Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

"Marvel's Agent Carter" TV Show (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

I just rewatched the first season, or rather finished watching the first season. I have to say, I enjoyed it much more this time around. There were still elements that didn't quite work for me, but overall I think it was much better than I originally gave it credit for. Though I think I may wait until this new season is over before watching it, as binging it seemed to work better for me.

Did you like the inclusion to the precursor (or make the infancy stage) of the Black Widow program?

M
    Well, I liked Dottie. And the episode in Russia. But the Black Widow program isn't inherently interesting to me. Like, if they never revisited it, I wouldn't care.

As for this season, I ended up watching the 2-episode premiere, and liked it. I agree it was much better paced than the start of last season. But Hydra? I'm so tired of Hydra. Why couldn't they have explored Leviathan more deeply (since it seems that they, or at least Dottie, are working against them). It just feels like Hydra is a train wreck because of why they have turned into on AoS. I get that we have to see how they infiltrated Shield, but they have become played out for me.
    I enjoyed seeing the program, it shows, to some extent, the Russians have been making their own type of supersoldiers since before the Cold War.

I believe Kurtwood Smith's character is a Hydra agent, but I'm hoping they focus more on the Secret Empire. Hopefully they don some type of hooded masks before the season's end.

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited January 2016
    Matt said:

Matt said:

I just rewatched the first season, or rather finished watching the first season. I have to say, I enjoyed it much more this time around. There were still elements that didn't quite work for me, but overall I think it was much better than I originally gave it credit for. Though I think I may wait until this new season is over before watching it, as binging it seemed to work better for me.

Did you like the inclusion to the precursor (or make the infancy stage) of the Black Widow program?

M
    Well, I liked Dottie. And the episode in Russia. But the Black Widow program isn't inherently interesting to me. Like, if they never revisited it, I wouldn't care.

As for this season, I ended up watching the 2-episode premiere, and liked it. I agree it was much better paced than the start of last season. But Hydra? I'm so tired of Hydra. Why couldn't they have explored Leviathan more deeply (since it seems that they, or at least Dottie, are working against them). It just feels like Hydra is a train wreck because of why they have turned into on AoS. I get that we have to see how they infiltrated Shield, but they have become played out for me.
    I enjoyed seeing the program, it shows, to some extent, the Russians have been making their own type of supersoldiers since before the Cold War.

I believe Kurtwood Smith's character is a Hydra agent, but I'm hoping they focus more on the Secret Empire. Hopefully they don some type of hooded masks before the season's end.

M
    I see you haven't been watching Agents of Shield (I don't blame you) but I wouldn't get your hopes up for seeing the Secret Empire. But then you don't care about spoilers right?

I don't know how to post spoiler tags :(
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    I see you haven't been watching Agents of Shield (I don't blame you) but I wouldn't get your hopes up for seeing the Secret Empire. But then you don't care about spoilers right?

I don't know how to post spoiler tags :(
    Correct, aside from Boston sports, Agent Carter is the only thing on TV I'm watching right now.

I'm under the impression it's the Secret Empire because one of the show runners tweeted it during that scene.

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited January 2016
    Matt said:

I'm under the impression it's the Secret Empire because one of the show runners tweeted it during that scene.
    M

Looks like The Secret Empire as this season's antagonist is a good bet. According to Marvel's database, there are a couple of Secret Empire upper echelon members that have the last name "Chadwick".

Love it.
  • Options
    Hmmm, well if that's the case they are being conflated or infiltrated or unknowingly controlled by HYDRA. But I guess that has a basis in the comics too, so that's ok.
  • Options

Hmmm, well if that's the case they are being conflated or infiltrated or unknowingly controlled by HYDRA. But I guess that has a basis in the comics too, so that's ok.

I can tell you, Agent Carter is the only MCU show that the creative crew of the Cap movies consult. Civil War would be a great movie to reveal the Secret Empire. Maybe rather then getting killed, like its speculated, Rogers quits.

M
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Matt said:

I can tell you, Agent Carter is the only MCU show that the creative crew of the Cap movies consult. Civil War would be a great movie to reveal the Secret Empire. Maybe rather then getting killed, like its speculated, Rogers quits.

M
    Only if he wears that god-awful Nomad costume for at least one scene.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Off to a decent enough start. Im enjoying Jarvis wife and their interactions / relationship. the love interest for Peggy is likable, if a bit forced and not totally believable.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited January 2016
    Week One: 0.9 rating. Around 3.18 million viewers. Placed last among the big 4 networks for the 9 and 10 o'clock hours.

"we want diversity/more opportunities unless we have to actually support it or if it is going up against NCIS random city." - outraged person when the show gets cancelled after this year.
  • Options
    I was thinking that the "dark matter" was the same stuff from Agents of Shield that transported Gemma to that other planet?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

I was thinking that the "dark matter" was the same stuff from Agents of Shield that transported Gemma to that other planet?

I guess it could similar stuff; I had the same thought. However i now have my doubts.
    we know how Carter's darkmatter was created. We also know Gemma's darkmatter was the obilesk, which has been used by "hydra" to transport people to the alien Planet since the 1700s (maybe longer).
    I'm assuming Carter's darkmatter has to be different.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

I guess it could similar stuff; I had the same thought. However i now have my doubts.
    we know how Carter's darkmatter was created. We also know Gemma's darkmatter was the obilesk, which has been used by "hydra" to transport people to the alien Planet since the 1700s (maybe longer).
    Pretty sure the "zero" matter or "dark" matter is going to somehow tie back into the dropped subplot from Agents of Shield's third episode from season 1. Dr. Franklin Hall (AKA Graviton) discovered Gravitonium which appears to have very similar properties to the substance on Agent Carter. Although Dr. Hall was trapped in the Gravitonium blob at the end of the episode, Agents of Shield never really revisited that plot line. Maybe we'll get some sort of resolution (or set-up?) on Agent Carter.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Hex said:

mwhitt80 said:

Pretty sure the "zero" matter or "dark" matter is going to somehow tie back into the dropped subplot from Agents of Shield's third episode from season 1. Dr. Franklin Hall (AKA Graviton) discovered Gravitonium which appears to have very similar properties to the substance on Agent Carter. Although Dr. Hall was trapped in the Gravitonium blob at the end of the episode, Agents of Shield never really revisited that plot line. Maybe we'll get some sort of resolution (or set-up?) on Agent Carter.
    I forgot all about that, good remembering. I like that theory.
  • Options
    Anyone else catch the Raiders of the Lost Ark nod in tonight's episode?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M

Last night's episode was full of "easter eggs". Loved the marquee sign promoting Whitney Frost in "Tales of Suspense!". Speaking of Whitney... looks like they are setting her up to be more of a Darkstar character, rather than Madam Masque.

I absolutely dig that the writers pulled elements from an obscure one-off Tales of Suspense storyline from 1962 for Professor Wilkes.

+ Kid Colt! A movie about a "historical figure". Ha Ha.

...and Jarvis' line about being a disembodied voice.

I am so loving this show.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Matt said:

M

Last night's episode was full of "easter eggs". Loved the marquee sign promoting Whitney Frost in "Tales of Suspense!". Speaking of Whitney... looks like they are setting her up to be more of a Darkstar character, rather than Madam Masque.

I absolutely dig that the writers pulled elements from an obscure one-off Tales of Suspense storyline from 1962 for Professor Wilkes.

+ Kid Colt! A movie about a "historical figure". Ha Ha.

...and Jarvis' line about being a disembodied voice.

I am so loving this show.
    Howard's line "can I fondue with that cheese?" & Jarvis' "you can't do anything" were apparently ad libbed.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Howard's line "can I fondue with that cheese?" & Jarvis' "you can't do anything" were apparently ad libbed.

M

Ha! I got a kick out of that one. Velveeta is always a good joke in our house (even though it was my favourite "cheese" as a kid).
  • Options
    I'm kind of torn on the Carter and Frost flashbacks. I like how they paralleled the "current day" story," but they also slowed the story down, and I don't think they were really necessary.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I'm kind of torn on the Carter and Frost flashbacks. I like how they paralleled the "current day" story," but they also slowed the story down, and I don't think they were really necessary.

Agreed... This fourth episode had its moments, but not nearly as good as the others up to this point.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Hex said:

mwhitt80 said:

I believe the "dark" matter is related to the darkforce.

In fact:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agent-carter-season-2-to-include-tie-in-to-doctor-strange-universe
  • Options
    When Peggy fell and got speared by rebar, I knew she would be ok because Cordelia Chase survived a similiar injury.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

When Peggy fell and got speared by rebar, I knew she would be ok because Cordelia Chase survived a similiar injury.

I was disappointed they skipped over how Sousa got Peggy out of that pickle during the commercial break! And weren't Jarvis, Rose and Dr. Samberly supposed to split if Peggy and Sousa weren't "out of there in 10 minutes"? Also, why couldn't Peggy go to the Hospital?

Aside from that quibble, I was happy to see this episode back to the glory of past weeks' quality (except for the over-the-top crazy of gangster Manfredi).
    I am loving this show!
  • Options
    I love the show but things look bleak. The show is third in its time slot for overall viewers and 4th in the 18-49 demo. With the low ratings and Haley possibly getting a part in a different series (assuming the show gets picked up), I cannot see why ABC would bother with a third season.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I love the show but things look bleak. The show is third in its time slot for overall viewers and 4th in the 18-49 demo. With the low ratings and Haley possibly getting a part in a different series (assuming the show gets picked up), I cannot see why ABC would bother with a third season.

Especially since I think ABC has re-greenlit the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff.