Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe/ Marvel NOW 2.0 (Might contain some spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    This may have been mentioned already, but I think the biggest clue to Hulk being Cho is not just the hair, but also the fact that Greg Pak is writing this new Hulk title. Not only did Pak co-create Cho, but he has used him across multiple titles.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Trying to find a post - I think it was on Bleeding Cool - where they matched an outfit Cho wore in the past to the color scheme of Hulk's new pants. It all seems to point to Cho for sure.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm gonna add another little pointer to a possible Clint Barton Hawkeye Hulk...

This is the sub title Marvel put out...

Greg Pak makes his triumphant return to the Gamma Goliath alongside artist Frank Cho!

I'm pretty sure I'm reading too much into this, but it would be totally awesome.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2015
    "BC" has listed "60 Confirmed, Expected, Rumoured And Assumed Marvel Titles" ...it'll be interesting to see which ones turn out to be true:

All New All Different Avengers
    Gamora
    Doctor Strange
    Extraordinary X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    All-New X-Men
    Defenders
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Scarlet Witch
    Howling Commandos
    Silk
    (All New) Captain America
    Ms America
    Amazing Spider-Man
    A-Force
    Ant Man
    Ms Marvel
    Weirdworld
    Spider-Gwen
    Another Spider-Gwen
    Black Panther
    Drax
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Thor
    Citzen V/Thunderbolts related book
    Squirrel Girl
    Black Widow
    Howard The Duck
    Hawkeye
    She-Hulk
    Totally Awesome Hulk
    Rocket Racoon
    Deadpool
    Star Lord
    Angela
    Iron Man
    Squadron Supreme
    1872/Red Wolf related book
    Daredevil
    Spider-Man
    SHIELD
    Wolverine
    Magneto-related
    Captain Marvel
    Punisher
    Nova
    Groot
    Old Man Logan
    Werewolf By Night
    Secret Warriors
    Northstar
    Kingpin
    Silver Surfer
    New Avengers
    Omega The Unknown
    Illuminati
    Jessica Jones
    Spider-Woman
    Winter Soldier
    Captain Britain-related

Kingpin? Northstar?? Omega The Unknown???
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Interesting....

Somehow I don't see a Drax, Scarlett Witch, Red Wolf, Northstar, Angela, Captain Britain, Omega the Unknown, or Kingpin book lasting very long.

Of course, I really don't see a She-Hulk book lasting very long either, but I remain ever-hopeful that it will :)
  • Options
    Nova, Drax, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Lord, Groot, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel...

I remember U-Decide when Marvel's one cosmic book was fighting for its life.
  • Options
    It is certainly an embarrassment of riches in the Marvel Cosmic realm.
  • Options
    Some of those seem likely. Some seem educated. Others... not so much. I mean, Kingpin? Really? Omega the Unknown, of all things?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So the announcements are dropping fast..Tom King writing a Vision book..there will be a Contest of Champions book(based on the video game)..Web Warriors..Charles Soule on Daredevil..Warren Ellis writing Karnak(!)..Venom: Space Knight(I wonder if that's a promotion from Lethal Protector?)..Lemier and Bunn each get an X-book..lots more
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Basically http://www.bleedingcool.com/tag/marveloctober/ is a good URL to follow right now.

And I was right about Lemire but wrong about the name of the book, but I was 100% right about Charles Soule! Called it!
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Mr_Cosmic said:

So the announcements are dropping fast..Tom King writing a Vision book..there will be a Contest of Champions book(based on the video game)..Web Warriors..Charles Soule on Daredevil..Warren Ellis writing Karnak(!)..Venom: Space Knight(I wonder if that's a promotion from Lethal Protector?)..Lemier and Bunn each get an X-book..lots more

Given how Marvel's TV and Cinematic outings are moving towards all things Inhuman, I wonder if Ellis on Karnak will be like his Moon Knight, i.e. 6 issues of a great comic book that also handily doubles as a perfect style bible for any future TV series.
  • Options
    From BC concerning The Ultimates:
    It’s a rule. The Ultimates series has to be written by a Brit to be successful.

And now it will again, with Al Ewing writing and Kenneth Rocafort snatched from DC Comics to draw the book.

But don’t be looking for Ultimate Universe characters… we have Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Ms America Chavez and Galactus.
    Wait, what? Galactus???
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Mr_Cosmic said:

From BC concerning The Ultimates:

It’s a rule. The Ultimates series has to be written by a Brit to be successful.

And now it will again, with Al Ewing writing and Kenneth Rocafort snatched from DC Comics to draw the book.

But don’t be looking for Ultimate Universe characters… we have Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Ms America Chavez and Galactus.
    Wait, what? Galactus???

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!

This is going to be EENTERESTING.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Lots of movie and TV related titles and shuffling around of creative teams. Haven't seen anything of true originality just yet. I think I'm most looking forward to Dr Strange only because we haven't had that title in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing what else is in the lineup.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    RepoMan said:

Lots of movie and TV related titles and shuffling around of creative teams. Haven't seen anything of true originality just yet. I think I'm most looking forward to Dr Strange only because we haven't had that title in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing what else is in the lineup.

Sure. Although when it comes to the Big 2, I think the originality is going to be found in the execution, rather than in just a title name and creative team, you know what I mean? I feel like it has been years since Marvel or DC announced a title and, on name alone, I would wonder, "That sounds new. What is that going to be?" But then there have been a number of titles the last few years with names I knew, but execution that, in the reading, felt fresh and original.

Like, if a list of titles a few years ago just included a few details like, "there will be a Hawkeye by Fraction and Aja; there will be a Ms. Marvel by Willow and Alphona, or there will be a Wonder Woman by Azzarello and Chang" those would not sound fresh or original. But the execution of those books were.

So, we'll see.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    I like the sound of New Avengers from Ewing & Sandoval. Sunspot's buyout of AIM and his leading of his own Avengers team was one the best ideas in the latter half of Hickman's Avengers, so I'm glad to see it being explored some more post-Secret Wars.

And Songbird finally joins the Avengers, closing that circle from Avengers Forever.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    all the covers for the new #1 issues are coming out tomorrow

here are some cool ones I see online

alex ross!

what connects gambit with daredevil? seems kind of random...

always liked spider-man 2099's suit

pregnant spider-woman?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/29/a-very-pregnant-spider-woman-by-dennis-hopeless-and-javier-rodriguez-marveloctober/
  • Options
    a female starlord? and is that the thing or the female thing?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Some of those seem likely. Some seem educated. Others... not so much. I mean, Kingpin? Really? Omega the Unknown, of all things?

Not a whole lot on that list that looks out of the ordinary, but I would read the hell out of an "Omega the Unknown" book.
  • Options
    Could be an expensive month!!

I like the look of...

All New, All Different Avengers
    Dr Strange
    The Almighty Thor
    The Howling Commandos of Shield

Good link for more books here...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/massive-marvel-preview-leaks-all-new-all-different-lineup
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

a female starlord? and is that the thing or the female thing?

That art puts me off straight away.
  • Options
    yeah art looks subpar
  • Options
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/30/retailer-posts-every-page-from-marvel-preview-book-out-tomorrow-marveloctober/

Still not seeing something along the lines of an Avengers Arena or Superior Spider-Man. Or even FF. A concept title that could grab right away. Maybe the Illuminati book. How did that retailer get away with releasing all of that info? I can't imagine Marvel is all that happy. Haha.
  • Options
    RepoMan said:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/30/retailer-posts-every-page-from-marvel-preview-book-out-tomorrow-marveloctober/

Still not seeing something along the lines of an Avengers Arena or Superior Spider-Man. Or even FF. A concept title that could grab right away. Maybe the Illuminati book. How did that retailer get away with releasing all of that info? I can't imagine Marvel is all that happy. Haha.

It's ironic, too, as the idea of the the giveaway book in shops tomorrow was to support/reward those that go to their local shop. A retailor leaking the book is a form of undermining that. A bummer.
  • Options
    spider-man is iron man now???

http://www.newsarama.com/24993-peter-parker-stepped-up-as-high-tech-tycoon-in-amazing-spider-man.html

http://www.mtv.com/news/2199978/amazing-spider-man-marvel-dan-slott/

“He’s operating with Parker industries in not just New York, but also Shanghai and San Francisco and London,” Slott said. “He’s going to be a far more global Spider-Man, and with that is going to come all new global threats. Things that will really test Spider-Man like never before.”

“What you’re going to get from Miles is you’re going to get classic Spider-Man,” Slott noted. “A teenager in high school having problems and trying to deal with things.

“And when you’re reading Peter Parker ’Amazing Spider-Man,’ you’re going to get the Spider-Man you’ve been reading about since 1962 going to all new levels. Can he do the street stuff? Sure, but he can do that times ten. It’s everything you know, everything you care about, amped up to a level you’ve never seen before.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Looks like my pull list just got dramatically shorter. I'll pick up some of these as a test, but even then, I'm not going to be getting as much as I was getting before Secret Wars.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Looks like my pull list just got dramatically shorter. I'll pick up some of these as a test, but even then, I'm not going to be getting as much as I was getting before Secret Wars.

I agree. This appears to be an EXCELLENT opportunity to either wait for the trades on any items you skip and hear good things about, or subscribe to Marvel Unlimited or await Comixology's pending subscription program.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    I'll check it out. I'm not crazy about him riding Oc's coat tails for his doctorate and business.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Spiderman Incorporated?