Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    This show makes me want to go back and watch Constantine.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Another good episode from Arrow. I'm liking everyone's arc and always excited for the next episode. It's really quite good.
  • Options
    Part two of the Legends episode was incredible. I see this thing though with Oliver and his son being a big problem with his relationship with Felicity and I don't understand after all this time why the hell Ollie thinks keeping secrets is a good thing.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited December 2015
    jaydee74 said:

Part two of the Legends episode was incredible. I see this thing though with Oliver and his son being a big problem with his relationship with Felicity and I don't understand after all this time why the hell Ollie thinks keeping secrets is a good thing.

Because that's the CW and it wouldn't be the CW if there wasn't relationship drama b.s. It's the same thing with Barry and Patty.

It's so stupid anyways the baby's mom doesn't want anyone else to know that Ollie is the father because of the fame that comes with being a Queen? And if he tells anyone she won't let him be around the son. A incredibly stupid CW series demand

1st off how would she know if Ollie told someone like Felicity like he should. And 2nd if Ollie wanted he could absolutely sue for some kind of custody. I guess they want us to believe that, that doesn't exist in this universe.
  • Options
    Wow, what happened the first time with Savage was powerful, even if it was quickly undone.

It still affected me to see everyone die like that. And that's awesome.
  • Options
    Yeah. The first time they face Savage was really kind of awesome. Even though I knew it was going to be undone, I thought it was very awesome.

I just had a morbid thought though. What if the person's grave that Ollie is visiting is none of the people we think it is. What if it's Ollie's son and the son's mother?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    S3Ep9 - Spoilers

Pretty good episode though they basically did the same storyline 2 weeks in row. They pick a fight with a Villain then throw a party Villain shows up and kicks butt.

At first when Ollie told Felicity someone was coming as Green Arrow my 1st hope was that it was Roy but still cool seeing Malcolm in the suite.

The final fight scene was cool they usually do these giant scale fights pretty good. And I knew the moment Ollie proposed something bad would happen. In the premiere I thought the grave was Felicity's but I don't think she's dying from this it's just a red herring.

And why does something always bad happen to Ollie in a Limo? I mean he was in a Limo when Slade took him Moria and Thea.

And now it will also be nice for both Arrow and Flash that they don't of to build up Legends Of Tomorrow.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mihawk said:

S3Ep9 - Spoilers

The final fight scene was cool they usually do these giant scale fights pretty good. And I knew the moment Ollie proposed something bad would happen. In the premiere I thought the grave was Felicity's but I don't think she's dying from this it's just a red herring.

My money is that the tombstone resolves Ollie's revelation from the crossover.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

S3Ep9 - Spoilers

Okay. That makes sense.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

S3Ep9 - Spoilers

Felicity is the only character I care about or would care if killed off. She's virtually the only reason I continued even watching this show. But I don't believe it's her either. However there are plenty of characters I would potentially stand a cheer upon seeing them die. Felicity's mother above all.
    Last episode was pretty lame imo. More cheese and nonsense then I've seen since the first season.
  • Options
    There are a few people I could see it being. Captan Lance is one. Ollie's kid and the kid's mom another option.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm ready for Lance to go.
  • Options
    Really like the episode. I've been saying all along that Diggle is in that grave after seeing how Felicity reacted I have no doubt it's Diggle. The only other possibility is Lance but I feel like every season the foreshadow he's death and it never happens.
  • Options
    I think the top possibilities of the death could be in no order:

Oliver's kid
    Felicity's mom
    Thea
    Diggle
  • Options
    I'm thinking Oliver's kid mom.
  • Options

I'm thinking Oliver's kid mom.

That could be a very big possibility. Actually, that's moved to the top of my list.
  • Options
    Looks really cool.
  • Options
    I loved seeing Vixen in Arrow. I loved how they translated her abilities on the show. Other than that, this was okay. How about that? Damien Darhk has a vulnerability that is now known. Who would have thunk it? Considering that up until now, Darhk had been kicking Team Arrow's butt all over Star City, they needed this in order for Darhk to eventually be defeated. I'm still trying to think who is going to be the one in the grave eventually. My three choices at this point is Captain Lance, Felicity and Felicity's mom.
  • Options
    From the beginning I was positive it would be Diggle. But after they showed Felicity and her reaction to it for most I think that confirmed for them that it's Diggle?

But for me it made it less likely because her reaction is almost a spoiler but would the writers really make it the obvious?

But after the recent Legends Of Tomorrow "Spoilers" I am now convinced it isn't Diggle. Because that Arrow is supposed to be a future timeline of the one Arrow is in now and John Jr/Conner said "He couldn't save his dad" meaning Diggle isn't in the grave.

I know they could say hey that was just an alternate future but I think it was a clue.

Personally now I've come down to Felicity's mom . I think Barry coming makes it likely it's Felicity's mom because he's going to a friend's mother's funeral and it would also justify Felicity's reaction.
  • Options
    That makes a lot of sense. However, Barry would come to Diggle's funeral too.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I loved seeing Vixen in Arrow. I loved how they translated her abilities on the show. Other than that, this was okay. How about that? Damien Darhk has a vulnerability that is now known. Who would have thunk it? Considering that up until now, Darhk had been kicking Team Arrow's butt all over Star City, they needed this in order for Darhk to eventually be defeated. I'm still trying to think who is going to be the one in the grave eventually. My three choices at this point is Captain Lance, Felicity and Felicity's mom.

It can't be Felicity, as we see her in the limo with Oliver in the flash forward. I believe she said "you have to kill the son of a bitch" or something.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I really hope them showing Felicity in the Limo is like a fake out to make us think she's safe and they end up actually killing her because omg Felicity is the absolute worst.

Seasons 1 and 2 I loved her but Seasons 3 and now 4 have made me hate that character more then any character I can remember hating in my life.

It's like the writers saw Felicity and was like OK she's a loved character but her role isn't really big enough so let's make her more integral and the only possible thing we can think of is forcing a relationship between her and Oliver.

And that's what they did they forced it and it always felt like it. And they took a character who was fun to watch and now when she's on I want to take a baseball bat and smash my tv.
  • Options
    Holy hell the most recent episode with the bees may just might beeee the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

Holy hell the most recent episode with the bees may just might beeee the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

What is the difference between Seasons 1 and 2 when Arrow was great and Seasons 3 and 4 when it's been not good? Olicity. That is literally the only difference. Olicity is killing the series one episode at a time.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    It appears to have completed its own "shark jump."

I think it's a combination of nearly everyone now being trained and putting on costumes and becoming heroes, to the Olicity sexual tension finally being removed.

Same thing happened to Maddie and David on Moonlighting, Sam and Diane on Cheers, Tony and Angela on Who's The Boss, Joel and Maggie on Northern Exposure, Daphne and Niles on Frasier, and several more. All those shows were irreparably changed once the leads became an official couple in typical "jumping the shark" fashion.

Perhaps the break-up will roll it back, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

batlaw said:

What is the difference between Seasons 1 and 2 when Arrow was great and Seasons 3 and 4 when it's been not good? Olicity. That is literally the only difference. Olicity is killing the series one episode at a time.
    Thing is, I've never considered arrow to be great. Or even good. In fact I've quite disliked it from practucally the beginning and essentially hated it from mid season 1 through mid/end season 2. Honestly by season 2 I was watching just to see how much I would dislike it or how bad it was or could be. Like a car wreck I couldn't turn away from. Somewhere around season 3? I just realized and accepted how utterly crazy and ridiculous the show was as a whole and watched from that angle (as well as habit by that point). I forced myself to shrug off the offensive and or ignorant bits and indulged in the story and craziness. I consider the show absurd and silly (and a few other things), but it's rarely been so completely accross the board STUPID as this episode.
  • Options
    Major Big Time Spoilers episode 18

Wow I can't believe they killed Laurel. I really thought for sure after Felicity that Laurel was the safest.

But I guess there going on to do Earth 2 stuff with her character but I still will be a different person. I can understand why they killed her because they cast is getting to big there are to many heroes.

And honestly her character just wasn't going anywhere even though she was the Canary. I kinda feel like bringing Sarah back from the dead really took a lot of her motivation away for even being Canary.

I always thought they miss handled her character. I think they shouldn't have brought her in immediately as character in season 1. Or at the very least she should have already been the Canary by the time Ollie came back.
  • Options
    I'm a little surprised about what happened but I knew it was coming at some point in the episode. It made sense and I think this death will bring the team back together. I have a friend who didn't even care considering all the people they brought back from death. Sarah and Thea for example. So, I guess we'll see. I simply don't see how Team Arrow beats Darhk. He's too powerful and unless they bring in someone of equal power, (perhaps Constantine comes back) I just don't see this team with no powers coming out on top.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    jaydee74 said:

I'm a little surprised about what happened but I knew it was coming at some point in the episode. It made sense and I think this death will bring the team back together. I have a friend who didn't even care considering all the people they brought back from death. Sarah and Thea for example. So, I guess we'll see. I simply don't see how Team Arrow beats Darhk. He's too powerful and unless they bring in someone of equal power, (perhaps Constantine comes back) I just don't see this team with no powers coming out on top.

Well I honestly think if they continue The Laurel character it will be the Earth 2 version.

And I kinda feel like eventually there going to do a "Crisis" like event that merges the Multiverse. And that version of Laurel will just become the normal Laurel.

And they'll be able to do her character the way they would have done it if they knew they would eventually do powers.