Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

i would rather watch Mortal Kombat: Annihilation than this poppy pop pop culture lameness.

You may be doing it wrong.
    I feel like I'm doing something right, like I have a mind of my own.

Is really being a contrarian having a mind of your own?

"Hey, I know. I'll be the black sheep of the group. I won't like anything that seems to be popular! That'll show I'm a rebel!"

Yeah...you showed us. You showed us you care about what the trendy, popular stuff is so you know what to dislike. Same shit, different stall.

M
    What does it matter to you?

Who IS allowed to "be the black sheep" in your mind?

You're not making any sense.

I'm not trying to be liked by YOU by the way.

I guess you won't be surprised when I say that you rub me the wrong way.

You're quite the Fascist D-bag and you're part of the problem.

Look at what you just posted to me.

It matters to me because you feel the need to imply those of us who like the same things that just so happen to be like by other people are mindless drones, whereas you are a free thinker. Mind you, you don't actually state why you don't like the stuff, just that you stand out because you don't like them.

Why does anyone have to be a black sheep? You make yourself out to be...but just show you're a sheep in a different herd.

You seem to be the only one who doesn't realize what I am saying.

Never said you needed me to like you. Just realize most people here are actually adults, not children looking for a popular click. When the bulk of the people here state they like something it has nothing to do with "peer pressure" or wanting to be liked by the masses. Save your broad brush implications for those that still need clicks to feel valued.

First, I'm not a douchebag, I'm a dick. Secondly, I really don't care if you like any of the things I do. It's your right, just as it is everyone else's. I DO call bullshit when you try to elevate yourself about others who do like the stuff you don't.

Those of us here who do like Star Wars are lemmings. You not liking Star Wars doesn't make you "have a mind of your own" like you believe.

If we got off on the wrong foot it's only because you came to the wrong party to imply we're just lemmings because we like stuff you don't. And judging by some of the other posts, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

i would rather watch Mortal Kombat: Annihilation than this poppy pop pop culture lameness.

"Hey, I know. I'll be the black sheep of the group. I won't like anything that seems to be popular! That'll show I'm a rebel!"

Yeah...you showed us. You showed us you care about what the trendy, popular stuff is so you know what to dislike. Same shit, different stall.

M

It matters to me because you feel the need to imply those of us who like the same things that just so happen to be like by other people are mindless drones, whereas you are a free thinker. Mind you, you don't actually state why you don't like the stuff, just that you stand out because you don't like them.

Why does anyone have to be a black sheep? You make yourself out to be...but just show you're a sheep in a different herd.

Never said you needed me to like you. Just realize most people here are actually adults, not children looking for a popular click. When the bulk of the people here state they like something it has nothing to do with "peer pressure" or wanting to be liked by the masses. Save your broad brush implications for those that still need clicks to feel valued.

First, I'm not a douchebag, I'm a dick. Secondly, I really don't care if you like any of the things I do. It's your right, just as it is everyone else's. I DO call bullshit when you try to elevate yourself about others who do like the stuff you don't.

Those of us here who do like Star Wars are lemmings. You not liking Star Wars doesn't make you "have a mind of your own" like you believe.

If we got off on the wrong foot it's only because you came to the wrong party to imply we're just lemmings because we like stuff you don't. And judging by some of the other posts, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

M
    I think what I say matters to you because you're used to being the only opinionated person here.

You want to be a rebel yourself.

I thought what I said about Star Wars was pretty funny.

My observations are my observations. If they so accurate that it seems like I'm "elevating" myself, so be it.

• Options
    Opinion is different than observation. i agree with @Matt. He can be a dick. Seems to delight in it most times. I agree with probably 30% of his opinions. But he doesn't claim speak for anyone else. And there is never an insinuation that the community here is just a bunch of populists who only like whatever consensus says is good. (Quite the opposite really).

I have to admit, you've found a decent trolling angle.

Also, to whoever has clicked "insightful" on 90% of @TheHotWindBlowing 's posts, please share your thoughts with us, you're leaving this guy out in the cold as the lone voice of reason in a world of brainwashed lemmings. Or you're just a second (and possibly third) account created by @TheHotWindBlowing soley to make his trolling look legitimate.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    “Hot Wind Blowing” is a song in Metal Gear Rising, part of a very popular video game series. But it's not as popular as Grand Theft Auto, so it's all good.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

“Hot Wind Blowing” is a song in Metal Gear Rising, part of a very popular video game series. But it's not as popular as Grand Theft Auto, so it's all good.

I see a whole new game of insightful stalking in your future!
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Also, it may be a song in Metal Gear, but is was the college house's terms for the after effects of a trip to Taco Hell years before the first Metal Gear came out.
  • Options

wow, thanks.

someone got that

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited April 2015

to whoever has clicked "insightful" on 90% of @TheHotWindBlowing 's posts, please share your thoughts with us, you're leaving this guy out in the cold as the lone voice of reason in a world of brainwashed lemmings. Or you're just a second (and possibly third) account created by @TheHotWindBlowing soley to make his trolling look legitimate.

I confess that after seeing the first one, I was a bit bewildered, but tried it and found that it amused me to sarcastically click "Insightful"

It's probably just as bad as feeding the trolls, but I actually LOL'd when I did it the first time. It's my substitute DisLike :)

No sign of diminishing results so far.
  • Options

wow, thanks.

someone got that

Google is a wonderful tool. I'm not a big video game player these days, mostly I just play with my kids these days. But I rocked the Atari 2600 back in the day.

I've never played Metal Gear in any of its iterations, but I figured the name had to mean something. I'm curious like that.
  • Options

to whoever has clicked "insightful" on 90% of @TheHotWindBlowing 's posts, please share your thoughts with us, you're leaving this guy out in the cold as the lone voice of reason in a world of brainwashed lemmings. Or you're just a second (and possibly third) account created by @TheHotWindBlowing soley to make his trolling look legitimate.

I confess that after seeing the first one, I was a bit bewildered, but tried it and found that it amused me to sarcastically click "Insightful"

It's probably just as bad as feeding the trolls, but I actually LOL'd when I did it the first time. It's my substitute DisLike :)

This afternoon I told Stewart that I thought it might be Matt doing it. Then this evening happened. Should have known it was you.
  • Options
    I'm getting hate mail now.
  • Options

Just now?
  • Options
    Banned? Oh, @TheHotWindBlowing, we hardly knew ye.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I'd ask that we keep the eulogies brief, and get back to whatever the hell this thread was supposed to be about. Star Wars? Star Wars.
  • Options

Just now?
    I can't really classify the other ones as "hate mail" - more like disagreeable mail. I even get some encouraging notes now and again.

But, I think I'm going to keep up this Insightful, Agree, Awesome, LOL clicking for everyone. Spread some love. It really is fun.

G'nite fellas.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2015
    I felt a great disturbance on the forum, as if a voice suddenly cried out in terror, and was suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
  • Options

Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    I think what I say matters to you because you're used to being the only opinionated person here.

You want to be a rebel yourself.

I thought what I said about Star Wars was pretty funny.

My observations are my observations. If they so accurate that it seems like I'm "elevating" myself, so be it.
    For your first two comments, I'll quote Batman from Batman Returns:

"Wrong on both counts."

I'm not the only person here with an opinion. In fact, I'd be more surprised if the members here didn't have opinions. If you have evidence that supports differently, please present it.

I'm not a rebel either. I'm sure I share the same number of opinions with people here as I don't share.

For me to poo-poo your opinion for not liking something is foolish on my part. For someone to imply the fanbase of something he/she doesn't like are lemmings is foolish on that person's part.

I guess if you found your comment funny, you've got that for you.

That's just my observation, though.

Regardless, I'm ludicrous speeding my ass out of this black hole. It's sucked the life out of the forum for too long.

M
  • Options

This afternoon I told Stewart that I thought it might be Matt doing it. Then this evening happened. Should have known it was you.
    Haha, no. I wouldn't have encouraged him.

Banned? Oh, @TheHotWindBlowing, we hardly knew ye.

Already? I disagreed more with his approach to disliking stuff then not liking the stuff I did. It did seem to escalate quickly.

Hopefully the chap reassesses his approach & rejoins the forum. He might've had some interesting opinions to add.

M
  • Options
    David_D said:

I'd ask that we keep the eulogies brief, and get back to whatever the hell this thread was supposed to be about. Star Wars? Star Wars.

Eulogy over, moving forward.

I'm not certain why, but I haven't gotten as jazzed for these movies yet. I recall getting jazzed for the prequel trilogy & came out greatly underwhelmed. Granted, Lucas isn't really a part of these movies, but I'm not completely sold on the idea that's a good thing either.

This could all be a part of my recent sequel funk. As jazzed as I was for LOTR & MoS, I wasn't as jazzed for the Hobbit movies, nor BvS.

M
  • Options
    I'm jazzed. I got a Star Wars Topps trading card app on my phone. I want BB-8's card so bad.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Jeez.

Who isn't opinionated here?

*crickets*
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited April 2015
    When a thread gets derailed like this, I always think how many more posts can it go until @David_D has to swoop in like Batman and fix things.

I am not a big Star Wars fan but the recent trailer has me excited for the movie. Seeing Harrison Ford as Han again was like being transported back to being a kid again seeing the original movies
  • Options
    I want to see this movie NOW..

Patience is not my strong suit.

I also get the feeling the Force powees/abilities will evolve .. Calling it...
  • Options
    glandgland Posts: 17
    I can't wait. I'm not even a big Star Wars guy, and I can't wait. The weight and reverence for the old stuff is even effective on ME, and I'm excited by the aspect of the legacy characters.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    Well, I guess I'll be picking up that issue of Vanity Fair tomorrow, or as soon as that's available.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    May The 4th Be With You!
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927

Well, I guess I'll be picking up that issue of Vanity Fair tomorrow, or as soon as that's available.

This is the June issue, and will be available as a digital edition on Thursday, May 7, and on newsstands nationwide on Tuesday, May 12.