Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

I really enjoyed seeing Merlyn effortlessly trounce Laurel with his hands behind his back.

Maybe she will rethink the whole vigilante thing now?
    Nah.

She's gonna get Nyssa to train her.
    That would make sense. They both share a bond. Nyssa would train her to honor Sara and to "protect" her. They were bonding. Glad all those secrets are getting out now. They are moving this show forward the last two weeks.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

I really enjoyed seeing Merlyn effortlessly trounce Laurel with his hands behind his back.

Nah.

That would make sense. They both share a bond. Nyssa would train her to honor Sara and to "protect" her. They were bonding. Glad all those secrets are getting out now. They are moving this show forward the last two weeks.
    I will be astonished if they ever manage to make me care about Laurel.

She is one of the least likable characters I've ever encountered.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Nah.

I will be astonished if they ever manage to make me care about Laurel.

She is one of the least likable characters I've ever encountered.
    I miss Sara. I really, really do.
  • Options

I miss Sara. I really, really do.

Me, too.
  • Options
    As @David_D knows, I'm always hesitant to blame the actor, but in this case, I'm tempted to.

Thea is nearly as annoying a character, but I like her.

But no matter what the writers try to do with Laurel, I just find her bland and unlikable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I wonder if Nyssa might become Lady Shiva.

OK. Let me strike that.

Can we let Nyssa stand in for Lady Shiva, and send Black Canary away?
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    WetRats said:

Mihawk said:

Diggle he's in transition to because he's really becoming the least relevant which is why I do hope they make him a Green Lantern.

Where does this come from?

Seems unlikely, considering they're planning on using Green Lantern in the movies.

Although, since they're using The Flash as well, I suppose it's possible.
    From a story a few weeks back the actor who plays John Diggle said the writers of the show where debating him being John Stewart Diggle. He said nothing was confirmed but they where discussing it.

And Arrow and Flash have nothing to do with the movies and I'm happy about because other than like Batman they can basically do whatever they want.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

From a story a few weeks back the actor who plays John Diggle said the writers of the show where debating him being John Stewart Diggle. He said nothing was confirmed but they where discussing it.

That would be an interesting twist.

I must have missed that story, or it just didn't stick in my brain.
  • Options
    Is anyone else bugged by everyone referring to Ra's al Ghul as "Roz"?

To me, shortening his title and treading it as just his first name seems to diminish his legendary badassedness.

If they called him "al Ghul", that would be better, but "Roz" just seem absurd.

It's only three syllables, they don't call Felicity "Phil".
  • Options
    Latest additions to the Don't Get Me Started File:

The express shuttle from Starling to Nanda Parbat.

Diamond-tipped bullshit... er... bullets.
  • Options
    Why would anyone want to be mayor of Starling City?

This show is freaking ridiculous.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

Why are you still torturing yourself? Like the song says, “Let it go.” I watched hockey instead.
  • Options

WetRats said:

Why are you still torturing yourself? Like the song says, “Let it go.” I watched hockey instead.
    It's like picking at a scab.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    WetRats said:

To me, shortening his title and treading it as just his first name seems to diminish his legendary badassedness.

I am glad they aren't calling him "Rashe." I love B:TAS but they started this name mess.
    Is there an actual Arabic pronunciation to "Ra's al Ghul?"
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I really enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the Atom segment was a bit disappointing (especially as he doesn't shrink or change weights -- what, the SFX can make him fly, but not shrink!?), but I thought the Suicide Squad storyline was remarkably on the mark and felt exactly like a SS story. What Squad mission was ever pulled off without the spam hitting the fan? All they really need is Captain Boomerang...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    JaxUr said:

WetRats said:

I am glad they aren't calling him "Rashe." I love B:TAS but they started this name mess.
    Is there an actual Arabic pronunciation to "Ra's al Ghul?"
    In Arabic it is pronounced RAAZ with a rolled R.
  • Options

I really enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the Atom segment was a bit disappointing (especially as he doesn't shrink or change weights -- what, the SFX can make him fly, but not shrink!?)

I'm hoping that Ray's humiliating ass-whooping will lead him to reconfigure from Iron Man wannabe to a more proper Atom.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    WetRats said:

It personally bugs the heck out of me. Especially when they periodically have people call him "ra'sh".

I really dislike the pronunciation "Roz". Prior to btas or ever hearing it said aloud, I pronounced it "race" in my head. Nowadays they say it's properly said as Roz. However I've heard his creator denni o'neal recently say the proper version is ra'sh ALS btas. Said when he created him he thought the name/meaning was cool but and sought help from a linguistic professor for proper pronunciation which he said was rash. Right or wrong I'll take his opinion on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I like the RAYSH pronunciation best too, because it sounds like wraith. But ask any native Arabic speaker, and they'll say it RAAS with the rolled R. The way I look at it, the fact that it's inconsistent in the movies and TV shows works, because people mispronounce foreign words/names IRL every day. I think the verisimilitude is pretty fitting. On the other hand, I wonder how many Arabic speaking fans roll their eyes when it's pronounced RAYSH?
  • Options
    Denny says it's Raysh, I say it's Raysh. Go watch the episode where he makes the offer to Ollie again. He even calls himself Raysh.
  • Options
    Fun fact: Denny O’Neil did not come up with the name, Batman editor Julie Schwartz did.

Fun fact 2: Up until fairly recently, Denny O’Neil pronounced it RAAZ.

Just stirring the pot. :-\"
  • Options
    I'm not bugged by the pronunciation, rather the using of R'as/Roz as a familiar first name.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Why don't you all just call him Liam Neeson?
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    WetRats said:

I really enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the Atom segment was a bit disappointing (especially as he doesn't shrink or change weights -- what, the SFX can make him fly, but not shrink!?)

I'm hoping that Ray's humiliating ass-whooping will lead him to reconfigure from Iron Man wannabe to a more proper Atom.
    Won't happen they have said he'll never shrink in this series.

• Options
    Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Won't happen they have said he'll never shrink in this series.
    Hmmm...

Missed that.

Where/when did "they" say that?
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    If the Atom doesn't shrink this season, he will for the spin-off.
  • Options
    I've gotta say, for the past few episodes Arrow has been pretty lackluster for me. But last night? Holy crackers. And with this teaser for the rest of the season? I'm SOOOOO glad I just trusted it'd pick back up again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFk7uixvN9s
  • Options
    Welp.

I guess I'll finish this season, but then I think I'm done.

It amazes me how much better the same basic creative team does such a better job on The Flash.

The zippy tone of The Flash seems to make it much more forgivable when the stories play fast and loose with logic and the storylines seem to actually move, rather than just plod.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    WetRats said:

Welp.

I guess I'll finish this season, but then I think I'm done.

It amazes me how much better the same basic creative team does such a better job on The Flash.

The zippy tone of The Flash seems to make it much more forgivable when the stories play fast and loose with logic and the storylines seem to actually move, rather than just plod.

It's amazing how different they are. I really enjoyed this weeks Arrow and I said it was great. Then that's every week for Arrow.

With Supergirl next year and whatever else there is I might drop it too.