Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Silver Surfer #4
    Ms. Marvel #6
    She-Hulk #6
    Lumberjanes #4
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The "Long lost weekend of watching movies" Edition

Batman Eternal #15
    She-Hulk #6

Matthew
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Bravest Warriors #22
    TF Windblade #4
    Skullkickers #29
    Deadpool #32
    Original Sin #5.2 (Tenth Realm #2)
  • Options
    The "Usagi Yojimbo" Edition

SAKAI PROJECT HC 30 YEARS USAGI YOJIMBO (a large variety of artists submitting art of Usagi & that universe of characters to benefit the family during a challenging time of Stan's wife)
    BATMAN ETERNAL #16
    BATMAN #33
    SUPERMAN #33
    SAGA #21 (MR)
    VELVET #6 (MR)
    DAREDEVIL #6 (ORIGINAL SIN crossover tiein)

Matthew
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    rebis said:

PRINTED ON GLORIOUS NEWSPRINT!
    Well, to be fair the paper is a bit better quality then standard newsprint, but do you know how nice it is to open a book and not be blinded by the glare coming off of shiny pages?

I saw this today and was very tempted to buy it. Instead, I bought Batman '66 Volume One. I know as an adult, I think the show is a bit cheesy but dear lord, I loved it when I was younger and it just looks so pretty. I also got the free Detective Comics 27 issue. I thought it was very well done.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Beyond my usual monthlies:

Batman: Black & White HC
    Street Angel HC
    and the one I've really been waiting on...
    The Shadow Hero
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Original Sin #3 & 4
    Trees #2
    Evil Empire #2
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I picked up a couple trades today...

Saga of the Swamp Thing Vol 6
    American Vampire Vol 5
  • Options
    The "Finale of Fatale" Edition

Batman Eternal #17
    Fatale #24 (MR) Thanks for the series guys it was a good run! Thumbs Up

Matthew
  • Options
  • Options
    I stopped at a store called Great Escape in Nashville TN and bought a hardcover of Kick-Ass Vol1 and loved every bloody,cursing, and action packed page!!!
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Thanos: The Infinity Revelation OGN HC
  • Options
    Batman Eternal #20
    Supergirl #34 (DOOMED)
    Daredevil #7 (SIN)

Matthew
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    The "It's an awesome week for comics buying and I finally got one of those Original Sin Watcher bouncy eyeballs" edition:

Multiversity #1
    Fade Out #1
    Daredevil #7
    Ms. Marvel #7
    Legendary Star Lord #1 (2nd printing... missed the first one and was curious about it after the movie)
    Sensation Comics #1
    Batman Eternal #s 1 & 2
    Rom #26

And my DCBS box shipped, which contains the following:
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY ABNETT AND LANNING COMPLETE COLL TP VOL 01
    X-FACTOR TP VOL 15 THEY KEEP KILLING MADROX
    AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE TP VOL 01 ESCAPE FROM RIVERDALE
    TINY TITANS RETURN TO THE TREEHOUSE #3 (OF 6)
    HOWTOONS REIGNITION #1
    FIVE FISTS OF SCIENCE GN
    SUPREME BLUE ROSE #1
    TUKI SAVE THE HUMANS #1
  • Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    Cyclops #4
    Dream Police #4
    Sonic Universe #67

I had an interesting conversation with the kid working at the bookstore where I purchased the Sonic comic. He informed me his name was Miles and that he was named after Tails. This led into a fifteen minute discussion on all things Sonic and we were joined by his co-worker who proceeded to quiz me on my Sonic knowledge. I wish it was this fun buying comics all the time.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited September 2014
    Scouring the back issues:

Fantastic Four #193 (completing a solid run from Perez to Byrne)
    King Conan issues #26 - 30 (reader copies)
    Werewolf by Night #2 (just couldn't pass it up for $1!!)

My monthly DCBS arrival:

Star Wars #20 (Dark Horse)
    Sherwood #2 (12-Guage)
    Big Trouble in Little China #3 (BOOM!)
    The Man of Bronze Doc Savage #1 (Dynamite)
    Six Million Dollar Man Season 6 #5 (Dynamite)
    Captain Victory & The Galactic Rangers #1 (Dynamite)
    Inhuman #3 & #4 (Marvel)
    Spider-Man 2099 #2 (Marvel)
    Iron Fist Living Weapon #5 (Marvel)
    Silver Surfer #5 (Marvel)
    All-New Ghost Rider #6 (Marvel)
    Superior Spider-Man #32 (Marvel)
    She-Hulk #7 (Marvel)
    Rocket Raccoon #2 (Marvel)
    Legendary Star Lord #2 (Marvel)

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I'd one day be getting a bunch of monthly books from Dynamite and nothing from DC I would have laughed in your face... Wow.
  • Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited September 2014

If you'd have told me a few years ago that I'd one day be getting a bunch of monthly books from Dynamite and nothing from DC I would have laughed in your face... Wow.

I can relate. If you would have told me back in '94 that there would come a day when I would be completely uninterested in Spider-Man but would instead be reading four Image titles a month, I would have had your same reaction.
    How is Silver Surfer #5? I thoroughly enjoyed the first three issues but didn't care for #4, so I left issue #5 behind for another day.

• Options

How is Silver Surfer #5? I thoroughly enjoyed the first three issues but didn't care for #4, so I left issue #5 behind for another day.

Haven't read it yet. I still need to read issue #4! Maybe I should do so back-to-back? I'll let you know my thoughts.
  • Options
    I bought the first trade of Chew and Thor God of Thunder Vol1.
    I have finished Chew and it was a really fun, very well put together book that I enjoyed cover to cover (gross superpower and all). I am going to continue the series because I think I could really love the characters.

I am still reading TGOT but i LOVE THE ART in this book so much. It is some of my favorite comic are period and should be a book that people remember for years to come.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited September 2014
    Today I was randomly overcome with the desire to go discount bin diving. I haven't been in a good long while (at least six months) so I spent some time prior to leaving the apartment re-checking my "inventory" and updating my list.

Here's what I got...

$1.00 COMICS:

- The "I want all 'Final Night' issues for some reason" Edition

Superman: The Man of Steel #62
    The Power of SHAZAM! #20
    Aquaman #26
    The Adventures of Superman #540
    Superman #117

- The "I'm STILL trying to get all of the 'Superman: New Krypton' - 'War of the Supermen' issues..." Edition

Superman #685
    Supergirl #37
    Supergirl #38

- The "Actually that's just cool" Edition

(Prestige Format) Superman: Last Son of Earth Book 1
    (Prestige Format) Superman: Last Son of Earth Book 2
    The Spectre #1 (Hal's series)

$5.00 COMICS:

Green Lantern/Green Arrow #96 - #99, #102 - #106, #110, #113 - #115, #117 - #120

HALF OFF COVER PRICE:

(Novel) Justice League of America: Green Lantern: Hero's Quest

FULL PRICE:

(Sketch Cover) Multiversity #1
    Long Box

Quick notes, the sketch cover is the first one I've ever bought. The idea of putting all of my favorite alternate universe characters (both Marvel AND DC) on one cover by my favorite artist friends was too much to resist. Also, the long box is my fourth one. For whatever reason, I've considered just having 3 long boxes to mean that I'm just a casual collector. Crossing the threshold into 4 somehow seems to make me more of a serious collector, or at least an "above average" one. No idea why I think that...
  • Options

Haven't read it yet. I still need to read issue #4! Maybe I should do so back-to-back? I'll let you know my thoughts.
    Okay, just read 4 & 5. Still enjoying it. 4 did seem a bit weird, but it all made sense after issue 5. It also ended a nice arc, so if you can still get issue 5 I think you ought to and then decide if you want to continue. I have decided to keep going. I'm not crazy about the art, but I can't seem to get enough of Slott's run on the Surfer...
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I did some traveling today for work. Before I left the town I was in I decided to swing by a LCS. Picked up the entire Infinity story (#s 1-6), packaged for $15. That's almost 50% off cover! I can't wait to read it ...and all the digital codes still worked, so I can sell the issues later! \m/
  • Options

Okay, just read 4 & 5. Still enjoying it. 4 did seem a bit weird, but it all made sense after issue 5. It also ended a nice arc, so if you can still get issue 5 I think you ought to and then decide if you want to continue. I have decided to keep going. I'm not crazy about the art, but I can't seem to get enough of Slott's run on the Surfer...
    Thank you for the input. I decided to give issue #5 a chance. I have yet to read it but your endorsement has piqued my interest.

As far as new stuff, I'm doing the majority of my ordering through DCBS now, so I don't make it to the shop as much. I did, however, pick up Saga Vol. 2, which will make my wife happy as she devoured Vol. 1 before I was able to read more than a page. And I also plugged a hole in my Justice League Dark run with issues #31-33. I've been trying not to grow too attached to either of DeMatteis' Justice League titles, though, since I'm pretty sure I was the only person buying Phantom Stranger and Larfleeze and my interest in his work usually leads to disappointment when it's taken away from me. Anybody remember Daydreamers?

:^o
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Anybody remember Daydreamers?

:^o

Ah yes. Loved the cover art on Daydreamers, but never read it. 3 issues right?

Today I received the fruits of two ebay auctions I recently won. Now I have a full set of the ten volumes of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1985-1987 editions collected into tpb in 1992). Today I received volumes 8, 9, & 10. I've had the other volumes for some time, but couldn't find copies of the final three volumes for a price I was willing to pay. I am very happy. Appropriately, as @Adam_Murdough has begun his epic new podcast supplemental.

I had already collected the Essential Master Edition versions (1, 2, 3) from 2008 (collecting the updated versions from the early 90's), but I bought those sight unseen and was really disappointed with that collection. It was printed on cheap newsprint, and the characters were all posed in a boring triad of front, back, and profile. Average artwork. Immediately upon receipt of those volumes I decided to complete the mid-80's set and I am very happy to have finally completed that set. I'll be auctioning off the Essentials set asap.

Also picked up issues 177-192 of the original Iron Man for a song and the FCBD issue of Sherwood Texas that I missed. I've been digging that limited series from 12-Guage Publishing.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

I did some traveling today for work. Before I left the town I was in I decided to swing by a LCS. Picked up the entire Infinity story (#s 1-6), packaged for $15. That's almost 50% off cover! I can't wait to read it ...and all the digital codes still worked, so I can sell the issues later! \m/

You'll enjoy it. I think it's one of Marvel's best "Cosmic" story arcs ever.

• Options

fredzilla said:

You'll enjoy it. I think it's one of Marvel's best "Cosmic" story arcs ever.

Meh, I'm about halfway through, plus the avengers/NA tie-ins on Marvel Unlimited and I'm already questioning if I'll finish. But then again I have strongly disliked pretty much all of the Hickman I've read, so I'm probably not the audience for Infinity.
  • Options
    Ebay auction spoils arrived today with the following (in F+ to VF+ condition):

Marvel Two-In-One: 34, 35, 40, 58, 59, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66, 69, 74, 77, annual 4 & 5
  • Options
    This month's DCBS box just arrived and within I found the following fun stuff:

Mercenary Sea tpb

Bliss On Tap
    Future Proof #1

12 Gauge
    Sherwood, Texas #3

BOOM!
    George Perez's Sirens #1
    Big Trouble In Little China #4

Dynamite
    Alice Cooper #1
    Six Million Dollar Man Season 6 #6
    The Bionic Woman Season 4 #1

Valiant
    Armor Hunters #1

Marvel
    All New Ghost Rider #7
    Amazing Spider-Man #5
    Death of Wolverine #1
    Hawkeye #20
    Inhuman #5 & #6
    Iron Fist Living Weapon #6
    Legendary Star Lord #3
    Rocket Raccoon #3
    She-Hulk #8
    Spider-Man 2099 #3
    Superior Spider-Man #33
    Thor God of Thunder #25
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Magazine (Free Edition)

Previews catalog & Marvel Previews
  • Options
    My DCBS shipment came today and I also hit the shop. I'll start with the comics I bought from the shop. I picked up Thunderbolts #27, 28 and 31 to get caught up. Really enjoying that title. Really enjoying the $2.99 cover price more.

Now, on to the wonderful folks at DCBS.

Archie:
    Sonic The Hedgehog #264

DC:
    Batman '66 Meets The Green Hornet #4

Marvel:
    All-New X-Factor #13 & 14
    Cyclops #5
    Deadpool Bi-Annual #1
    Inhuman #5 & 6
    Original Sin #8
    Uncanny X-Men #25

Finally, as a fairly new customer of DCBS, I'd just like to mention I thought it was really nifty that they sent a free Marvel 75th Anniversary magazine and a Valiant preview of a new book called Eternal Warrior: Days Of Steel. It really made it feel like I just came home from the shop when I opened up my box.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited September 2014
    Opened my DCBS box today.

The New Teen Titans TPB 1
    The Woods TPB 1
    Iron Fist The Living Weapon #6
    She Hulk #8
    Original Sin #8
    Hawkeye #20