stuff). Looks like some interesting reading for me.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Thus far, only Avenging Spider-Man #9, which now has me super-psyched for Captain Marvel #1 next week.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Batgirl #11
    Batman #11
    Batman & Robin #11
    Spider-Men #3
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I just went to the site which shall not be named and picked up a few trades:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum (believe it or not, I've never read it!)
    - Excalibur Visionaries: Warren Ellis vol. 2
    - A couple more Star Wars omnibi from Dark Horse
    - Two Showcase volumes - The Secrets of House Sinister and House of Secrets. When I was a kid I never liked being scared, so I never read horror comics, even when my sisters would pick them up. Now for some reason I feel a desire to read them.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    @Torchsong you are in for a treat with Batman Arkham Asylum (the Morrison one).

I am still burning through my stack this week, almost all of it has been great! Wild Children is a bit cliche and derivative and the Rossmo art is some entirely different style for this book that I don't quite get but at the same time I get because it fits the story. It seems like they should have just selected a different artist from the beginning rather than have him change styles so dramatically, even though he is perfectly competent in this. I still enjoyed it though.

Dancer, great again. Planetoid #2 is the standout so far by a mile! What a great book! Batman was one of the most disappointing and complete disasters of an ending in recent memory. Hated it entirely and in almost every aspect. Unbelievable, bad sequential storytelling, strange writing, and a different feel and vibe than the rest of the whole run aside from maybe issue #10 when it went off the rails. It went full flames in #11. Miserable. Transformers was a bunch of fun!

Believe it or not I actually even had some addendums!

The Transformers 100-page spectacular
    Bloodshot #1
    and I was given a copy of Punisher in space or some such, which was odd at best.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    Just put in my DCBS order after listening to previews. Figured, what the heck on the #0 bundles. I'll read over half I'm guessing.

All 55 DC #0 issues
    Avengers Childrens Crusade TP
    Nexus Omnibus TP Vol 1
    Venom Savage 6 TP
    All Star Western TP Vol 1
    Thief of Thieves TP Vol 1
    Justice League Dark TP Vol 1
    Stumptown V2 #1
    Robyn Hood #1
    Nemesis 2 #1
    Ghost #0
    Peter Cannon Thunderbolt #1
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited July 2012
    The "we got thunda and lightnin'" edition

Justice League #11
    ST:TNG/Dr. Who #3
    Skullkickers #16
    Captain Marvel #1
    Fantastic Four #608
    Adventure Time #6
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Haven't been to the store yet, but I used the rest of my MyComicShop.com trade credit last night for:

Gotham Central Vol. 4: Corrigan HC (had the other 3 volumes in HC, so I wanted to match)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1: Legacy HC (they only had the HC in stock, but I really wanted to start catching up on this series and didn't want to wait for Marvel to drag their feet bringing it back in print)
  • Options
    The "Everyone is hyped up for the third Nolan Batman film but me just give me Superman Man of Steel film already and I'll be very happy comic fan" Edition

BATWOMAN #11
    FABLES #119 (MR)
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    SAGA #5 (MR)
    DAREDEVIL #15
    FANTASTIC FOUR #608

Matthew

PS
    I don't "hate" the Nolan Batman films as I have them on DVD in my apt. I just prefer the Burton/Keaton Batman films instead. So bring on the re-reboot of Superman universe & see what brings next.

PSS
    I am pumped for the Guardians of the Galaxy film too.

• Options
    KaptainSequentialKaptainSequential Posts: 21
    edited July 2012
    From DCBS:

ADVENTURE TIME #6D -- 10 bucks for a variant of Jake turning himself into a city. I said "yes".
    FABLES #119
    SNARKED #10

From the shop:

ADVENTURE TIME #6A
    CAPTAIN ATOM #11
    DAREDEVIL #15
    WONDER WOMAN #11

I dropped Red Hood and the Outlaws today after realizing (a month too late) that the page count on the main story had been chopped down by several pages. NO DICE, CUPCAKE!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    from comiXology:

Skullkickers: Treasure Trove Vol. 1
    Collects SKULLKICKERS 1-12 plus Bonus Materials! In Skullkickers, two hard-headed mercenaries kill monsters and cause havoc in their search for money, fame and adventure. Along the way, they'll gore goblins, smash skeletons, punch plant people and whomp werewolves. This gorgeous oversized edition, loaded with extras and rarities, follows the SKULLKICKERS through the first 12 issues of their cult hit comic series. MTV Geek names SKULLKICKERS one of their Top 10 'Best Series of 2011', Ain't It Cool News raves that 'Everyone who loves comics should buy SKULLKICKERS' and Bleeding Cool calls SKULLKICKERS 'the next CHEW.'

401 Pages of good fun for a mere $11.99

Photobucket
  • Options

I dropped Red Hood and the Outlaws today after realizing (a month too late) that the page count on the main story had been chopped down by several pages. NO DICE, CUPCAKE!

How many pages did the main story get cut? I hope you find a better comic to replace it w/ Kap.

Matthew

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    i didn't buy anything but my DCBS box next week should contain

Silk Specter #2
    Justice League #11 (SHAZAM!)
    Nightwing #11
    Red Hood #11
    STTNG/Dr WHO #3
    Saga #5 (always a good read)
    Captain Marvel #1 (looking forward to this like you cannot believe!)
    Daredevil #15 (This is so good i don't mind them double shipping the hell out of it)
    Hack/Slash TP Vol1 My first Maniac (been waiting on this to ship for better than a year! I ordered it before i went to C2E2 2011)
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Along with my usual monthly titles, I picked up the new Blacksad and Showcase Presents: Rip Hunter Time Master. I preordered the Blacksad, but not the Rip Hunter, but I just couldn't resist the Joe Kubert, Alex Toth, and Nick Cardy artwork, and as a kid I really enjoyed the few stories that were reprinted in the 100-Page Spectaculars in the early ’70s.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    Picked up the first 3 volumes of Artifacts today. Comixology sale of course!
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    I picked up a DC Comics Presents back issue I found to fill a gap in my collection. It's number 94 with Supes, Lady Quark, Pariah and Harbinger. My god is that a terrible issue.

I also found a hardcover copy of 'The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic-Book Scare and How it Changed America' for half price. So I'll be reading that for awhile...
  • Options
    The "London 2012 Summer Olympics aka women beach volleyball returns" Edition

SUPERMAN #11
    FF #20

Matthew
  • Options
    The "Clark Griswold Appreciation Week" Edition

Voodoo #11
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #7
    Amazing Spider-Man #690
    Avengers #28
    Deadpool #58
    FF #20
    Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    Red Sonja/Witchblade #5
    Victorian Secret Girls of Summer
  • Options
    Vampirella archives vol 5. Really cool book & really cool art. Nice to see the time was taken to print this stuff in high quality.
  • Options
    Greg said:

The "Clark Griswold Appreciation Week" Edition

Voodoo #11
    Transformers More Than Meets The Eye #7
    Amazing Spider-Man #690
    Avengers #28
    Deadpool #58
    FF #20
    Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    Red Sonja/Witchblade #5
    Victorian Secret Girls of Summer

Hey @Greg,
    How are you finding red sinks/witch blade? I always find these x-overs sub standard so I was just wondering how this one is going
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    The "crying because no one reads anything I do" list :)

UNDERWATER WELDER GN
    BPRD HELL ON EARTH EXORCISM #2 (OF 2)
    TRIO #3
    SAKURAN GN VOL 01
    EVERYBODY LOVES TANK GIRL #1 (OF 3)
  • Options
    @JohnathanConstantine - Sonja/Witchblade isn't too bad. Its not exactly what you would expect out of this kind of crossover but has tropes you've already seen before with each character. My biggest concern was how these two were going to meet up. It was done pretty good.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    raided the hell out of some .50 bins today.

Blue Devil #1-2, and Annual #1
    Wolverine (1991) #43
    Wolverine (2007) #49-60
    Sherlock Holmes(Dynamite) #4-5
    Fury of Firestorm (vol. 1) 4, 6-11, 14, 17-37
    JLA #101-104, 106
    Green Lantern ('06) #9
    Justice Society of America ('91) #2-3
    Ruse #1-12 (Mark Waid's original run)
    Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (book one)
    Green Arrow: (1983 4 issue mini) #3
    Empire #0
    Contest of Champions #1
    Booster Gold (vol. 2) #39

total haul? 71 books.
    Total expenditure? $24.

• Options
    The "Burned the midnight oil & read new 52 Superman comics and they are pretty good--both Action & Superman" Edition

ACTION COMICS #12
    JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #12 (the last issue except for the JLI annual at the end of the month)
    DAREDEVIL #16

Matthew

• Options
    The "Brian Regan is a plague upon my sanity" edition

Worlds' Finest #4
    Earth 2 #4
    Transformers Regeration One #82
    Epic Kill #4
    Avenging Spider-Man #10
    Double Jumpers #2
    Garfield #4
  • Options
    Avengers vs X-Men 8 & 9
    Avenging Spider-Man 10
    Daredevil 16
    Hypernaturals 2
    Worlds' Finest 4
    Garfield 4
    Hawkeye 1
  • Options
    Worlds Finest #4
    Earth 2 #4
    Hypernaturals #2
    Superman Action Comics Volume One: Superman and the Men of Steel

I don't think I'm going to pick up any more trades of Action after that one. It was good but not so utterly thrilling that I feel I MUST know what happens next. 8 issues was really enough for this trade for me to really feel like I got a good sense of who Supes is in this new universe. Kudos to Morrison for getting me to read and enjoy one of his books though.