Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited May 2015
    "Mastery of swords is more that mastery of technique. To defeat this man, you must think like him. Be like him. You must fight in ways he does. Your only hope in such a teacher is Masayo. Only the student has hope of defeating the master."

Tatsu said this in episode 12 of Arrow season three after she followed Ollie to help him recover as he journeyed home.

This is what I think Ollie joining the League of Assassins is in relation to. Ollie tried to learn from Malcolm when he got back to Starling. It wasn't enough. So he's learning from Ra's himself.

EDIT, SHE SAID MORE IN EPISODE 12: "There are many forms of death. To defeat a man like this Ra's Al Ghul you must be willing not just to die, but to even know what you have to sacrifice in order to beat him....It will be whatever you hold most precious."
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    "My name was Oliver Queen."

Nice.
  • Options
    Oh look.

Another WMD pointed at Starling City.

I-)
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Batm....I mean Arrow is interesting. I'm curious to see how this season plays out.
  • Options
    Katana's costume is excellent.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited May 2015
    Loved this last episode finally felt like the Arrow of the first 2 seasons. Katana looked great wins they wouldn't have revealed that Ollie hadn't drank the coolaid so soon and the final fight between Ra's will be awesome to see.
  • Options
    I wish they hadn't shown the Katana costume in the preview because when she showed up to help team Arrow, I got really excited but then I remembered the preview and knew she was going to suit up. Her scene with her husband was very touching and while I also think it was too soon to reveal that Ollie is still on the light side of the force, I'm enjoying what we are seeing.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

while I also think it was too soon to reveal that Ollie is still on the light side of the force, I'm enjoying what we are seeing.

I think Ollie's on the manipulative jerk side of the force.
  • Options
    Isn't he always?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jaydee74 said:

Isn't he always?

Yep.

I am at a loss to decide what, other than scriptwriter's fiat*, would instill loyalty in his companions.

[insert clever car joke here]
  • Options
    Yeah. I felt a lot of this forcing characters to get from point A to point B and a lot of times doing it in a very baffling way like the writers needed Captain Lance to hate and hunt down team Arrow. I thought the way they did it was very dumb. I feel that there were a lot of instances where dumb things happened for the sake of moving pieces.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Isn't he always?

Yep.

I am at a loss to decide what, other than scriptwriter's fiat*, would instill loyalty in his companions.

[Time at the shop keeping the damned thing running keeps the script writer from thinking about minutiae like that.]
    Like that?
  • Options
    hauberk said:

WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Isn't he always?

Yep.

[Time at the shop keeping the damned thing running keeps the script writer from thinking about minutiae like that.]
    Like that?
    Well-played.
  • Options
    I was a little disappointed in tonight's finale. Though I can't put my finger on exactly why.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited May 2015

I was a little disappointed in tonight's finale. Though I can't put my finger on exactly why.

I thought it was good but not as good as Season 1 and 2 Finale. I think it wrapped up a lot of stuff and setting up stuff to. I think the explosion in Ray's office will result in him shrinking. We have a Speedy.

Like that I think all of this stuff that happened this season resulting in Merlyn becoming the new Ra's was all part of Merlyn's plan. I think he had Thea kill Sarah planning on the end result him ascending.

I liked the Ra's fight but it wasn't as epic as it should be like Ollie's fight vs Slade and Merlyn was. The Flash cameo was cool I really wish they'd make it clearer on the time line.

And I really do believe Diggle will end up being John Stewart Diggle and he will become a GL and I think after seeing the Supergirl trailer they could pull it off on a TV show.

And Ollie and Felicity driving off into the sunset won't last obviously because there would be no series so something will happen that makes him un-retire and I think that's when he'll finally be called the Green Arrow.

This episode almost felt like series Finale but I think it was just the Finale of the Arrow character that will become GA.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the finale. I think Flash's little cameo was good. I almost thought for a moment that Ollie was going to become Ra's and make the League of Assassins become something else but I think Merlyn becoming Ra's was cool. I knew Thea was going to become Speedy at the end of season 1 so I'm glad to see it come to pass. I am curious to see how Ollie comes back to his costumed duties and Diggle becoming a Green Lantern? I could dig that big time. That would be interesting. Overall, I thought the season was very uneven but I thought they stuck the landing with the finale and I'm intrigued for the next season.
  • Options
    Diggle won't be Green Lantern. I believe they've said as much. I suppose it could be a misdirect. But I doubt it. I've heard they have "other plans" for Diggle.
  • Options
    Well, whatever plans they have for him, I hope it comes with a cool codename.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I hear he's going to be a new version of a 1970s DC war character: Gravediggle.
  • Options
    Maybe this is out of left field but what if he becomes Mr. Terrific?
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Maybe this is out of left field but what if he becomes Mr. Terrific?

Granted, I haven't really watched Arrow outside of the pilot and half an episode a few months back, but is Diggle one of the smartest men in the world? He couldn't even figure out Oliver was Arrow.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    For that reason he works better as the military version of John Stewart, versus the architect version.
  • Options
    Hey, Gravediggle is a military man too, you know.
  • Options
    I didn't say he had to be super smart but that is a big part of who Mr. Terrific is I guess. John Stewart would be a good choice given his military background.
  • Options
    "City's under attack. Must be May."
  • Options
    WetRats said:

"City's under attack. Must be May."

Caught that, quite asute of Capt Lance..
  • Options
    monsterswinmonsterswin Posts: 15
    I watched most of the first season on Netflix then quit for a good while. Finally went back and watched season 2 and season 3. Not a great show but by now? Here is season 3? What does any of this crap have to do with Green Arrow?
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547