Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

"Marvel's Agent Carter" TV Show (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    bamfbamf said:

WHAT A GREAT EPISODE!!!

too bad we can't get her to play Captain Marvel

Is the big reveal for this show.... THE INHUMANS as well?

i feel like everything Marvel is headed towards the inhumans

Were you talkng about Agent Carter or AOS, @bamfbamf ?
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Let me stress how much I enjoy this show. I'm hoping for some more cameos, but really like the foundation of the MCU being explored.

M
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I enjoyed this a lot too. Loved the inclusion of the Howling Commandos and having the lead agent from the SSR seeing Peggy in action and how useful she can be just in time for the other agent with the brace to begin to have his doubts. Looking forward to the next episode.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    only 3 more episodes!!!!

r there plans to bring it back??

• Options
    Looking forward to Dottie vs Peggy throw down! Which doesn't sound at first like it could be a bad ass fight like The Iceman vs Rampage but I think it will.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Great episode. I hope it comes back. There is so much story telling potiential with this show.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited February 2015
    Matt said:

Let me stress how much I enjoy this show. I'm hoping for some more cameos, but really like the foundation of the MCU being explored.

M

I'm pretty sure Peggy is supposed to cameo in at least one of this year's films.

(Intentionally-vague spoiler semi-avoidance mode engaged)
  • Options
    I have seen her name on the IMDB page of at least one upcoming movie that has been announced. Maybe more.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

I'm pretty sure Peggy is supposed to cameo in at least one of this year's films.

(Intentionally-vague spoiler semi-avoidance mode engaged)
    Yup, I've seen those/that too. I'm hoping she gets another mini-series like this one. Peggy could essentially fill a role in the MCU past that Fury did leading up to Avengers.

M
  • Options
    Update: Still loving this show!

Carry on.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Any clues as to who "Nicola" & "Dr. Ivchenko" are supposed to represent? I'm thinking that Dr. Ivchenko could be a cinema universe version of the original Crimson Dynamo?
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

only 3 more episodes!!!!

Ratings for it haven't been that strong, so most of the prediction sites say that it'll be six episodes and out.

• Options

bamfbamf said:

only 3 more episodes!!!!

Ratings for it haven't been that strong, so most of the prediction sites say that it'll be six episodes and out.

I saw somewhere the DVR records were strong (not sure how they track that) for the show.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited February 2015
    Any ideas why Marvel still hasn't released her complete one-shot online? Seems like a no brainer. I'm betting all those Iron Man 3 blu-ray owners would be fine with Marvel finally releasing the Peggy Carter One-Shot in full online via their YouTube channel. I'm betting the IM3 blu-ray sales have plateaued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Gydv3aYbg
  • Options
    "Stop wahooing and help!"
  • Options
    I loved how cool she was under fire. This was just an amazing episode. I was curious as to why all of those girls were watching Snow White. I got that there were subliminal messages in the movies they were watching but why did the girls as a group have to recite each line of the movie as a group? I didn't quite get that. Other than that, I thought it was an interesting training montage. I'm guessing that's what Natasha went through?
  • Options
    The Snow White watching was accent training.
  • Options
    Oh. Okay. That makes a lot of sense.
  • Options
    I really liked that Peggy's picture was of scrawny pre-Cap Steve Rogers.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I'm enjoying the show so far - and love the Black Widow program tie in.

So I forget...have we had any indication of a Sharon Carter in the MCU yet? Will she turn out to be Peggy's daughter, as opposed to niece? And will Jarvis be Sharon's Dad?? lol

e
    L nny
  • Options
    ctowner1 said:

So I forget...have we had any indication of a Sharon Carter in the MCU yet? Will she turn out to be Peggy's daughter, as opposed to niece? And will Jarvis be Sharon's Dad?? lol

e
    L nny

Sharon Carter was Cap's next door neighbor in Winter Soldier.

• Options
    ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

If I recall correctly, Sharon talked about her 'grandmother' in Winter Soldier. I always took that as Peggy.

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

I really liked that Peggy's picture was of scrawny pre-Cap Steve Rogers.

Thought that was a nice touch as well.
  • Options
    Surprisingly, I enjoyed this episode. At least more than I have been. Maybe it was seeing Peggy act like part of a team, or the Howling Commandos, or more interesting shadings in her colleagues.

Maybe it was the near complete absence of Jarvis and everything to do with the Howard Stark storyline, because let's face it, even though it was superfically related, it was a pretty standard prisoner extraction plot that added almost nothing to the season arc. So maybe its just the story they are telling that I don't like. I know that I need the recap every week because I never remember what's happened.

In a total reversal of AoS, I sincerely wish this show was less serialized, more mission of the week. Early Cold War MCU Mission Impossible.

Or, completely in line with the season 1 AoS, I'm bored with amorphous villians with shadowy goals and generic names, like the Clairvoyant and Leviathan. It's a tired spy fiction cliche.
  • Options

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this episode. At least more than I have been. Maybe it was seeing Peggy act like part of a team, or the Howling Commandos, or more interesting shadings in her colleagues.

Maybe it was the near complete absence of Jarvis and everything to do with the Howard Stark storyline, because let's face it, even though it was superfically related, it was a pretty standard prisoner extraction plot that added almost nothing to the season arc. So maybe its just the story they are telling that I don't like. I know that I need the recap every week because I never remember what's happened.

In a total reversal of AoS, I sincerely wish this show was less serialized, more mission of the week. Early Cold War MCU Mission Impossible.

Or, completely in line with the season 1 AoS, I'm bored with amorphous villians with shadowy goals and generic names, like the Clairvoyant and Leviathan. It's a tired spy fiction cliche.

What this episode added to the story is that now the SSR is open to the idea that Stark may actually be innocent. I would say that's a fairly big turning point for the storyline.

But, yes, it was nice to get a bit more depth to the other SSR agents. And if the show was going to run more than eight weeks, I think we'd get more mission-of-the-week stories, which would be okay by me.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited February 2015

What this episode added to the story is that now the SSR is open to the idea that Stark may actually be innocent. I would say that's a fairly big turning point for the storyline.

But, yes, it was nice to get a bit more depth to the other SSR agents. And if the show was going to run more than eight weeks, I think we'd get more mission-of-the-week stories, which would be okay by me.
    I'd argue that this is actually pretty incremental story progression since it's something both the audience and the hero already know. I'd say Souza's developing suspicions about Peggy were a bigger plot point.

My point is that this minor plot point could have been reached a million different ways and they chose to tack it on to a classic spy fi trope episode, and the things that were fun and good about it were pretty irrelevant to the actual ongoing plot.
  • Options

I'd argue that this is actually pretty incremental story progression since it's something both the audience and the hero already know. I'd say Souza's developing suspicions about Peggy were a bigger plot point.

My point is that this minor plot point could have been reached a million different ways and they chose to tack it on to a classic spy fi trope episode, and the things that were fun and good about it were pretty irrelevant to the actual ongoing plot.
    Fair point that there were many ways they could have gone to get the SSR to change tack. But they had to go ahead and get that out of the way before Peggy is outed and goes on the run. And they had to do it in a way so that the other agents saw Peggy's capabilities and that she's respected by people they admire and respect.

Well, I guess they didn't have to. But it will make for a more interesting hunt, I think, if they aren't underestimating her, and also aren't sure if she's a traitor or not.
  • Options

Maybe it's my nature, but I like those cliches; well not the generic names. I enjoy the mystery of the villain's endgame. Especially when there's a big reveal. It's like finding a corner piece in a large puzzle.

I'd say it's not just cliched to spy fiction. I recall watching Buffy:TVS & you'd get snippets throughout the season of what the Big Bad had in planned.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Maybe it's my nature, but I like those cliches; well not the generic names. I enjoy the mystery of the villain's endgame. Especially when there's a big reveal. It's like finding a corner piece in a large puzzle.

I'd say it's not just cliched to spy fiction. I recall watching Buffy:TVS & you'd get snippets throughout the season of what the Big Bad had in planned.

M
    Hmm...maybe that's why I lost interest in Buffy somewhere during season 4.

But my problem isn't that the villian's endgame is a mystery. It's that the villian and the endgame are both mysteries. we don't know who, we don't know why so why should I care? Revealing Dr. Doom's endgame is always awesome. The reveal of Ozymandias pulling the strings and manipulating the events is incredible, because we at least think we know what the stakes are.

Here we have a situation where somebody stole a dangerous weapon and framed someone else for it. That was the situation before episode 1 started and it's still the situation in episode 5, with no information at all to their motives, just cryptic nonsense like "Leviathan is coming". They haven't really even done anything with the technology they stole. The plant explosion was unintentional, and unrelated to their goals.

It's not a real mystery, it's a Scooby Doo mystery. The "clues" are circumstantial, the stakes are ill defined and reveals don't matter because they could be almost anything and still have the same outcome.